Which DVD player is cheap and de-interlace signals?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:18 am

Shanghai Knights has a bunch of nekkid people coming down Big Ben?! :shock: I gotta see that! :D
Wait: are they good-looking nekkid people or Owen Wilson+co? :?

And yes, I know I described Liam's accent wrong. That's where the mystery comes in: Didn't he always come off as COCKY? Yet he has a COCKneY accent and lives in Liverpool? COINCIDENCE?! I SAY NAY!!!!!
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Wed Mar 31, 2004 2:01 pm

Dayspring wrote:"Oi, luv! It's all blimey good! Scones and ale, eh?!"
"Mate" is more likely that "luv".

"It's all bloody good." or "It's bloody good."

"Ale" is a northern thing. And most people would just say "pint".

And I rarely, if ever, eat scones.

And, damnit, Dayspring is right. I am actually from London. I hate him.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:42 pm

We all hate him Psy, and yet, he never goes away. He's like dryer lint. :D Besides even if you're originally from London, I'm betting you're not Cockney, so there Dayspring! And Shanghai Knights doesn't actually have naked people going down Big Ben, it just has Jackie Chan and Owen Wilson, dressed, but it's still a dang good movie, so you should see it anyway. 8)
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Mugenmidget
Regular

Post by Mugenmidget » Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:27 pm

PsyLiam wrote:Who's player? It's not just one or two, it's a large percentage of them.

And I don't get how it can be illegal. That makes as much sense as saying that buying clothes from France and wearing them in the US is illegal.
I really don't understand how it is illegal either. I mean, contraband usually has a good reason to be contraband (not always but usually,) and so this is sort of the same deal. It is so easy to import DVDs yet the MPAA tries to restrict this through lawsuits.

I guess the people like APEX who hide these methods are just scared of a punishment that probably can't fall upon them.