DB Continued chapter 2 (complete)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Demi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Demi » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:02 pm

Brilliant. I can't wait to see more pages. You rule, Bejita.

Bejiita
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bejiita » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:12 am

Demi wrote:Brilliant. I can't wait to see more pages. You rule, Bejita.
Thanks, you liked my manga before and I see you still do. :D

And t-bone135, who's saying I won't make them meet each other? With them being in the same timeline now I would think them not meeting would be wierd, yes, they will meet, soon. No rivalry, although I wouldn't mind a little bit between them, not like Vegeta and Goku or nothing, just light jealousy and ambition to keep up with 'himself's' future form. (is that a word?)

Anyway, I just put up another page. And I added the front cover to chapter 1 too.
My DB Fan manga:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19169 [The new version]
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1942]Chapter 1
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2685]Chapter 2
Photo's I've taken of the nearby neighbourhoods where I live in South London: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8306850@N08/

t-bone135
Beyond Newbie
Location: Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement of the house half a block down. . .

Post by t-bone135 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:22 pm

Bejiita wrote:

And t-bone135, who's saying I won't make them meet each other? With them being in the same timeline now I would think them not meeting would be wierd, yes, they will meet, soon. No rivalry, although I wouldn't mind a little bit between them, not like Vegeta and Goku or nothing, just light jealousy and ambition to keep up with 'himself's' future form. (is that a word?)

Anyway, I just put up another page. And I added the front cover to chapter 1 too.
:oops: I'm sorry for bugging you. You're right though, and I should've thought of that as well.

Anyway, is it harder to draw people sitting at a table? Just wondering . . .
Best. Slip 'n' slide. EVER!

Come read my fan-fiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/~tbone135

Bejiita
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bejiita » Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:20 pm

t-bone135 wrote:
Bejiita wrote:

:oops: I'm sorry for bugging you. You're right though, and I should've thought of that as well.

Anyway, is it harder to draw people sitting at a table? Just wondering . . .
Bugging me? I ain't offended in anyway if that's what you're thinking. I made 'won't' bold because I will definately make them meet each other.

Drawing people at the table...was quite hard.

There's something about the way I type that must make people think I'm angry or something... :shock: This isn't the first time this has happened. I just keep things brief sometimes, or just say think bluntly.
My DB Fan manga:
Photo's I've taken of the nearby neighbourhoods where I live in South London: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8306850@N08/

t-bone135
Beyond Newbie
Location: Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement of the house half a block down. . .

Post by t-bone135 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:44 am

Bejiita wrote:There's something about the way I type that must make people think I'm angry or something... :shock: This isn't the first time this has happened. I just keep things brief sometimes, or just say think bluntly.
Actually, I took it that you were more annoyed rather then angry. I've seen what you mean though on other threads where other people have misread you. I guess I fell into the same trap. :oops:

Not to sound critical, but I could tell that it was a little bit harder to draw the table scenes, (it's in the arms, esspecially the ones where they are holding chop-sticks.) Still, it's better then anything I could draw, let alone consistantly. And it wasn't "bad" either, just a noticable difference in "quality," (for lack of better term.)

Can't wait for more! Keep it coming. :)

Snail
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Snail » Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:06 am

This is great work Bejita! I'm currently working on my own fan made manga of a continuation to Dragon Ball as well, but unfortunately, I don't know how I would post it up here haha. By the way, i can understand how the table scenes, take a lot of effort, I hate perspective. I'm looking foreward to seeing more. It's awesome!

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:38 am

:P Very nice cover art for chapter 1! I love how you draw Uub, I've always found his hair annoying to draw. :x
I really, really need to get back into the habit of posting.

Bejiita
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bejiita » Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:32 am

t-bone135 wrote:
Bejiita wrote:There's something about the way I type that must make people think I'm angry or something... :shock: This isn't the first time this has happened. I just keep things brief sometimes, or just say think bluntly.
Actually, I took it that you were more annoyed rather then angry. I've seen what you mean though on other threads where other people have misread you. I guess I fell into the same trap. :oops:

Not to sound critical, but I could tell that it was a little bit harder to draw the table scenes, (it's in the arms, esspecially the ones where they are holding chop-sticks.) Still, it's better then anything I could draw, let alone consistantly. And it wasn't "bad" either, just a noticable difference in "quality," (for lack of better term.)

Can't wait for more! Keep it coming. :)
Yea the table part was a bit tricky to get them all there and looking decent, I mean, when you draw multiple people in one panel, you have to draw them to scale and everything and it can be hard in a small box, plus trying to avoid smudging(which only seems to appear after I scan the page!).

But either ways, that panel is out of the way now, better for me!

And snail, you're right, perspectives can be messed up easily, glad you're linking my manga and good luck with yours, let's see it when it's ready for show. :wink:

And thank's chaos Saiyajin, I'm pleased you like my front page for chapter 1, I actually took some time on it and drew a rough picture before hand(of Uub, not Goku mind you). Uub's hai can be a joke to draw at all angles, just got to get used to it I guess.
My DB Fan manga:

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:24 pm

:P Hey Bejita, I just thought of something...How long are you planning to make the manga? Do you already have an entire storyline planned out, or are you making it up as you go along? It's great, and I'm very interested in seeing Uub mature.

