Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by Low Tone G » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:42 pm

So far I'm not impressed a bit by the movie... I'm not saying it won't be good or whatever, but nothing really impressive.
Last edited by Low Tone G on Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:42 pm

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:I could go on, but I wont...
I think you should vent out all your frustrations about the film for the sake of feeling content with yourself. So by all means, go on. :)

Avenged
Advanced Regular

Post by Avenged » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:42 pm

GokuRules987 wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:
Tunjevina wrote:What facts do you guys like/dislike so far regarding the movie?
+ Goku and Vegeta not turning ssj. Its good for a change.
+ Vegeta's time to shine. Its now or never.
Did you even see the first poster of fukatsu no F and the first teaser?

Goku is super saiyan in that form and i dont see vegeta anywhere. More false hopes, Btw vegeta isnt really that popular in japan among dbz fans so i wouldnt put any hopes on him that he would be the one that defeats Freeza.

That's just early promotion that doesn't show anything from the movie like what was done with Battle of Gods.
Dragon Blog Z - A Dragon Ball Z Community

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:43 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
SSJ God Gogeta wrote: - Togoma IS FUCKING DEAD ALREADY!!!
I would personally label that a "maybe" until the movie comes out.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:43 pm

GokuRules987 wrote:
I don't see vegeta anywhere.

Btw vegeta isn't really that popular in japan among dbz fans.

I wouldn't put any hopes on him that he would be the one that defeats Freeza.
He was in the last trailer UNSCRATCHED while Goku was DEFEATED and looked like he was going to die.

Can you link us the page that you read that on ?

I'm not hoping he defeats Freeza,I know he will.
Last edited by sintzu on Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

ZazamPow
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ZazamPow » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:44 pm

Were you guys really looking forward to Togoma that much? Is he the new Appule?
Kamiccolo9 wrote:I swear, the Gohan fanboys won't be happy unless he just bends over and farts all of Freeza's men into the sun.
fadeddreams5 wrote: Honestly, this would only make me slightly satisfied. To make me happy, he'd also have to grab Freeza by the tail, drag him to the nearest toilet, and give him swirlies until he submits and calls him "daddy."

Gohan deserves it.

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:46 pm

ZazamPow wrote:Were you guys really looking forward to Togoma that much? Is he the new Appule?
I was expecting him to be a Zarbon 10.0. As strong as Son Gohan's and Piccolo's levels, and for him to have a transformation.

ZazamPow
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ZazamPow » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:48 pm

Dyno wrote:
ZazamPow wrote:Were you guys really looking forward to Togoma that much? Is he the new Appule?
I was expecting him to be a Zarbon 10.0. As strong as Son Gohan's and Piccolo's levels, and for him to have a transformation.
As strong as Gohan and Piccolo? There's quite a bit of room in between there.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:I swear, the Gohan fanboys won't be happy unless he just bends over and farts all of Freeza's men into the sun.
fadeddreams5 wrote: Honestly, this would only make me slightly satisfied. To make me happy, he'd also have to grab Freeza by the tail, drag him to the nearest toilet, and give him swirlies until he submits and calls him "daddy."

Gohan deserves it.

bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by bleed0range » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:52 pm

Herms wrote:Right, so I looked back to find the actual scanslation that started this whole "new manga" idea in the first place and here it is. The bit in question:
A special present only available to 15 million early movie viewers
A special complete manga drawn by Akira Toriyama himself named "The Strongest God: Dragon Ball Book of F"
I know it's probably not fair to pick on random internet people who are most likely just trying to do the best translation job they can, but this is so wrong it's actually kind of amazing.

First off, these presents are actually available for only 1.5 million (150万) early viewers, rather than 15 million, so they're off by an order of magnitude. They probably just left out the decimal point by accident, but still, that's incredibly sloppy. Japan's current population is about 126 million, so the idea of them printing up enough copies of these things for well over 10% of the entire country's total population is pretty wild. Especially since they're supposed to be limited-edition "rare treasures". Somebody should have been proofreading this thing, and noticed that "15 million" made no sense in context.

