Episode #0012 (05 February 2006)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0012 (05 February 2006)

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:08 am

Episode #0012 (download MP3)
43:56; 64 kbps, mono; 20.1 MB

Episode #0012! VegettoEX, Julian, and Meri give you the latest news on video games and CDs, as well as the history of Bardock's character designs. Did you know that he was jointly designed by Akira Toriyama and Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru? Plus, tons of listener e-mails! Referenced sites: Whee! Go ahead and grab it. Big thanks to godofchaos for hosting the *twelve* episodes, now.

Accidentally recorded myself too low, and Julian too high... but I manually played around with all the levels and tried to even them out. OK, I'm exhausted. Not even adding this to the site, yet :P. Download! Enjoy! *dies*

Have fun!
Last edited by VegettoEX on Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

DBZ MAN
Regular

Post by DBZ MAN » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:21 am

Once again, great podcast! The only thing I could input is that "Hercule" is the Funi dub for Mr. Satan. But i'm sure you just forgot that.

EDIT: I just noticed that the Funi dub seems to be taboo so you know who I am referring to then :lol:

kinoko
Beyond Newbie

Post by kinoko » Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:41 am

As always, great. Your discussion on Bardock and his history was very educational. ^^ I haven't yet seen the TV Special, but hopefully I will soon! T_T

Umm, and thank you very much. I've been reduced to goo right now. Thank you for addressing my e-mail in your podcast! ^^

Yeah, "mushroom." XD I love Julian. :)

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:19 pm

Very cool as always.

kvon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kvon » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:51 pm

I didn't know Sagas' opening was animated in Japan because I always thought that Sagas was U.S. exclusive.

Anyways, another great podcast.
kvon is an alternative name to Kevin

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:09 pm

There we go... the site's all updated, including the all-new, fully-complete "The History of Bardock" page.

The clip from Sagas is also uploaded for laughs :).
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:18 pm

DBZ MAN wrote:Once again, great podcast! The only thing I could input is that "Hercule" is the Funi dub for Mr. Satan. But i'm sure you just forgot that.

EDIT: I just noticed that the Funi dub seems to be taboo so you know who I am referring to then :lol:
Seen the uncut version of the dub? His name is Mister Satan in those, e's only "Hercule" in the edited version and most of the video games.

*downloads the episode*

JAKEMAN
Beyond Newbie

Post by JAKEMAN » Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:54 pm

Another great podcast, I wanted to know what was the music at the end of the podcast, because I havent heard it before and I thought it was really cool.
Last edited by JAKEMAN on Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Remember these things I tell you
*Dragonball GT: The GT Stands for Good Tunes
DS Friend Code

TheMajinRedComet
Patreon Supporter

Post by TheMajinRedComet » Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:58 pm

Great pod cast but you did forget one Feb. release The first Vegeta Saga II/box dvd comes out the 28th.
Hiei: "So tell me - what's it like living in a constant haze of Stupidity?"
Hiei: "I know as much about games as I do puppies and huggs....Wake me up for the end of world"
Welcome to Super Vegeta's Big Bang Attack.... Welcome to Oblivion!!!
Remember "When things get weird, skip the last saga"-Chris Sabat

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:16 pm

Good stuff yet again...and yay, we got to hear Julian sing :D

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:17 pm

VegettoEX wrote:There we go... the site's all updated, including the all-new, fully-complete "The History of Bardock" page.

The clip from Sagas is also uploaded for laughs :).
Yeah! At last! Awesome job with the Bardock page.

Sagas clip doesn't work for me.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:19 pm

JAKEMAN wrote:another great podcast, I wanted to know what was the music at the end of the podcast, because i havent heard it before and i thought it was really cool
Please, please, please... you've been reminded time and time again to type properly. There's absolutely no capitalization in here what-so-ever (OK, so *one* "I" was capitalized...).