:) If I ever get me a scanner, expect to see a fan manga or two from me!

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:23 pm

VERY impressive Bejita, I look forward to seeing more of it.
-Laserkid

DBZ MAN
Regular

Post by DBZ MAN » Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:33 pm

This is AMAZING. lol, not many people make great art fan fic comics AND story too. i'm loving this build up, keep going man!

Bejiita
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bejiita » Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:31 pm

Chaos Saiyajin wrote::P Hey Bejita, I just thought of something...How long are you planning to make the manga? Do you already have an entire storyline planned out, or are you making it up as you go along? It's great, and I'm very interested in seeing Uub mature.

:) If I ever get me a scanner, expect to see a fan manga or two from me!

I don't know how long it is yet, but I have the basic story planned out, it's not all complete, but I'm not just making up stuff along the way, but I will add stuff in that I might not have planned, the odd thing.

Uub isn't really matured, he's just a bit shy in front of strangers, he is only 11 or something.

Thanks laser kid, and DBZ MAN too. ;)

Oh, and I re-done page 3 of chapter 1, if anyone want to see it.
My DB Fan manga:

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:01 pm

Uub isn't really matured, he's just a bit shy in front of strangers, he is only 11 or something.
I didn't say he was matured, I said I was interested in seeing how he'll mature, sorry about that! :oops:

Anyway, Page 3 of chapter 1 looks a lot better, I like the look on Uub's face when he's using his Kamehameha Wave. Keep up the good work!

t-bone135
Beyond Newbie

Post by t-bone135 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:57 am

I too am impressed with the new look of page 3. And while I'm at it, the cover page looks good too. :P

Bejiita
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bejiita » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:05 pm

Chaos Saiyajin wrote:
I didn't say he was matured, I said I was interested in seeing how he'll mature, sorry about that! :oops:

Anyway, Page 3 of chapter 1 looks a lot better, I like the look on Uub's face when he's using his Kamehameha Wave. Keep up the good work!
So you mean how he'll mature, cool then, it's just some people think I haven't drawn Uub 'meaty' enough and I'm trying to tell them he can't go from a stick man to he-man in 1 year. :roll:

It's good you're liking the re-done chapter 1 panels, glad you like the cover too t-bone.

While I'm at it I did some of page 1 and 2's panels, although I'm looking to carry on from chapter 2 now, enough editing!
My DB Fan manga:

Great Saiyaman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Great Saiyaman » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:55 pm

I must say, I am a Trunks fan & to see someone draw a great comic like this makes me happy. Stellar job.
[b]Vegito:[/b] What do you call a Goku & a Vegeta? Gogeta sounds nice.
[b]Toriyama:[/b] *wak*

[i]"I wanna go to Filler Hell when I die."-Me[/i]

Bejiita
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bejiita » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:28 am

Great Saiyaman wrote:I must say, I am a Trunks fan & to see someone draw a great comic like this makes me happy. Stellar job.
Thanks, it's good Trunks fans like it, it must mean I'm drawing him good enough. :)

Also, people on other forums say some silly comments, it's like over the top gratitude or something, saying how the need new pants and crap like that, it's only here(and some other forums) that I get reaonable responces and proper answers on this work I'm doing.
My DB Fan manga:

DBZ MAN
Regular

Post by DBZ MAN » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:11 pm

I can tell your doing a great Job because (and i'm sure people are with me on this)
A.) I'm always wanting more when it's finished. (Which means it's a great story)
B.) The Art is Excellent and Faithful to the manga
C.) I love DB fan mangas that have good art because theres only so much db out there compared to marvel and things like that. (Fan mangas are the only extra stuff we can get if you get me :lol: )

Great Saiyaman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Great Saiyaman » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:17 pm

Oh yes, you draw Trunks very good. I wish I could draw like you.
[b]Vegito:[/b] What do you call a Goku & a Vegeta? Gogeta sounds nice.
[b]Toriyama:[/b] *wak*

[i]"I wanna go to Filler Hell when I die."-Me[/i]

masenko
Beyond Newbie

Post by masenko » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:38 pm

Wow you're a pretty good artist but I have a few problems with an otherwise great piece of work. Every character has an awkward pattern of how they are positioned on the page which makes it seem less realistic. For example, you really never change how a character is drawn. Trunks and Goku usually are standing straight and their heads are either slightly left/right or straight on. Also, you do tend to use a side shot often. The great thing about Toriyama's work (which I am assuming you are trying to emulate) is that he uses out of the ordinary positions for characters which make them look alive. Often he'll show characters slightly from the back side or completely from a bird's eye view. He's a master at his work but I am recommending these techniques because they helped me create better DBZ drawings in the past and if I had a scanner, I would definitely show them. Also, you tend to not show more than one character in each panel, maybe using larger paper or finer pens would help this. Wow, I've really gone on with these comments but I guess it's because I am so into your story and drawings. Good Luck with it and keep at it!

P.S.
You obviously have a scanner so try to type in the words afterwards, it'll look way more professional.
"I GOTTA GAMBLE EVERYTHING I GOT ON THIS ONE FIST!!!!" - Son Goku, Tale 160