They give the title as "The Strongest God: Dragon Ball Book of F". "The Strongest God" is presumably a mistranslation of 最“神”刊/sai”shin”kan, literally meaning "Godliest Edition" but presumably a pun on 最新刊/saishinkan, “latest edition”. Likewise, "Book of F" is a mistranslation of 巻「F」, "Vol.F", the idea being that since the original manga was divided up into volumes (Vol.1 to Vol.42), then this is Vol.F. I suppose "Book of F" isn't as crazy off the mark as the "15 million" thing or the "Strongest God" thing, but still, 巻 means "volume" rather than "book". They're related concepts, but not interchangeable. You wouldn't call the final volume of the DB manga "Book of 42", after all.

But the big one: the scanslators call it a "complete manga", when in Japanese it's actually never called a manga but rather always called a script. In fact, "complete manga" is probably a mistranslation of 脚本完全収録, "script complete compilation", which is part of the book's actual title. It's true that Toriyama is described as drawing it, and I'm not too sure why, but if it were a manga there'd be no reason for the folks at Shueisha/Toei/etc to not simply call it a manga. Instead they call it a script. It's possible the script contains images of some sort, and maybe it's not a traditional script. I'm certainly curious to learn more details about it. But bottom line is, if it were a manga, they'd call it a manga, but they don't, so presumably it isn't. All signs point to it being some sort of script, along with the "commentary and material from the movie's conceptual stage" mentioned on the official site and blog.

This book sounds so cool. I'm betting it's quick sketches that are similar to a manga but just not finished or complete enough to be able to call it that. Almost like storyboards. I want one of these so bad. If anyone in Japan goes to the movie twice and can get one I'll pay for your movie, shipping and extra for your troubles! Lol. It sounds neat.

Kakarot9001
Banned

Post by Kakarot9001 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:54 pm

GokuRules987 wrote:Image

I would prefer even more Goku with his former DBZ clothes than that one from BoG or this new one from Whis... And man, this teaser make SSJ looks so badass, such a shame that Toriyama wants us to forget about this transformation :cry:

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:55 pm

ZazamPow wrote:As strong as Gohan and Piccolo? There's quite a bit of room in between there.
Yeah... Among them, a little more, a little less... Something for Piccolo and Son Gohan can fight alongside. And Son Gohan retires from fighting always there is piece, so his strength is not the same as he finished Buu saga.

GokuRules987
Banned

Post by GokuRules987 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:56 pm

sintzu wrote:
GokuRules987 wrote:
I don't see vegeta anywhere.

Btw vegeta isn't really that popular in japan among dbz fans.

I wouldn't put any hopes on him that he would be the one that defeats Freeza.
He was in the last trailer UNSCRATCHED while Goku was DEFEATED and looked like he was going to die.

Can you link us the page that you read that on ?

I'm not hoping he defeats Freeza,I know he will.
I didnt see anywhere Goku and Vegeta fighting Frieza together, there was only Goku fighting him and when he got his ass beat, Vegeta showed up only then that's why he was unscratched. Also remember that Goku absorbed godly ki while vegeta didnt so there is no proof that Vegeta surpassed Goku.
Last edited by GokuRules987 on Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Intelligence level is over 9000!!!

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:56 pm

+ Goku and Vegeta training with Whis.
+ Tien and Roshi are going to be throwing down.
+ Beerus and Whis are returning in the film.
+ The animation looks fantastic.
+ Freeza's new form has grown on me and I want to see how he defeats Goku.
+ 2 hour length! Holy crap, yes!!
+ Freeza's return means more Chris Ayers :D
+ The possibility of Vegeta getting his revenge over Freeza in this film.
+ Jaco is in the film.
+ Krillin is a police officer.
+ The Earth blowing up. I really hope that happens.
- Because the film is in 3D I feel like there's going to be some unnecessary animation solely there for the 3D.
- The fucking Pilaf gang... I mean, it's nice to see them and all, but goddamn it, please don't take up a chunk of the film like in Battle of Gods, that was literally one of my few problems with Battle of Gods.
- That Japanese Idol group song, I REALLY hope that song only plays during the credits or a happy ending scene.

Suupaa Gohan 2
Regular

Post by Suupaa Gohan 2 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:58 pm

Marked for deletion.
Last edited by Suupaa Gohan 2 on Wed May 06, 2015 12:10 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Steam Name: SG2
Discord Tag: Esjitu#4064

"I came to save you thanks to a magic bean. And if you think it was easy to find that bean, you're wrong."
--'Big Green' Yajirobe

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:59 pm

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:+ 2 hour length! Holy crap, yes!!.
Was that confirmed?

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:00 pm

Low Tone G wrote:So far I'm not impressed a bit by the movie... I'm not saying it won't be good or whatever, but nothing really impressive.
I think it's mostly because the hype of having a new movie for the first time in 17 years isn't there this time. That, and it's reusing an old character as the main antagonist. But compare the 2nd BOG trailer to the most recent trailer for this one. The latter certainly looks a lot more impressive, and I really like Battle of Gods as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f2V4jmo8L0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0bArxJtSnM
I don't think I've ever seen an unlisted video with so many views. :P
Dyno wrote:
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:+ 2 hour length! Holy crap, yes!!.
Was that confirmed?
No. The 120 minute run-time was most likely a place holder as it was found well before the first trailer was even released. The same site was also off on the release date by a few days as well. The script is said to be 5 volumes long though. I'm not sure what sort of an indication you can use that as, but if I recall correctly, BOG was only 3 volumes long. How much of that will make it into the final film and what sort of run-time that translates to remains to be seen.

I must admit, the 30% increase in pre-release ticket sales is a fascinating stat to me. To think that only 4 years ago we were convinced that Dragon Ball had run itself into the ground and was on its way out or a few years. Didn't take long for it to storm back to the top table. :shock: It's awesome to see that its appeal continues to hold strong, both locally and internationally. To me that truly is a remarkable feat. and the more I think about it, the more fitting Freeza's return seems. When the Manga hit its peak in popularity, who was the main villain at the time? When DBZ broke into the big time in the US, what portion of the series were they up to? Freeza's character may not be well loved by everyone, but I think he sits head and shoulders above the rest as the most iconic villain (except for Vegeta obviously, but does he really count? :P ). I think his return is bound to push some nostalgia buttons.
Last edited by DragonBoxZTheMovies on Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:01 pm

GokuRules987 wrote:
I didnt see anywhere Goku and Vegeta fighting Freeza together, there was only Goku fighting him and when he got his ass beat, Vegeta showed up only then that's why he was unscratched.

Also remember that Goku absorbed godly ki while vegeta didn't

so there is no proof that Vegeta surpassed Goku.
And after he arrives he'll fight and defeat Freeza.

If Vegeta didn't then he wouldn't be training with him and Whis.

Why would Vegeta need to be stronger then Goku to defeat Freeza ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:03 pm

Considering he plays an integral part in the movie happening in the first place, you'd figure he'd have a bigger role in the movie itself. But no. He's get's killed off like any other kind of Freeza army soldier. Which he technically is, but still. He's essentially become Raditz 2.0

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:04 pm

Suupaa Gohan 2 wrote:Golden Freeza. I don't have a problem with the form, necessarily, even if I think it shows a lack of creativity. But why do we need to have Freeza at all? Why can't it be something new? Why do we have to rehash the same thing over and over? I get that Freeza is one of those Names in DragonBall that will fill theater seats, but having him come back from nowhere like this and end up able to rival the strongest characters in the series just feels like asspull to replace the lack of a better idea.
*Stand up and :clap: *

Freeza's return is fan-service. He wouldn't return if Toriyama didn't have listened to Maximum the Hormone's song. Besides being a fan-service, if he dies, it concretizes that Freeza only got back to please a certain amount of fans. Bringing him back is pointless. He has appeared so many times, and it doesn't matter all those times are filler/non-canon/side-story, he appeared in the screen over and over after his death by Trunks' hand and all of those come backs count.

Kakarot9001
Banned

Post by Kakarot9001 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:06 pm

The ultimate life form Cell that deserved to make a return

HAIL TO CELL