Kai Episode 107 (01 June 2014)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheAldella
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Kai Episode 107 (01 June 2014)

Post by TheAldella » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:32 am

ON ANOTHER NOTE: I can't get enough of this score now. Hearing all these new tracks take over the stage is a blessing.

EDIT: I've actually started to view Yamamoto as a cross between Kikuchi and Team Faulconer, and Sumitomo as a cross between Kikuchi and Nathan Johnson.
Last edited by TheAldella on Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Favorite anime -
Mob Psycho 100
Yu Yu Hakusho

Favorite movies -
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Zack Snyder's Justice League
HybridSaiyan wrote:Super better nail the fusion right. I don't want to see some gay twirling shit like the Zamasu fusion when they should just smack dicks together and merge.

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:06 am

TheAldella wrote:ON ANOTHER NOTE: I can't get enough of this score now. Hearing all these new tracks take over the stage is a blessing.
Agreed, I´ve been playing the last episode nonstop just to hear all the music tracks again XD
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:08 am

TheAldella wrote:When new ED pls
If the episodes are 69 then ep16-17 should have it if the episodes are 48 then ep13 will have it.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

TheAldella
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheAldella » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:13 am

sintzu wrote:
If the episodes are 69 then ep16-17 should have it if the episodes are 48 then ep13 will have it.
Kickass! Thanks.
Favorite anime -
Mob Psycho 100
Yu Yu Hakusho

Favorite movies -
HybridSaiyan wrote:Super better nail the fusion right. I don't want to see some gay twirling shit like the Zamasu fusion when they should just smack dicks together and merge.

Flame Dragon
Regular

Post by Flame Dragon » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:41 am

Great Episode.

Honestly if Funimation fixes the green tint, this will be a must buy in Blu-Ray.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:42 am

TheAldella wrote:
Hujio wrote:
Let's be sure we're actually trying to contribute something useful to the discussion. Thanks.
UM??????????????????? Wow, way not to catch a question and call someone out. I see you people can't take anything less than actual damn paragraph. I'm asking when people think the second ending song should kick in, smart ass.
Secondly, I'm aware that this is an overreaction.
I really don't understand why people react to this when they're called out for a lazy post.

There's nothing wrong with asking a question; "When do you think we'll see the new ending?". "When new ED pls" is low effort, lacks even a question mark, and is not the type of post that flies on Kanzenshuu. Heck, you've been here longer than me, I doubt you need reminding of these things!

You don't need a paragraph, you just need to type properly. That's all Huijo is getting at and I don't think calling a moderator a 'smart ass' is the best idea in the world.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

TheAldella
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheAldella » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:50 am

AjayLikesGaming wrote:I really don't understand why people react to this when they're called out for a lazy post.

There's nothing wrong with asking a question; "When do you think we'll see the new ending?". "When new ED pls" is low effort, lacks even a question mark, and is not the type of post that flies on Kanzenshuu. Heck, you've been here longer than me, I doubt you need reminding of these things!

You don't need a paragraph, you just need to type properly. That's all Huijo is getting at and I don't think calling a moderator a 'smart ass' is the best idea in the world.
Something low-effort still contributes to the conversation if it's a joke that actually manages to form a topic. If he'd said to try and form a sentence or something next time, it wouldn't have rubbed me the wrong way. You've never heard this type of language used in some form or another, I assume? Maybe I need to go to less shitposting meetings. Regardless, it was simply a bit of a failure on both our parts. I shouldn't have tried something so out-of-left-field.
Favorite anime -
Mob Psycho 100
Yu Yu Hakusho

Favorite movies -

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:52 am

There was no failure on Hujio's part. You left a moderately-incoherent post that does not abide by the Kanzenshuu community standards. You agreed prior to registration to post properly and with purpose.

If it was a joke that failed, that's on you. Even if it was a joke, it doesn't come off as one here: it comes off as someone who just can't type, and your indignant response to being called out on it does not help your case in any way.

Let's return the conversation to its original purpose here (the episode of Kai). Thanks.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:00 pm

kei17 wrote:The music placement was entirely acceptable for the first time. I love the recap track. The edit was good, too, but that filler scene with pterosaurs is obviously unnecessary.

By the way, am I the only one who doesn't like Yuji Mitsuya's performance? He was far better in Z.
Yes, he was a lot better in Z, I think, too.

TheOverlyMadHatter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOverlyMadHatter » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:05 pm

kei17 wrote:By the way, am I the only one who doesn't like Yuji Mitsuya's performance? He was far better in Z.
I had a hard time being able to tell whether he'd reprised his role or if Kaioshin had been recast, actually.

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:10 pm

TheOverlyMadHatter wrote:
kei17 wrote:By the way, am I the only one who doesn't like Yuji Mitsuya's performance? He was far better in Z.
I had a hard time being able to tell whether he'd reprised his role or if Kaioshin had been recast, actually.
I guess he was pissed that his wage was reduced, so he only put half of the effort into his performance!
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

Freeza Soldier #156
Regular

Post by Freeza Soldier #156 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:13 pm

Blade wrote:
TheOverlyMadHatter wrote:
I guess he was pissed that his wage was reduced, so he only put half of the effort into his performance!
I'm pretty sure I remember reading that he had said that he really wanted to reprise the role and wouldn't even mind taking a pay cut to do it.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:17 pm

Freeza Soldier #156 wrote:I'm pretty sure I remember reading that he had said that he really wanted to reprise the role and wouldn't even mind taking a pay cut to do it.
Yes, you remember reading that quote right here on this very website :).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:34 pm

Freeza Soldier #156 wrote:I'm pretty sure I remember reading that he had said that he really wanted to reprise the role and wouldn't even mind taking a pay cut to do it.
Yeah, that's what I was referring to - although in hindsight I perhaps didn't explain it very well.

Maybe it would have made more sense to say 'I guess he was pissed after all that his wage was reduced'. :D
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:43 pm

I'm listening at some little boycotting saying there's censorship on videl vs spopovitch, truthfully I haven't even noticed, everything seems fine, maybe some shots were cut, but that would not exactly be editing, just common nonsensical boycotting i guess
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:30 pm

There was no censorship as far as I could tell.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by kenisu3000 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:36 am

Black_Liger wrote:I'm listening at some little boycotting saying there's censorship on videl vs spopovitch, truthfully I haven't even noticed, everything seems fine, maybe some shots were cut, but that would not exactly be editing, just common nonsensical boycotting i guess
Maybe they're remembering things wrong and are thinking of the censorship from manga to anime. There's a particularly brutal part where Spopovitch grabs Videl by the hair and knees her in the face. In the manga, as he pulls his knee away, one of Videl's teeth falls out. In DBZ, this was "toned down" (but not by much) so that she keeps all her teeth, but the blood coming from her nose and mouth are made even worse, probably so as to not entirely cheapen the "shock" of that blow.

Actually, there's quite a bit of manga-to-anime "cleanup" going on at this point in the story. When Gohan sees the dead family next to Babidi's ship, it's a little different from the manga, where not only is the dead husband also missing a hand (he still has both in the anime... though of course he's, you know, dead), but his wife is missing the entire lower half of her body (where in the anime, her body is turned around 180 degrees so that we don't see her guts hanging out).
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:41 pm

The variety of music in this episode was quite good but it still had those weird misplacements that includes the BGM which as I recall was the one they used for "Son Meets Everyone at the Tenkaichi Tournament for the First Time".

I wish the episodes of the Great Saiyaman arc were more like these ones which are actually entertaining and a breeze to watch, as well as better music.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:39 pm

I still think things move too fast from scene to scene, I mean some scenes are literally on screen for about 2 seconds. But I still do think this episode moved things along nicely, unlike some episodes prior that feel rushed. Also, the new track I'm hearing are pretty cool, this is probably the first episode that I liked.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:10 am

Flame Dragon wrote:Great Episode.

Honestly if Funimation fixes the green tint, this will be a must buy in Blu-ray.
The pace of the Great Saiyaman arc was too fast and it made it barely watchable which is far worse than the green tint you constantly keep bringing it up.

Must buy on Blu-ray? Maybe for the most Kai hardcore fans.

In Dragon Ball Z the Great Saiyaman arc is actually quite entertaining and all around fun to watch but the same can't be said from the Kai version.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray