If Goku never let go of Raditz's tail...

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

i'mfuckingevil
Beyond Newbie

If Goku never let go of Raditz's tail...

Post by i'mfuckingevil » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:25 am

Man, I feel like this is just another one of those what if moments, I've just been wanting to make the thread for a while and now it's coming to fruition.

If Goku never let go of Raditz's tail, he could have held it with one hand and just ki-blasted Raditz to death.

RocktheDragon
Regular

Re: If Goku never let go of Raditz's tail...

Post by RocktheDragon » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:13 am

If Goku would not have let go of the tail we certainly would not have had Goku going to train at Kaio's. Goku would have been way too powered down for the arrival of Vegeta and Nappa and probably would have lost...

Though those are just my own personal thoughts on how I think things would play out. But since it never happened...I guess it could go in favor of Goku and co. somehow.
Kyle Broflovski wrote:It's all real. Think about it. Haven't Luke Skywalker and Santa Claus affected your lives more than most real people in this room? I mean, whether Jesus is real or not, he - he's had a bigger impact on the world than any of us have. And the same can be said for Bugs Bunny and - and Superman and Harry Potter. They've changed my life - changed the way I act on the earth. Doesn't that make them kind of real? They might be imaginary but, but they're more important than most of us here. And they're all gonna be around here long after we're dead. So, in a way, those things are more realer than any of us.

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:12 am

Nappa & Vegeta would not come to Earth as they would not know about the Dragon Balls.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

flashback0180
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by flashback0180 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:30 am

I imagine the plot changing will be like:-

If goku hadn't let go of Raddits tail , Piccalo would have killed Raddits as usual .

Raddits wouldn't know about the dragon balls because they didn't mention it as Goku's life was not at risk.

Goku and Piccalo would train to surpass Raddits, Till Nappa and Vegeta figure out that Raddits is dead after a long duration of time .

now the story can turn in 2 ways
1> They don't give a crap about raddits as a weak low class sayien and lives on like nothing ever happened.

2>they come to avenge him.
Kills most of the z warriors and kidnap Gohon .

...ya i think gohon would murder those 2 after he surpass their power lv.

idk ...

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:16 am

I guess Frieza one day would have been travelled to Earth and no one could have done anything against him. Depending on how much Piccolo changes he will or will not fuse with Kami (probably he and Goku remained enemies and only trained to battle each other so they won't get strong enough for Frieza) but eventually dies, even if he succeeds in defeating Frieza the Androids will be a problem as he is not as strong as normally. Doctor Gero does not makes Cell or a weaker version of Cell. The Androids, if not found and destroyed kill everyone including Frieza (if he is still alive, if not then Piccolo in case he defeated Frieza). Cell probably arrives and depending on how many people to be absorbed are left he either becomes perfect or loses against 16. Either Cell or the other Androids remain on Earth - Cell would probably destroy it. One day Babidi tries to release Buu - in case Earth still exists - probably succeeds because he has Dabura to help him, Buu does not obey and eats everyone.

Except Baby the whole GT part would also not happen - or at least this way - then as Super 17 and the Shadow Dragons all happen because of something the main characters did.

I guess Goku was right after the Cell saga. He is a villain magnet.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:38 am

Assuming Nappa and Vegeta were interested in Goku for the same reason Raditz was (recruiting him to help wipe out a planet), they'd have even more need of him now that Raditz is dead. But considering that even with the motivation of the Dragon Balls, they still wanted to personally deal with Goku because he was a traitor, they'd still have that motivation too. So they'd probably still come to earth. And Goku would be woefully under-prepared to beat them.

However, if you want to deal with the implications of the Freeza retcon, would Nappa and Vegeta risk going to earth against orders for such a small payoff? But for that matter, was Raditz going to earth without Freeza's permission? If they were subjugating a planet, that seems like it would be something Freeza sent them to do, so recruiting a warrior to help them would probably have been something Freeza would have approved of. But if they were working for Freeza, why couldn't Freeza have just sent reinforcements? And wouldn't Freeza have preferred to do that rather than having Raditz wander off to bumfuck nowhere to try and recruit someone they hadn't had contact with in 20 years?
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:07 pm

I would imagine Piccolo and Goku would keep on fighting each other for the next several years until #17 and #18 arrive. Nappa and Vegeta would never bother coming to Earth if they know nothing about the Dragon Balls. Nappa and Vegeta could go to Namek on their own and try to use the Dragon Balls without Freeza knowing. Nail would end up killing Nappa and Vegeta before they can do anything.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:52 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I would imagine Piccolo and Goku would keep on fighting each other for the next several years until #17 and #18 arrive. Nappa and Vegeta would never bother coming to Earth if they know nothing about the Dragon Balls. Nappa and Vegeta could go to Namek on their own and try to use the Dragon Balls without Freeza knowing. Nail would end up killing Nappa and Vegeta before they can do anything.
Vegeta could beat Nail by going Oozaru
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

mAcChaos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mAcChaos » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:51 pm

The whole reason Goku didn't grab his tail a second time was because Raditz could cut his tail off. He says that himself.

