"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Makaioshin » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:30 am

Saiga wrote: Where you just going off the achievements? Because I'm absolutely not sure why not all of the mentors get achievements, is there a difference between the level of teaching you get from the ones with achievements?
All of the masters do give achievements though. At least everyone named so far on the last page does(and I'm pretty sure there aren't more).
Last edited by Makaioshin on Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:32 am

Makaioshin wrote:
Saiga wrote: Where you just going off the achievements? Because I'm absolutely not sure why not all of the mentors get achievements, is there a difference between the level of teaching you get from the ones with achievements?
All of the masters do give achievements though.
Oh, you're right. I thought Ginyu and Cell lacked them.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:47 am

Ok I know it's probably been said a million times at this point but the RNG in this a ridiculous. I mean I cool with the whole they might drop item thing, I have no issues with that...but having RNG on the Ultimate Finish conditions...WHAT THE HELL

If you fulfil the conditions it should always work, no excuses. The amount of times I've been playing the stage to get Vegetto's clothing and he hasn't turned up, despite the fact Raditz and Nappa have been perfectly fine is really annoying.
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:44 am

I love it how Cell calls SSJ4 Vegeta ''Ultra Super Vegeta!" :lol:
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:04 am

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:I love it how Cell calls SSJ4 Vegeta ''Ultra Super Vegeta!" :lol:
I've yet to see if there is any lines between SSJ4 Goku and Beerus, but Whis comments that SSJ4 Goku would make a perfect Hakaishin.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:09 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
SSJ God Gogeta wrote:I love it how Cell calls SSJ4 Vegeta ''Ultra Super Vegeta!" :lol:
I've yet to see if there is any lines between SSJ4 Goku and Beerus, but Whis comments that SSJ4 Goku would make a perfect Hakaishin.
Beerus: "It's a bit different from your god form... What is that form?''

Goku: "This? This is SSJ4!''

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:12 am

Need some solid advice guys. I've got Z ranks on all the PQ's up to 4 & 5, but have no idea how to get those. How on Earth are you supposed to kill all the Saibaimen in PQ 4 before 5 minutes is up? I'm using SS4 Vegeta/Gogeta but it's still too much with all the portals and crap.

On PQ 5, is there a 5 minute secret condition? I thought I was clever realising that you can defeat the Saiyans first and avoid fighting the Saibaimen to finish it under 5 minutes, but that didn't award me with anything.

What teammates are solid for PQs that you can get just after finishing the Ginyu saga? I'm using SS4 Gogeta since SS4 Vegeta teammates simply won't charge ki, but is there anyone else that's particularly helpful for any reason?
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:00 am

Too bad SSJG Goku has no lines with Freeza or anyone from GT. Does Beerus and Super Yi Xing Long (Omega Shenron) have any lines with each other?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:07 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:Too bad SSJG Goku has no lines with Freeza or anyone from GT.
Freeza has one line with SSJG Goku.

Freeza: "Wha- WHAT IS THAT FORM!?!? Is it!.!.!''

Note that Freeza has some interesting quotes with Beerus and Whis as well.
Hellspawn28 wrote: Does Beerus and Super Yi Xing Long (Omega Shenron) have any lines with each other?
Nope.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:20 am

Switched to using the first variation of Goku as my partners, both of them. His Z Soul which restores whole team ki is the only thing that really benefits me directly, so that seems to work. :P

I'm actually back to using my CaC to farm these parallel quests, which I'm happy about. Auto ki regen just seems to be really handy.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:51 am

lol yes that line is so awesome. I think he will say it to any form of Vegeta though.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:28 am

One of the things I don't like is the AI for your teammates that you happen to bring along. All they generally do is fire ki blasts and do basic attacks and throws. They rarely use their Supers and they never use their Ultimates. It's like their only purpose is to be your meat shield.

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:38 am

SSJ God Gogeta wrote: Note that Freeza has some interesting quotes with Beerus and Whis as well.
Yeah. Now we know ...

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:51 am

Random question: how do you unlock the Z-Soul "Get Serious Will You?" in PQ 41? I've been trying to get that one, but I haven't had any luck.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:08 am

Saiga wrote:Need some solid advice guys. I've got Z ranks on all the PQ's up to 4 & 5, but have no idea how to get those. How on Earth are you supposed to kill all the Saibaimen in PQ 4 before 5 minutes is up? I'm using SS4 Vegeta/Gogeta but it's still too much with all the portals and crap.

On PQ 5, is there a 5 minute secret condition? I thought I was clever realising that you can defeat the Saiyans first and avoid fighting the Saibaimen to finish it under 5 minutes, but that didn't award me with anything.

What teammates are solid for PQs that you can get just after finishing the Ginyu saga? I'm using SS4 Gogeta since SS4 Vegeta teammates simply won't charge ki, but is there anyone else that's particularly helpful for any reason?
Ah yes, Saibamen's Revege. I know your pain. I waited until I was level 60+ on my melee focused character. Basically the best thing to do is taking someone with 50+ points in basic melee and just pummel your way through. The majority if them should drop with a basic light melee combo. I recommend a Freeza race character as all their suits boost everything melee.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:36 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
Ah yes, Saibamen's Revege. I know your pain. I waited until I was level 60+ on my melee focused character. Basically the best thing to do is taking someone with 50+ points in basic melee and just pummel your way through. The majority if them should drop with a basic light melee combo. I recommend a Freeza race character as all their suits boost everything melee.
Well just my luck, my first character is melee-centric. But level 60?! :shock: I was hoping to do this at level 25! I didn't think these early Parallel mission would be so hard...

My original plan was to play Parallel quests as they're unlocked until I unlock all the skills and melee costumes and coming back later for the ki boosting costumes. But it looks like I might have to continue the story if some of them are going to be that hard to unlock stuff from.

What's everyone's advice for main quest / parallel quest balance? I have heard you can't just do the main story without grinding in parallel quests, but if some of the parallel quests aren't useful until later I'm not sure what to do.

Also, I figured out PQ 5. Turns out it's actually a bad thing for the Saibaimen to flee, not a time saving strategy. :lol: First time I tried to kill them first, I met both bonus conditions and unlocked all but one of the skills. I still need Vacation Delete, and I have no idea if I need to do anything special for it. Does anyone else? Will it just randomly drop if I keep doing the secret conditions, or do I need something in particular with Raditz?

Also, I feel like PQ 5 is far better for Dragon Ball farming than PQ 3. You only need to beat Raditz to see if a time patroller will appear or not, and if it does then you just beat Nappa followed by Vegeta without any more interruptions. The Saibaimen running away will mean you only need to beat 3 characters aside from the time patroller, while PQ 3 has you beat 5 or 6 others.

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:14 am

The way I've been doing it is, do story up until you're back at the HUB world, then do all the PQs avaliable.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:44 am

Quebaz wrote:The way I've been doing it is, do story up until you're back at the HUB world, then do all the PQs avaliable.
So you clear each PQ once before returning to the main story?

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:47 am

Saiga wrote:
Quebaz wrote:The way I've been doing it is, do story up until you're back at the HUB world, then do all the PQs avaliable.
So you clear each PQ once before returning to the main story?
That's right.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:56 am

I might just give up my grinding and do that, then. Completing the story unlocks a bunch of new costumes and skills to buy anyway, beats the RNG ordeal of PQ's.

edit: absolutely demolished PQ 4 after getting my new PC. From 15 FPS to 150. :lol: Makes combat so much easier.