What do you want out of the Super Saiyan God form

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

godku23
Beyond Newbie

What do you want out of the Super Saiyan God form

Post by godku23 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:35 am

Be it a mastery over it or progressions of it, how would you like it handled in possible future movies.

EDIT: This is going a bit slow so I'll get it started, if they did touch on this in the new movie, I would like Goku and possibly Vegeta to get a better sense of God form, but not a complete mastery yet. Also whatever Goku did to Beerus' attack explained.

EDIT 2: With some of the responses that I've gotten I've decided to add a little more to the topic; what would you have made god form look like if you wanted it changed at all.
Last edited by godku23 on Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
<(-_-<) (>-_-)> Fu...

^(-_-^) (^-_-)^ sion...

(>-_-)> <(-_-<) HA

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=27729&start=15600#p886966

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Re: What do you want out of the Super Saiyan God form

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:48 pm

I would like to actually see it again, rather than have Goku just be able to access all the power in his base form. I mean, I love the design of SSJG, and it seems a waste to not use it again.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:59 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:I would like to actually see it again, rather than have Goku just be able to access all the power in his base form. I mean, I love the design of SSJG, and it seems a waste to not use it again.
I don't even like Super Saiyan God and I think I'd still prefer to see it again over Goku accessing the power in base. It being a one-time deal would only sit right for me if the same was true for that kind of power.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

SSJ4_Zankuto
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ4_Zankuto » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:39 pm

I want to see Super Saiyan God transformation defeating a villain, which I think no doubt will happen in future DBZ films yet to come. I would like to see the form again.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:47 pm

I really like Gokû's ssjg form. It's adorable and magenta and literally on fire. It's my favorite. I'm anxious to see more of him.

I would want them to have him develop whatever powers come with the form. (That surprise absorption thing he did to Beerus ki blast at the end). I'd also like to see some heat/flame powers, given its fire aura.
Someone on pixiv drew a stylish piece where he's actually shooting out a fire blast.

With Vegeta; still wanting his to be blue. Blue flames are hotter in temp than yellow ones like Gokû's.
Or if they go elemental variety for blue, maybe water or ice power?
Last edited by Chuquita on Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:48 pm

I don't want that form to ever appear again. It looks stupid as ****. And I don't want Ultimate Goku and Ultimate Vegeta to be a thing. This concept runs the risk of alienating casual fans who will not understand why they aren't going SSJ.

What I want is simple: bring back the SSJ transformations, along with SSJ2 and SSJ3. It makes no sense to say they don't grant boosts because he absorbed ****ing god power. To distinguish the all powerful God Goku, give his forms a flaming aura like SSJG.

If this God thing continues, they are going to ruin the franchise for so many people...
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:18 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:I don't want that form to ever appear again. It looks stupid as ****. And I don't want Ultimate Goku and Ultimate Vegeta to be a thing. This concept runs the risk of alienating casual fans who will not understand why they aren't going SSJ.

What I want is simple: bring back the SSJ transformations, along with SSJ2 and SSJ3. It makes no sense to say they don't grant boosts because he absorbed ****ing god power. To distinguish the all powerful God Goku, give his forms a flaming aura like SSJG.

If this God thing continues, they are going to ruin the franchise for so many people...
It does make sense to get rid of SSJ2 and SSJ3. Because the transformations are said to bring out your potential. With SSJ3 bringing out your potential to its limits. If Goku is like 39 billion 995 million in battle power and he is 5 million battle power away from his limit there is no reason to use SSJ3 because all it will do is give you that remaining 5 million. It would make much more sense to just use SSJ as it will give you that 5 million and be the least energy consuming form.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:26 pm

I really want to see Goku master the Super Saiyan God form , and if possible, when mastering the form, Goku's appearance as a Super Saiyan God changes.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:29 pm

Hitiro wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:I don't want that form to ever appear again. It looks stupid as ****. And I don't want Ultimate Goku and Ultimate Vegeta to be a thing. This concept runs the risk of alienating casual fans who will not understand why they aren't going SSJ.

It does make sense to get rid of SSJ2 and SSJ3. Because the transformations are said to bring out your potential. With SSJ3 bringing out your potential to its limits. If Goku is like 39 billion 995 million in battle power and he is 5 million battle power away from his limit there is no reason to use SSJ3 because all it will do is give you that remaining 5 million. It would make much more sense to just use SSJ as it will give you that 5 million and be the least energy consuming form.
Was it ever stated pre-BoG that a SSJ transfornation brings out your potential? I was under the impression that it simply multiplies your base power by a certain amount. No if, ands, or buts.

By what you are telling me, SSJG Goku is basically "capped out*. So he can't get any stronger than that? If he can, then he hasn't hit his full potential!
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:50 pm

Saiga wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:I would like to actually see it again, rather than have Goku just be able to access all the power in his base form. I mean, I love the design of SSJG, and it seems a waste to not use it again.
I don't even like Super Saiyan God and I think I'd still prefer to see it again over Goku accessing the power in base. It being a one-time deal would only sit right for me if the same was true for that kind of power.
This. Why bother even having a Super Saiyan God form if it's just gonna disappear as quickly as it came.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:23 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:Was it ever stated pre-BoG that a SSJ transfornation brings out your potential? I was under the impression that it simply multiplies your base power by a certain amount. No if, ands, or buts.

By what you are telling me, SSJG Goku is basically "capped out*. So he can't get any stronger than that? If he can, then he hasn't hit his full potential!
The Daizenshuu states that SSJ3 draws on a Saiyan's potential to the limit. What I'm saying is SSJG has brought out a lot of Goku's power. Thus, it would be insufficient for him to use forms that don't provide the benefit they once did as the negatives would outweigh the positives. Earlier I was just giving a very unrealistic example. But it could be possible that Goku is something like Goku's limit is his current battle power x51. In which case is it really necessary for Goku to go SSJ2 to get that extra x1?

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:30 am

Better design would be nice. Even bald head with no eyebrows is better than what we currently have. :P