So Raditz would just cut his tail off and the fight would continue.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:16 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I would imagine Piccolo and Goku would keep on fighting each other for the next several years until #17 and #18 arrive. Nappa and Vegeta would never bother coming to Earth if they know nothing about the Dragon Balls. Nappa and Vegeta could go to Namek on their own and try to use the Dragon Balls without Freeza knowing. Nail would end up killing Nappa and Vegeta before they can do anything.
I doubt they'd have any incentive to ever want to go to Namek, since Vegeta comments that he saw it as little more than a legend until learning about the Dragonballs and then seeing that there was a Namek on Earth. He then realized that there might be some legitimacy to the legend, and that's what made him decide to go to Namek. Without going to Earth and seeing evidence to support that the legends about the dragon of Namek had merit, he probably would have continued on thinking they were just legend and thus never went there in search of them.

i'mfuckingevil
Beyond Newbie

Post by i'mfuckingevil » Tue May 06, 2014 1:56 am

mAcChaos wrote:The whole reason Goku didn't grab his tail a second time was because Raditz could cut his tail off. He says that himself.

So Raditz would just cut his tail off and the fight would continue.
Raditz was in a massive amount of pain when Goky grabbed hold of it. He was at Goku's mercy and if my thread had its way, Raditz wouldn't.

thatdbzguy
Banned

Post by thatdbzguy » Tue May 06, 2014 11:34 am

Goku was such an idiot in this fight. Could've just blasted Raditz as he had his tail grabbed, but nope. That would make too much sense.
Khalid Shahin wrote:
Dragon Soul Funimation Lyrics wrote:Nothing ever dies; we will rise again!
Yeah, pretty much sums the show up right there.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue May 06, 2014 11:55 am

thatdbzguy wrote:Goku was such an idiot in this fight. Could've just blasted Raditz as he had his tail grabbed, but nope. That would make too much sense.
Which would have accomplished...what, exaclty?
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

qjz123
Regular

Post by qjz123 » Tue May 06, 2014 12:19 pm

thatdbzguy wrote:Goku was such an idiot in this fight. Could've just blasted Raditz as he had his tail grabbed, but nope. That would make too much sense.
Not really, Goku choose to grab Raditz from behind rather than grab his tail because he knew there was a chance that Raditz could escape by ripping it off. Even though Raditz was in a lot of pain for all we know he could have been able to rip it off the first time he was grabbed but choose not to. Probably because he doesn't want to loose his ability to turn into an oozaru. The fact that Goku says that Raditz could rip off his tail leads me to believe that Goku feels that it is very possible for him to do it, I"m inclined to believe him because he used to have a tail and he understands how much pain it being grabbed causes. So with the energy he had left he choose to grab Raditz from behind even if he died Goku knew that he could be brought back with the Dragon Balls the most important thing was getting rid of Raditz.
Kendamu wrote:
AjayLikesGaming wrote:If you put out untouched footage, someone like me is going to take it and turn it into a perfect release. Someone not like me is going to do the same and share it instead. You give pirates the opportunity to do better than companies and people will jump on that so fast.
This is an 80s/90s animated all-ages show that was popular amongst kids. It's not some potent super weapon that might fall into the wrong hands that we have to protect from evil.

thatdbzguy
Banned

Post by thatdbzguy » Tue May 06, 2014 2:07 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Gee, I don't know, defeating Raditz and saving his son, maybe?
qjz123 wrote:Not really, Goku choose to grab Raditz from behind rather than grab his tail because he knew there was a chance that Raditz could escape by ripping it off. Even though Raditz was in a lot of pain for all we know he could have been able to rip it off the first time he was grabbed but choose not to. Probably because he doesn't want to loose his ability to turn into an oozaru. The fact that Goku says that Raditz could rip off his tail leads me to believe that Goku feels that it is very possible for him to do it, I"m inclined to believe him because he used to have a tail and he understands how much pain it being grabbed causes. So with the energy he had left he choose to grab Raditz from behind even if he died Goku knew that he could be brought back with the Dragon Balls the most important thing was getting rid of Raditz.
Goku could have easily blasted Raditz before he even had a chance to cut off his tail, so there goes that.
Khalid Shahin wrote:

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue May 06, 2014 2:08 pm

thatdbzguy wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Gee, I don't know, defeating Raditz and saving his son, maybe?
...How?
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).

NitroEX
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by NitroEX » Tue May 06, 2014 2:12 pm

Even if they never had to worry about the Saiyans or Freeza coming to Earth Gero would still build androids regardless and kill them while they're busy living peacefully.

thatdbzguy
Banned

Post by thatdbzguy » Tue May 06, 2014 2:18 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:...How?
Blasting Raditz while holding his tail would have defeated him.
Khalid Shahin wrote:

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue May 06, 2014 2:19 pm

thatdbzguy wrote:
Based on...what, exactly?
Malik_DBNA wrote:

thatdbzguy
Banned

Post by thatdbzguy » Tue May 06, 2014 2:35 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
thatdbzguy wrote:
Based on...what, exactly?
The fact that Raditz was completely defenseless?
Khalid Shahin wrote: