Is "Nichiyoubi" actually used in GT?

Help the Kanzenshuu staff beta-test new sections, new website initiatives, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Is "Nichiyoubi" actually used in GT?

Post by SaiyaJedi » Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:53 pm

Hey everyone. As I've been working my way through song lyrics, one of my main goals has been to figure out where an insert song has appeared in the series, so that I can tell people where to look for it. I generally do this before I start, hence my getting Mike / Rachel to compile a list of what inserts were used in the original DB, and where, before I got started on them.

Because of this, however, I've run into a snag with "Nichiyoubi" ("Sunday"), a song by DEEN. It's listed on most DB sites as an insert song for the series, yet I haven't encountered a single person who can tell me where it is in the series. Or, for that matter, if it's used at all.

In fact, what I'm starting to think is that a long time ago, some fans, seeing the song included with "Hitori ja Nai" (the first ending theme to GT) on the band's single, figured that it was automatically an insert song, and away it went. And, as time went on, its mere presence on older sites "proved" that this was the case, etc.

Buuut... Just to be sure, I'd like to ask those of you out there who either have the FUNimation DVDs or have seen the show on I-Channel, whether or not you have seen this song (and if so, where it is). I'm counting on you guys... 'cause I don't have a clue. :?

Thanks in advance to all who can help track down this elusive, so-called "insert" song. :)
Last edited by SaiyaJedi on Tue May 03, 2005 9:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

Dai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai » Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:37 pm

I have no memory of this song, at all. And I've seen GT at least over two times. I'd remember a great song like that.

But, as it would be, my memory often fails me, so there's a pretty big chance I'm wrong.

... That wasn't very helpful, was it? :?

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Is "Nichiyoubi" actually used in GT?

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:42 pm

SaiyaJedi wrote:Because of this, however, I've run into a snag with "Nichiyoubi" ("Sunday"), a song by DEEN. It's listed on most DB sites as an insert song for the series, yet I haven't encountered a single person who can tell me where it is in the series. Or, for that matter, if it's used at all.
If you could get an idea which arc it appears in (Baby, Super 17, Dark Shinron, or 'Lost Episodes'.) I could probably find it for you. As it is I don't own much GT, but I can rent the DVD's fairly easily.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:10 pm

It's not in the series to my memory. I definitely can garuantee that it's not in the Super 17 saga, I just recently re-watched my fansubs of that arc, so you can cross those 6 episodes off at least Julian. I'll keep checking as much as I can. 8)

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:12 pm

Do you have a link to any translated lyrics for this song? I have a few idea's of where to check for it but I'd like to have something to match against.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:22 pm

I think there's a translation for it at www.animelyrics.com, but I don't know how accurate it is.

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:43 pm

My memory is playing tricks on me, the only song I had pop to mind immediately was the one that played at the end of episode 39, and that didn't get subtitled on the DVD.

EDIT: I'm awful at making out song lyrics no matter the language, so I'm not gonna take a guess if this it or not.

EDIT 2: If I made a small audioclip of the song playing, would someone with an ear for this sort of thing be able to determine if it was this particular song?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:55 pm

Just checked out episode 39.

They seem to play the second ending theme, "Don't you see!" DURING the actual episode (around 19 minutes in)... it's also used as the regular ending theme, as well.

So no, at least in this case, it's not "Nichiyoubi."
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:00 am

Heh, thats what I get for almost always skipping the GT closing songs I guess (Haven't listened to any of them more than once) :P

Thanks for solving that EX.

SDHero
Beyond Newbie

Post by SDHero » Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:21 am

I've got all the GT DVDs released so far, and I can't recall them ever using a song outside of the already established opening/endings ANYWHERE in GT.

Which makes sense, as GT just grabbed pre-made J-Pop and created Dragonball animation for it, unlike with Z where since the same team did all the songs, all they had to do was get Hironobu-san over to record some lyrics, whereas in GT to use a song just for an episode or two they'd have to liscence a piece of music just for a couple of episodes. That's expensive, especially when you consider how rapidly GT was driving Dragonball's reputation into the crapper.

veshira
Regular

Re: Is "Nichiyoubi" actually used in GT?

Post by veshira » Tue May 03, 2005 1:51 am

I think it's just a bonus song or something on the CD. I have heard the song, being that I have it on CD, and I've seen (nearly) all the Italian episodes of Dragon Ball GT. They had the original scores in the background and even the original ending credits. I've seen all the episodes up until when that Shenlong of ice (I don't remember his name) made his appearance, so the song would have had to have been somewhere from the episode after that on if it where to be in the show. I'm getting the dvds, so I'll find out then.

I do remember that "Don't You See?" was sort of an insert song. When I say "sort of" I mean when the song starts, it's at the end of the episode, but not quite the credits yet. Other than that, I know of no other insert songs.
What's scarier than a DBZ H-game?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLuBVyPsL5g]Fear the dancing![/url]

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Tue May 03, 2005 3:21 am

Holy shit, the last post was 9 months ago...
SUPER NECRO POST

SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyamanMS » Tue May 03, 2005 4:15 am

Chibi Mystic Gohan wrote:Holy shit, the last post was 9 months ago...
SUPER NECRO POST
Um... I think the point of a sticky is that you CAN'T necropost...

El_Diablo
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by El_Diablo » Tue May 03, 2005 10:07 am

I don't remember hearing it in Blue Water's GT, which used the original music
Where's the beef?

veshira
Regular

Post by veshira » Tue May 03, 2005 10:44 pm

Sorry! I'll try to be more careful. I just thought it was safe because it was right near the top. I know you're not supposed to necropost, and I'm trying hard not to. It's just weird for me here, since there aren't very many topics as I'm used to.
What's scarier than a DBZ H-game?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLuBVyPsL5g]Fear the dancing![/url]

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Tue May 03, 2005 11:10 pm

You don't have to be sorry. 8) This thread is a sticky, meaning it remains at the top and you can post in it anytime.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyamanMS » Wed May 04, 2005 2:31 am

Jerseymilk wrote:You don't have to be sorry. 8) This thread is a sticky, meaning it remains at the top and you can post in it anytime.
Hmm... Well it WAS a sticky... O.o;; it doesn't appear to be sticky anymore...