"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RedHeat
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by RedHeat » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:55 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Funny how Kale literally hasn't changed anything, good ol Bandai are still marketing OG Broly just like they been doing prior to this arc. Kale hasn't changed a thing, in fact these Saiyan's haven't really changed much either all still Goku and Vegeta driving the merchandising.

And that brings me onto the next point this silly misconception that Broly only popular overseas in the west. There's a set of figures coming out this week in Japan... 2 Vegeta's a Zen-Oh and a.... Broly. Why? They literally have a plethora of chars from this arc alone to pick from including Ms. Homage gone wrong AKA Kale but still OG Broly... And in November he gets another figure under the DBS brand... Sigh.

It feels like Broly has been the 3rd most marketed character since DBS started after Goku and Vegeta... And some people think he's only a problem in the west...
That's a strawman. Of course characters that've been introduced only a few months ago aren't going to replace icons that have been around for decades.
Feels over Reals.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:01 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Funny how Kale literally hasn't changed anything, good ol Bandai are still marketing OG Broly just like they been doing prior to this arc. Kale hasn't changed a thing, in fact these Saiyan's haven't really changed much either all still Goku and Vegeta driving the merchandising.

And that brings me onto the next point this silly misconception that Broly only popular overseas in the west. There's a set of figures coming out this week in Japan... 2 Vegeta's a Zen-Oh and a.... Broly. Why? They literally have a plethora of chars from this arc alone to pick from including Ms. Homage gone wrong AKA Kale but still OG Broly... And in November he gets another figure under the DBS brand... Sigh.

It feels like Broly has been the 3rd most marketed character since DBS started after Goku and Vegeta... And some people think he's only a problem in the west...
Caulifla is getting this, along with Brianne.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:05 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:People be arguing about how them fusing makes sense vs doesnt make sense and I'm here concerned about how they'll look like when fused, to be precise their top, I mean if its the fusion dance then what the hell happens to the top? anime/drawing or not there are parts that needs to be properly covered for the kids.
It's a turtle neck..
Those are always in fashion
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:07 pm

RedHeat wrote:

That's a strawman. Of course characters that've been introduced only a few months ago aren't going to replace icons that have been around for decades.
For Goku & Vegeta agreed but Broly hasn't been relevant in a long time and wouldnt call him an icon but my main point is I still see people still like to blame the west for Broly's popularity. He's popular period for some reason.
perucho1990 wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Yes she's getting some stickers... She's not exactly been marketed all over the place unlike Jiren now is she?

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:13 pm

Probably because they didnt expect Caulifla to become popular, Kale became popular but not to the level they were expecting imo.

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:21 pm

I dont think these writers are clever enough to have he femsayains learn it from universe 6 metamorians. Either they'll randomly fuse ot Goku'll teach them.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:28 pm

Toriyama was playing DB Fusions and thought Karoly was cool and he had to do a canon and r63 version of him, I'm sure that's why Kefla is a thing now.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:33 pm

perucho1990 wrote:

They also have their Very Own Dragon Ball Heroes Cards All 3 of the Girls!

Brianne/Ribrianne already has 3 different cards for her and I got one of each so Far! :mrgreen:

I am putting together a Brianne/Ribrianne Collection so I want to get that Sticker as well!
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:38 pm

Well we know Zen-Oh's let items slide befor as long as their not weapons or healing items. Maybe Champa will force Fuwa to throw his earrings to them.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:43 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:Well we know Zen-Oh's let items slide befor as long as their not weapons or healing items. Maybe Champa will force Fuwa to throw his earrings to them.
True, like how Helles, and Kakunza were helping Brianne to powerup from the stands.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:53 pm

Would be funny (and could fit Dragon Ball) if the fusion of the girls is topless and they tell Goku, who is indifferent, to lend them his blue shirt. This could be a funny little gag but I can't see it happening.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:58 pm

So what are the bets on the new Super Warrior. Will she....

A) Change the balance of power in the ToP.

B) Give a good showing but then defuse.

C) All talk before a stunning display of stupidity.

D) Beaten by Goku and Co.

E) Beaten by another warrior in the ToP.

F) Curbstomped by Jiren.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:59 pm

emperior wrote:Would be funny (and could fit Dragon Ball) if the fusion of the girls is topless and they tell Goku, who is indifferent, to lend them his blue shirt. This could be a funny little gag but I can't see it happening.
Whatever it takes to get shirtless Goku.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:59 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:So what are the bets on the new Super Warrior. Will she....

F) Curbstomped by Jiren.
G) A total waste of everyones time..

And that's my choice, C works too
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:02 pm

Ki Breaker wrote: G) A total waste of everyones time..

I think your G and my C are one ad the same.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:04 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: G) A total waste of everyones time..

I think your G and my C are one ad the same.
My G simply clarifies their reason of existence further.. :)
It also takes into consideration real world time, I don't normally do this but I would seriously rather clean those dishes pushed under the sink for ages than give entire half an hour of my day to this shit..

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:07 pm

A) Change the balance of power in the ToP. 1%

B) Give a good showing but then defuse. 60%

C) All talk before a stunning display of stupidity. 4%

D) Beaten by Goku and Co. 25%

E) Beaten by another warrior in the ToP. 5%

F) Curbstomped by Jiren. 5%
Put my percentages.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:13 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:Well we know Zen-Oh's let items slide befor as long as their not weapons or healing items. Maybe Champa will force Fuwa to throw his earrings to them.
True, like how Helles, and Kakunza were helping Brianne to powerup from the stands.
Then after Kale and Caulifla are knocked out the earrings can be thrown to the Namekians so they can fuse. :thumbup:

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:15 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote: Then when Kale and Caulifla are knocked out the earrings will then be thrown to the Namekians. :thumbup:
Dude Trunks ain't Dragonball's symbol of hope anymore, it's you..

The ways you come up with to make the namekians matter more is absurd, it's quiet amazing too really :D
Last edited by Ki Breaker on Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:17 pm

F) Curbstomped by Jiren.
B and C