In Need of some suggestions

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ulisa
Beyond Newbie

In Need of some suggestions

Post by ulisa » Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:13 am

I just recently became interested in making music videos, I made a handful of non-DBZ music videos before hand and only have one DBZ video done to date but I'm working on some more. It's these new videos I'm hoping to get some tips on.

First off, I'm a major Gohan-Goku fan so I'd love to do a video on their relationship with a different twist to it. I have a few songs in mind, one such being "Beautiful Boy" and one being "He's My Son." "He's My Son" is one I'm leaning towards but the lyrics make it a little harder to work with as it's written from a father's point of view on a sick son. I think it might be doable though... When you run into that problem, do you try to get the basic mood of the song, even if certain lyrics don't seem to fit? How do you all handle that problem?

I may also think of tackling a video on Gohan's relationship with Kuririn. I haven't really seen much on that. Do you think there's enough footage to pull that off? I have most of the series but unfortunately am missing the episodes of the Namek saga...

Ulisa:)
We truly begin to live when we find something we're willing to die for

Panda
Beyond Newbie

Post by Panda » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:30 pm

You make it fit.

I don't make videos but I know what I like about them (if it helps any):

I think you could potentially make the whole 'sick son' thing to twist into powerful son type deal. Maybe make ti look like he's sick as in he's different and maybe Goku needs to cope with that because in the end it's his fault...

I'd also consider being original. Goku-Gohan videos are common but like you said Kuririn-Gohan ones arent. It may be harder to pull off but in the end which one would you jump to see first? (Also, Goku-Kuririn opnes aren't as common either but are still very good, just a possiblity)

Good Luck with your videos, I hope my comments help you somehow.
Just remember, everytime something bad is happening to you. Something even worse is happening to someone else.