The song is the closing theme to DBZ movie 6, "HERO (Kimi ga Hîrô) ".
TheMajinRedComet wrote:Great pod cast but you did forget one Feb. release The first Vegeta Saga II/box dvd comes out the 28th.
Not listed on Z-Store for a February release, and Amazonhas it listed as March 21st.

Looks like we missed a FUNimation DBGT box set, though. Meh :).
Dayspring wrote:Sagas clip doesn't work for me.
I know it works, because I just downloaded it myself and tried it ^_~. Is it that it's not downloading, or that it's not playing? It's encoded as a DivX-5-compatible XviD file... if you've got either DivX or XviD installed, you shouldn't have any issues.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:24 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
Dayspring wrote:Sagas clip doesn't work for me.
I know it works, because I just downloaded it myself and tried it ^_~. Is it that it's not downloading, or that it's not playing? It's encoded as a DivX-5-compatible XviD file... if you've got either DivX or XviD installed, you shouldn't have any issues.
Odd. It downloaded fine, but won't open.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

MultilangDBZ
Beyond Newbie

Post by MultilangDBZ » Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:33 pm

Great stuff.

I too love the Bardock Special, more so than the one on Trunks. I liked how they used the idea of telepathy and being able to see into the future granted to Bardock by one of the aliens. The ending was the best and totally climactic with flashbacks of Goku, especially the one with him and Freeza face to face, which was fitting in every sense of the word.

BTW, why did Julian laugh so much in this podcast? It makes him sound a bit awkward and a little forced. Hope it's not to do with someone's 'pompous' remark in an email mentioned in one of the podcasts - a remark which I disagree with completely.
The analytical enigma. 分析性的不解之谜.

kvon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kvon » Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:04 pm

Hahahaha! (Tears falling). I was quite informed on how BAD the Sagas was, but never like this. Vegeta spinning his head around...priceless.
kvon is an alternative name to Kevin

Silent_Rage

Post by Silent_Rage » Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:33 pm

Great Podcast! :D

You guys got me listening to that Budokai 2 song again. It's great!

To people having problems with the video: The video didn't work for me at first when I played it in Winamp until I played it in Windows Media Player, then it worked fine. You also need the Divx codex installed on your computer aswell.

Goten88gt

Post by Goten88gt » Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:53 pm

Once again, excellent work on Daizenshuu the Podcast episode #12. Thank you for the tidbit on Bardock, I did not know that Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru did some of Toriyama's works. I always wondered if there was another person who could draw like Toriyama. Did Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru design the characters in DragonBall GT?

About the issue with Sagas; wasn't the game cheaper on the GameCube console, than XBOX and PS2? I still play Sagas, but I agree with you three on the issue with how the game was rushed. I have another question, when will the music download page be up? I love the Vegeta video, hahaha, the villian keeps circling around him. :D I am looking forward to Daixenshuu the Podcast episode #13. :)
Japanese: イタズラ好きな 君が 夢を競う ライバルになるのさ

Romanized: Itazura-zuki na kimi ga Yume o kisou raibaru ni naru no sa

English: You, who love mischief, Will become a rival competing for your dream!

DBZ MAN
Regular

Post by DBZ MAN » Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:56 pm

The Bardock design done by Nakatsuru still looks very much like the final Bardock but the wind is blowing on his hair.

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:32 pm

Does anyone else find it ironic that the other series they mentioned of waiting while the hero does their attack were also done by Toei?

SaiyaJedi

Post by SaiyaJedi » Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:49 pm

MultilangDBZ wrote:BTW, why did Julian laugh so much in this podcast? It makes him sound a bit awkward and a little forced. Hope it's not to do with someone's 'pompous' remark in an email mentioned in one of the podcasts - a remark which I disagree with completely.
That was me after a cup of coffee when I really should have been sleeping. That's it, really. If you want me to go for a more Phil Ken Sebben-esque approach next time ("HA-HA! Glowing spky hair!"), I suppose I could try that. :)
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。