DBZ Kai coming to Toonami

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Daisetsu
Beyond Newbie

Re: DBZ Kai coming to Toonami

Post by Daisetsu » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:31 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:
Samwize78 wrote:The episode is now up on [adult swim]'s website, it's all Yamamoto. Phew, good to know I'm not going crazy :D .
Am I the crazy one? I could have sworn it was Kikuchi’s score up until a certain point. Ugh, I wish I recorded it.
It was definitely Yamamoto from the start. I remember being extremely confused about it while Bardock was onscreen.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:36 pm

Daisetsu wrote:
Tanooki Kuribo wrote:
Samwize78 wrote:The episode is now up on [adult swim]'s website, it's all Yamamoto. Phew, good to know I'm not going crazy :D .
Am I the crazy one? I could have sworn it was Kikuchi’s score up until a certain point. Ugh, I wish I recorded it.
It was definitely Yamamoto from the start. I remember being extremely confused about it while Bardock was onscreen.
OK, I guess I was wrong. Sorry for the misinformation. :oops:

Morgil

Post by Morgil » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:00 pm

Why would they even have done that? It just seems weird to switch scores midway through the episode.

Personally, i suspected it was Yamamoto rather early on when they had the instrumental version of Dragon Soul during the DB montage, and then was pretty much 100% sure it was the Y-score during the scene with Gohan in the river.
[url]http://forums.chozosanctuary.com/[/url]

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:06 pm

Haha...well, OK everybody, we all know what this means, right? Nobody tell Toonami or FUNimation anything. Let's see how many episodes with the Yamamoto score we can get them to air before they figure out their mistake! :lol:
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:06 pm

Morgil wrote:Why would they even have done that? It just seems weird to switch scores midway through the episode.
Well, I wasn't saying it wasn't weird.

Valerius Dover
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Valerius Dover » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:44 pm

TheBlackPaladin wrote:Haha...well, OK everybody, we all know what this means, right? Nobody tell Toonami or FUNimation anything. Let's see how many episodes with the Yamamoto score we can get them to air before they figure out their mistake! :lol:
Seconded. :D
It's even possible that Episodes 96-98 have English masters with Yamamoto. So, let's have them get through all 98 episodes with Yamamoto.....and then tell them. :lol:
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

PhoenixEX
Regular

Post by PhoenixEX » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:13 pm

I'm pretty sure that sometime between now and the next two years (episode 98 should be airing mid-late 2016) they'll probably figure out their mistake.
Hell, I bet that they probably already know considering how many people wrote about it on Twitter.
One World. 🌐 🕊

G1Ravage
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by G1Ravage » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:18 pm

Glad to hear the Yamamoto score on Toonami.

I'm also pleased that the complete opening and closing credits aired, even if it meant losing the next episode preview.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:49 pm

Valerius Dover wrote:It's even possible that Episodes 96-98 have English masters with Yamamoto.
After Toei acknowledged Yamamoto's plagiarism, episode 96 was hastily re-edited and got its multiple scenes edited out because of the earthquake, so the Yamamoto score version of the episode doesn't even exist from the beginning.

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:08 pm

TheBlackPaladin wrote:Haha...well, OK everybody, we all know what this means, right? Nobody tell Toonami or FUNimation anything. Let's see how many episodes with the Yamamoto score we can get them to air before they figure out their mistake! :lol:
Someone told DeMarco:

https://twitter.com/Clarknova1/status/5 ... 2691296256

C'mon bro. Snitches get stitches. :evil:
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

ChibiGoku
Beyond Newbie

Post by ChibiGoku » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:33 pm

Kid Buu wrote:
Someone told DeMarco:

https://twitter.com/Clarknova1/status/5 ... 2691296256

C'mon bro. Snitches get stitches. :evil:
Not going to lie, I was considering bringing it up. I'd rather not the parties may be get in trouble for this.

