Would Goku have survived had everyone helped against Raditz?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Angelus
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Would Goku have survived had everyone helped against Raditz?

Post by Angelus » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:31 pm

Only Goku and Piccolo fought Raditz.

But what if Tien, Chiaotzu, Krillin, Yamcha, Yajirobe, Popo, Korin, and Roshi helped out?

Would have Goku survived that encounter or was Piccolo's special beam cannon or tail-grabbing the only hope?

Flopro18
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Would Goku have survived had everyone helped against Rad

Post by Flopro18 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:19 am

Well something amazing would have to happen for them to win. I can't see a way they could win without having some huge sacrifice and I think only Goku could stop Raditz long enough for an attack strong enough to kill him to happen.

singsing
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by singsing » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:10 am

Solar FLARE

what? my eye..

MAKANK... MAKAKAK.. SPECIAL BEAM CANNON

blehc

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:16 am

If Goku had been grabbing Raditz tail, he would have been able to stand to the side and not be hit when Piccolo hits Raditz. He lets go and gets him in a full nelson (sort of... you need to add the neck crank to stand a good chance of submitting someone with this, but fictional martial arts, so...), but with everyone else there, and even weaker people like Krillin being able to disable Raditz by the tail, Goku would've been able to get out of using the nelson, and grab his tail by playing pass the tail. Haha.

On the other hand, when I actually imagine them mobbing Raditz like that, I imagine Goku having second thoughts and going "This isn't right". Goku will team up to fight a strong enemy, but just outright dog piling someone, and getting everyone to manipulate him so they can kill him might be too much for Goku's conscience even if he had the second chance.

So maybe Goku would be MORE likely to be killed this way.

EDIT:
singsing wrote:Solar FLARE

what? my eye..

MAKANK... MAKAKAK.. SPECIAL BEAM CANNON

blehc
This would help too. Depends on just how long it takes to charge. The anime made it seem like Raditz would have easily recovered from a solar flare well before the beam was ready, but that's the anime I suppose. Though for the manga it took some panels too.

If they came up with a plan they could coordinate it if Raditz cockily gives Piccolo a chance to charge it.

Raditz: I'll just dodge it again, you know? But go ahead, waste your time.

Piccolo: NOW KRILLIN!

That would finish Raditz. However, if there were too many people, Raditz might change tack from underestimating them, to just killing everyone as quickly as he could, so it might not go as well in practice.

Would make for a good fanfic battle.

Artyom

Post by Artyom » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:28 am

I always think with these gang up fights that coordination and synchronisation is lost if you attempt a pile on when your opponent can take advantage of the disorder.
I think the vegeta and z fighters fight illustrates this well, if goku,gohan, krillin and yajirobe all attacked at once I think it would have been so disorganised and chaotic that vegeta would've owned the weaker 3 and finished off goku after he became exhausted from kaioken.

But instead they used they're numbers wisely, the fact they didn't fight at once meant that the spectators could do a bit of planning then action it, of course yajirobe's contribution was not planned and simply impulsive but still better than 4 rushing 1.
Fear answers fear, force answers force and hate breeds hate.
Perhaps to break the circle we should answer with love and breed forgiveness.

Diotor
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diotor » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:15 am

I really don't think Yajirobe, Yamcha, Krillin, Chaozu or Roshi would make any difference whatsoever.

Tenshinhan may have helped a little as he's easily the strongest of the remaining fighters. His split form and tri-beam could you useful tactics against Raditz but I'm not sure if they would be enough to really tip the scales against Raditz. What would Tenshinhan max out at this point, 250? 300?

GogesusSSG
Not-So-Newbie

Post by GogesusSSG » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:03 am

Goku got Raditz in a full nelson because; Piccolo asks Goku "Why didn't you grab his tail?" because he says "He can cut it off if he needs to...!" to which Raditz replies "So you knew...". Solar flare would help but baring in mind Piccolo takes a while to charge, which Raditz will pick up on his scouter he may just move a high speed until his vision returns. Tri beam may be able to cause more damage than the Kamehameha and they can wear him down from there or dare I say it that Chiaotzu's selfdestruction actually works hahaha...