Dragon Ball Fan Comic/Manga/Doujinshi Compilation

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

xmysticgohanx
Regular

Re: Could you recommend some good Dragonball fan comics plea

Post by xmysticgohanx » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:09 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Give Young Jijii's AF a read. Yeah it has SSJ5 but it is very solid. The powerful villains have reasons for showing up and why they havent been sense. Not only that but were 14 volumes in and Goku has yet to do a single thing. Everything has been done by the likes of Gohan, Vegeta, Uub, and Gotenks. Even Goten and Trunks fight on their own. It is a very refreshing change of pace from the whole Goku does everything routine.
Can you link it please?
Canon is Jaco, Dragon Ball except for EoZ, Dragon Ball Super anime and manga (both are separate canons)
Kai >>> Z
Current Roshi/Kulilin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SSJ3 Gotenks

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:46 pm

xmysticgohanx wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:Give Young Jijii's AF a read. Yeah it has SSJ5 but it is very solid. The powerful villains have reasons for showing up and why they havent been sense. Not only that but were 14 volumes in and Goku has yet to do a single thing. Everything has been done by the likes of Gohan, Vegeta, Uub, and Gotenks. Even Goten and Trunks fight on their own. It is a very refreshing change of pace from the whole Goku does everything routine.
Can you link it please?
http://dbaf-usa.blogspot.com/

Scroll down to the right, youll see them.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:24 pm

@dbzfan7
I got a chance to read all the stories you recommended! I haven't seen much of Naruto but I still enjoyed Dragonball Shippuden. I've seen some of One Piece so I was a more familiar with those characters. The DC crossover was really great! It was nice that it had a story to it instead of just a death battle scenario where they find each other and start fighting.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:32 pm

Skar wrote:@dbzfan7
I got a chance to read all the stories you recommended! I haven't seen much of Naruto but I still enjoyed Dragonball Shippuden. I've seen some of One Piece so I was a more familiar with those characters. The DC crossover was really great! It was nice that it had a story to it instead of just a death battle scenario where they find each other and start fighting.
Yeah it's heavily focused on Goku and I don't think I need to know of the Naruto to read it. I sure don't know them outside the spoof and I enjoyed myself. The One Piece one was nice, but the DC one is really good so far.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:51 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
Skar wrote:@dbzfan7
Yeah it's heavily focused on Goku and I don't think I need to know of the Naruto to read it. I sure don't know them outside the spoof and I enjoyed myself. The One Piece one was nice, but the DC one is really good so far.
It looks like its been a while since the DC crossover updated. I think the most recent page was uploaded in September. Do you know which version of Superman that was? I've heard some of them would be too strong for Goku so they'd have to choose one of the weaker versions to make it fair.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:18 pm

Skar wrote:It looks like its been a while since the DC crossover updated. I think the most recent page was uploaded in September. Do you know which version of Superman that was? I've heard some of them would be too strong for Goku so they'd have to choose one of the weaker versions to make it fair.
Basically an amped up STAS Superman. So more powerful than the animated series and Justice League versions I believe.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:06 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
Skar wrote:It looks like its been a while since the DC crossover updated. I think the most recent page was uploaded in September. Do you know which version of Superman that was? I've heard some of them would be too strong for Goku so they'd have to choose one of the weaker versions to make it fair.
Basically an amped up STAS Superman. So more powerful than the animated series and Justice League versions I believe.
I see that makes sense. I haven't seen all of Justice League or Superman: TAS. Did he change his costume in those or was the first costume used in the crossover a reference to another version of Superman?

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:28 pm

Skar wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
I see that makes sense. I haven't seen all of Justice League or Superman: TAS. Did he change his costume in those or was the first costume used in the crossover a reference to another version of Superman?
Artistic choice I think...

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:20 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Artistic choice I think...
I see. I finally was able to finish Buttlord GT. It was like you said and not very good. I only read the first few pages before so I thought it would be an epic Invader Zim-style parody. Some of the jokes and references felt outdated but it was made in 2002 so I suppose that's the reason. The author probably didn't expect for it to be known 10 years later.

Little Saiyalings was my favorite parody. I think it's one of the oldest but it felt like Calvin & Hobbes and had more "universal" or "timeless" humor if that makes any sense.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:12 am

Skar wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:Artistic choice I think...
I see. I finally was able to finish Buttlord GT. It was like you said and not very good. I only read the first few pages before so I thought it would be an epic Invader Zim-style parody. Some of the jokes and references felt outdated but it was made in 2002 so I suppose that's the reason. The author probably didn't expect for it to be known 10 years later.

Little Saiyalings was my favorite parody. I think it's one of the oldest but it felt like Calvin & Hobbes and had more "universal" or "timeless" humor if that makes any sense.
I thought so too. Spent 10-15 minutes on buttlord and gave up. It wasn't even stupid funny, just plain stupid. No different then those Gansta Goku Ghetto Garbage.

