Shenron has two or three wishes?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Shenron has two or three wishes?

Post by Sandubadear » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:37 pm

Me and my friend have been arguing for a few days on how many wishes Shenron can grant.

Is it three wishes, but it gets reduced to two if they wish for mass revivals, or simply two no matter the wish? I may be wrong, but Dende says he could upgrade Shenron to three wishes but could only revive one person, or two wishes with mass revivals.

What is the correct one?
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Doctor.
Banned

Re: Shenron has two or three wishes?

Post by Doctor. » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:19 pm

Ever since Dende became God, Shenlong is able to grant three wishes, but he can only grant 2 if one is a mass revival, as it takes away too much of his power.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:20 pm

That's what I keep saying to him, but he says "In every language's dub and in the manga, every time Shenron is summoned after Dende revives him and changes his abilities, he immediately offers two wishes and two wishes only, all before even knowing what any of the wishes will be." and "At no point anywhere does Shenron ever offer three wishes except the English dub of Fusion Reborn, and that's because it was an error."

I have never seen the manga, and neither any dub besides the Brazilian dub (which simply says "What are your wishes?" without saying how many there are), so I can't say if he's right or not.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:28 pm

Sandubadear wrote:That's what I keep saying to him, but he says "In every language's dub and in the manga, every time Shenron is summoned after Dende revives him and changes his abilities, he immediately offers two wishes and two wishes only, all before even knowing what any of the wishes will be." and "At no point anywhere does Shenron ever offer three wishes except the English dub of Fusion Reborn, and that's because it was an error."

I have never seen the manga, and neither any dub besides the Brazilian dub (which simply says "What are your wishes?" without saying how many there are), so I can't say if he's right or not.
Two scanlations, both say the same thing.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:30 pm

Thanks. I'll win the argument now :D

--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