New DBZ Osts!

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by kenisu3000 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:21 pm

You know what? Come to think of it, 3 discs is not only pushing it for ALL the BGM in ALL 3 series, it's also impossible. Think about it: the old 5-disc set contained three BGM CDs compiled from the original DB, and the first 200-or-so episodes of Z. Even if this new set filled each disc to its threshold (74 minutes, or a few minutes more, as I've seen some CDs accomplish), it couldn't cover the music from all three series. It's called the DragonBall Z Complete BGM Collection: meaning it's only the BGM from Z.
Makes sense... I mean, three CDs, all filled to the brim, sounds about right for all the Z BGM. Believe it or not, a good 80% or so of the Z music was composed for the movies, so the TV-exclusive BGM should only fill up maybe half a disc. After that, let's say we have two-and-a-half discs to cover the music from movies 1 through 13. Even that is pushing it, and I should know -- I've compiled a documentation of the music in all the Z movies from 1 to 11, and some of the films contain a good half-hour of music. Assuming this new set's going to include all of the pieces that have been previously released.
And then there's the fact of the matter that a *huge* amount of music originally composed for the original DragonBall was used all throughout Z, though in the later sagas, this occurence gets more scarce. This should provoke Toei/Columbia to MAKE SURE they release subsequent sets for DB and GT, respectively.
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:39 pm

Yeah, totally. I had the same thought; if it's *only* music that was composed *exclusively* for DBZ (nothing that was originally in DB) and the movies... they're pushing it, but it's probably possible.

Here's hoping we finally see a DBGT BGM collection, if only for the "DAN DAN..." and "Hitori ja nai" instrumentals ^_~.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by kenisu3000 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:15 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Yeah, totally. I had the same thought; if it's *only* music that was composed *exclusively* for DBZ (nothing that was originally in DB) and the movies... they're pushing it, but it's probably possible.

Here's hoping we finally see a DBGT BGM collection, if only for the "DAN DAN..." and "Hitori ja nai" instrumentals ^_~.
Exactly! Truth is, I'm not too worried that they'll overlook the other two series. I mean, the DragonBox came out *after* the DragonBox Z, right? Once they realize the massive sales this new BGM set will earn them, they're bound to put out the other two BGM sets. I'm REALLY enthused about this! :D:D Can't wait for a DragonBall BGM release - most of my favorite pieces actually come from that series, rather than Z.
To be honest, I think YesAsia is mistaken about it containing all three series' BGM. And CDs are not filled up by the number of tracks, but by the running time: I have a Japanese Legend of Zelda CD that's 78 minutes long, and contains *82* tracks(!)
In any case, I have this to say: PLEASE, no more compilation tracks! They've done this on every BGM CD that's been released so far (except for Ongakushu Vol. 2 and the Movies 10 and 11 soundtracks), and it drives me NUTS to have to wait through like 8 minutes of the Movie 7 music to get to the synthesized chorus piece, just to name one!
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

TheMajinRedComet
Patreon Supporter

Post by TheMajinRedComet » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:51 pm

Do any of you know of it will be the be all end all DBZ theme ost, because I cant decide whether or not to wait and buy this or just finally go out and buy Never Ending Story which I have listened to a friends copy and loved. And do they have a track listing yet?
Hiei: "So tell me - what's it like living in a constant haze of Stupidity?"
Hiei: "I know as much about games as I do puppies and huggs....Wake me up for the end of world"
Welcome to Super Vegeta's Big Bang Attack.... Welcome to Oblivion!!!
Remember "When things get weird, skip the last saga"-Chris Sabat