Valerius Dover
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Valerius Dover » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:51 pm

kei17 wrote:
Valerius Dover wrote:It's even possible that Episodes 96-98 have English masters with Yamamoto.
After Toei acknowledged Yamamoto's plagiarism, episode 96 was hastily re-edited and got its multiple scenes edited out because of the earthquake, so the Yamamoto score version of the episode doesn't even exist from the beginning.
Wow, I actually didn't know this. Which earthquake scenes in particular are we talking about?
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:52 pm

If you guys had kept quiet about this then Toonami would probably still use the Yamamoto score but now they'll definitely be using the replacement soundtrack. Times like these when keeping secrecy about stuff like this is useful even if it showed up on TV.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:03 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:If you guys had kept quiet about this then Toonami would probably still use the Yamamoto score but now they'll definitely be using the replacement soundtrack. Times like these when keeping secrecy about stuff like this is useful even if it showed up on TV.
I know, right? Who cares about plagiarism? I just wanna watch my cartoon the way it was meant to be seen. :roll:
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:05 pm

ChibiGoku wrote:I'd rather not the parties may be get in trouble for this.
Agreed. Letting them air an infringing score just for your enjoyment is obvisouly not worth endengering the franchise itself. Considering that all the plagiarised tracks are ripped off from Hollywood movie scores, for Toei, airing it in the U.S. is the riskiest thing to do.

Sorry for Yamamoto fans, but the Yamamoto score ought not to officially exist anymore. We should tell them their mistake and let them replace the score as soon as possible.

Valerius Dover wrote:
kei17 wrote:After Toei acknowledged Yamamoto's plagiarism, episode 96 was hastily re-edited and got its multiple scenes edited out because of the earthquake, so the Yamamoto score version of the episode doesn't even exist from the beginning.
Wow, I actually didn't know this. Which earthquake scenes in particular are we talking about?
We don't know the exact scenes that they edited out, but my guess is that they're the ones where people are being frightened by the earthquake that is caused by Gohan and Cell's kamehameha. Also, the scene where the Z fighters are blown away by Cell must have been cut, too because it can remind people of those who were swept away by the tsunami.

As a result, they had to fill in the reduced length of the episode with an extended recap. This is why the recap is unnecessarily long and doesn't have Yanami's narration.

Morgil

Post by Morgil » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:20 pm

Honestly, i'd rather Funi play it safe and air the legally okay version. Besides, if i wanna watch it with the Y-score, i still have the dvds of that version, since i bought them right away when they first came out.
[url]http://forums.chozosanctuary.com/[/url]

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:12 am

This theory stems from baseless optimism with a nearly non-existent possibility of being true, and as such, I will be ending this post with the words, "Hey, a guy can dream!"

....Perhaps Toei reversed their decision and decided to allow the Yamamoto score again since nobody has sued them about it?

..........Hey, a guy can dream!
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:25 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:I know, right? Who cares about plagiarism? I just wanna watch my cartoon the way it was meant to be seen. :roll:
Here you are again stalking me, please just stop with it or I'll report you for these shallow attacks.

In any case even if Toonami had kept airing with the original score they wouldn't have knew about the incident because they weren't aware of it.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:08 am

How is it 'stalking' to go into a thread and make a comment behind another person that you've made comments behind before? Unless he is quite literally posting right after you in every thread, then I don't see it. Despite this forum's size, there are a relatively small number of regular posters, so it's only natural to be in the same threads with the same people a lot.

Anyway, interesting that Toonami accidentally aired the first episode with the Yamamoto score. I wonder if they'll have this fixed by next week or if it'll take longer than that. I much prefer the Yamamoto score for Kai myself, but hey, the score went away for a reason, and I'd hate to see Toonami get in trouble for using it, especially when they were outside the know.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:17 am

How is it 'stalking' to go into a thread and make a comment behind another person that you've made comments behind before? Unless he is quite literally posting right after you in every thread, then I don't see it. Despite this forum's size, there are a relatively small number of regular posters, so it's only natural to be in the same threads with the same people a lot.
He's done it before and he's actually quite arrogant when he replies back to comments I make, but it's not just me as he's been unpleasant to another user too instead of saying it politely.

I don't appreciate his hostile attitude and it's actually uncomfortable. :|
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray