Manga UK Possibly Picking Up Kai

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

yamipuff

Manga UK Possibly Picking Up Kai

Post by yamipuff » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:53 am

Manga UK tweeted a few moments ago asking if UK Buyers would prefer Dragon Ball Z Kai or Dragon Ball Z on Blu-Ray. Seems like they are finally ready to take the plunge on Kai.

I think it would be worth their while starting with Kai. They only finished releasing the Orange Bricks last year so I feel their customers might get a bit annoyed with a new release so soon. They don't want to get the Funimation name for it :P

I live in the UK, but get already own the Funi Parts for Kai.

Anyone in the UK interested in these releases from Manga UK? Any opinions on which one they should go with first?

Here is a link to to tweet from Manga UK: https://twitter.com/MangaUK/status/480005437329518592

sintzu
Banned

Re: Manga UK Possibly Picking Up Kai

Post by sintzu » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:59 am

They should go with Kai first because it's more diffrent then Z and would make more $$$
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:02 pm

Preferably Kai. I'd rather not have the UK subjected to the Season Blu-rays.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Vegard Aune
Advanced Regular

Post by Vegard Aune » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:10 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:Preferably Kai. I'd rather not have the UK subjected to the Season Blu-rays.
They already got subjected to the Season DVDs though... And for as bad as the BluRays are, at least they don't seem to suffer from disappearing lines. And I for one still think the digital panning seems less terrible than downright center-cropping everything... even if both options are obviously bad and should not have happened.

yamipuff

Post by yamipuff » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:16 pm

Personally I love the Blu-Ray sets, but I would much prefer to see Kai come out first. It has a close to faithful dub and cuts out all the filler that is appealing to new comers. It will also please Manga UK customers as they will be buying a new(ish) show. I do admit I'd rather see UK Customers getting a better version of Dragon Ball Z, but Kai should really come first then maybe the movies on DVD/Blu-Ray. Once they have all that out they can go back to DBZ for Blu-Ray.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:51 am

Interesting. I was expecting them to do the movies first. That would have made more sense. Anyway I was hoping for them to do the Z Blurays before Kai although I'll probably end up buying them both regardless.

Lumos

Post by Lumos » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:12 am

Another vote for Kai. I can't really comment on the DBZ Blu-Rays because they're a release that I've stayed away from but they're not that superior to the Orange Bricks, are they?

Besides, it'd be nice to own a more condensed version and one with a much better English Dub.
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don’t always spoil the good things or make them unimportant.
Homer Simpson wrote:'STEALING! How could you? Why do you think I took you to see all those Police Academy movies, FOR FUN? I DIDN'T HEAR ANYONE LAUGHING, DID YOU?'

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Post by Fizzer » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:23 am

I'm only interested in the blu-rays if corresponding releases of DB and GT come out, and the UK already has Z, so I voted for Kai.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:30 am

Well I'm already importing the new BD's from the U.S. But I will happily collect Kai again if Manga do release. So Kai gets a vote from me.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:24 pm

Overpriced, no slipcovers, yellow coloured subs, Kikuchi score and possibly with inferior quality on PQ/AQ? No thanks.

Then again, the casual UK Dragon Ball fans don't go the extra mile to importing so they'll just suck up and buy whatever Manga releases.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:25 am

Still holding out a faint hope for a UK Dragonbox release. I asked Manga a while back and they didn't rule it out, which is better than a 'no', right?

But yeah, Kai or no Kai - I am willing to wager that we get the season sets eventually too.
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.