I saw that one and I did enjoy that comic. It had it's charm and was cute. It was also funny sometimes. I guess my only complaint is it did sometimes feel very plain. Like you could insert anyone series to fill the rolls and archetypes of some characters. Though I guess that's kind of the point.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:09 pm

I found this other fan comic called "Dragonball Legendary".
http://dragonballlegendary.blogspot.com ... oming.html

No offense to the author but this is probably the most uncreative fan comic I've ever seen. This takes every bad sequel cliche and turns the dial up to a trillion. It doesn't help that almost every panel is traced.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:32 pm

Skar wrote:I found this other fan comic called "Dragonball Legendary".
http://dragonballlegendary.blogspot.com ... oming.html

No offense to the author but this is probably the most uncreative fan comic I've ever seen. This takes every bad sequel cliche and turns the dial up to a trillion. It doesn't help that almost every panel is traced.
Yeah that might just be the worst fancomic I've seen for Dragon Ball. It looks bad, the dialogue is poor, and it hits just about every box on the "terrible Dragon Ball sequel" checklist... then adds some new ones.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:41 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
Skar wrote:I see. I finally was able to finish Buttlord GT. It was like you said and not very good. I only read the first few pages before so I thought it would be an epic Invader Zim-style parody. Some of the jokes and references felt outdated but it was made in 2002 so I suppose that's the reason. The author probably didn't expect for it to be known 10 years later.
I thought so too. Spent 10-15 minutes on buttlord and gave up. It wasn't even stupid funny, just plain stupid. No different then those Gansta Goku Ghetto Garbage.
Straight bustas, both of you.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:23 am

Saiga wrote: Yeah that might just be the worst fancomic I've seen for Dragon Ball. It looks bad, the dialogue is poor, and it hits just about every box on the "terrible Dragon Ball sequel" checklist... then adds some new ones.
The second I saw Mystic Goku...I closed the page....Then again I skimmed the whole thing getting irked the more I looked at Cell...and I think SSJ3 Bebi...WTF is this?
Rocketman wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
Skar wrote:I see. I finally was able to finish Buttlord GT. It was like you said and not very good. I only read the first few pages before so I thought it would be an epic Invader Zim-style parody. Some of the jokes and references felt outdated but it was made in 2002 so I suppose that's the reason. The author probably didn't expect for it to be known 10 years later.
Straight bustas, both of you.
Don't make us bust caps in yo ass!

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:36 am

You read the Young Jijii AF yet?
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:41 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:You read the Young Jijii AF yet?
Yeah I wrote about it in an earlier comment:
"I couldn't really get into Young Jiji's AF for the same reason I couldn't enjoy the other GT sequels. I hated GT because to me it didn't feel faithful to the manga and most of the plot and villains were recycled from past sagas and movies. The fan comic sequels seem to follow the same formula. In Young Jiji's AF we have another super powerful relative of Freeza and a set of alternate Shadow Dragons. The GT Shadow Dragon saga was horribly executed and didn't seem possible with what we already knew about the Dragonballs. That's why I wasn't too excited to see it used again in another fan comic. Young Jiji is an amazing artist but the story just seems really uncreative."

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:48 am

Wow just discovered Dragonball Zeta. It was created and also abandoned in 2007. It's also the first DB comic I've seen done entirely in MS Paint.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:58 am

Hilarious. Makes Dragonball Next Gen better by comparison.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:07 pm

Here ya go(DBSJ). MY personal favorite after DBNA

http://sonpauten.deviantart.com/art/Dra ... -133979865

Here's the time period:
The closes thing I could say really is in between Z and Dragonball Online. Like in DBOs continuity in SJ Son Goku and Vegeta left the earth for one final battle in space.

They may return though. Who knows...
At the minute SJ is kind of my own reboot of the series so no Super Saiyan for a while yet. I want to bring back the special aspects of that transformation.
I'm warning you know. There is reference drawings BUT he stops it very on(he even made a joke about it in the description). I believe chapter 3 he stops. So don't throw it away yet. The plot is actually GOOD.

This came out in 2009 I believe. So this predates SSG by quite a lot of years.

I also believe you should check out
http://dragonmanga-showcase.deviantart.com/gallery/
http://db-doujinshi.deviantart.com/gallery/

And my 5th favorite
http://slangh.deviantart.com/art/DBU-Ch ... -176822092

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:35 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:Here ya go(DBSJ). MY personal favorite after DBNA
That was surprisingly good! It's reminiscent of early Dragonball with the humor and the less flashy fighting. When I saw that Namek land I was worried it would have the same generic plot of almost every other GT sequel.
*super power villain lands on Earth*
The Z fighters are all amazed "Mother of Kami! I have never sensed such a power before! Let's go check it out!"
*Z fighters get their asses kicked*
Goku or Vegeta turn SSJ5 or fuse to defeat the villain.
Thanks! I've looked through these before and unfortunately you have to sort through a lot of cliche storylines before you find something unique.
I haven't gotten far yet but the art is great so far! I like that it's a DBZ sequel and ignores GT.