"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Jigurashi » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:59 am

My guess is Jiren will still be around but they will simply focus on other characters after 111.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:59 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
They are not going to fight through all these episodes. Once a fight like this starts they will focus on it.
If it's just Hit buying time they don't need to focus on it.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:01 am

HeroR wrote:
Chuquita wrote:
This is true. 3 or 4 Tomioka episodes in a row usually does mean the end of the arc. I didn't pick up on Toshio signaling it probably wasn't the end at the time.

I low key worry about why this arc is dragging. Are they just trying out a yearly arc format ala Precure? Is Toriyama getting bored again so they're stalling for time?
I'd think a more plot heavy arc would be more worthy of getting an entire year of episodes; not a tournament. Did they bite off more than they could chew?

At least I won't feel bad if I miss it live after daylight savings time swaps in early November.
Most of the dragging, Imo, happened in the recruitment episodes. The tournament for the most part isn't really dragged given the scale. Also, this arc is bringing in elements from all the previous, including Resurrection 'F' that people wrote off as 'filler'. Overall, this arc seems like a turning point for Super much like how the Namek/Freeza Saga was turning point back in its day.
Agreed. It's not a bad arc, I've just become so accustomed to getting 13 to 15 episode arcs from this series that having one that lasts what may be an entire year is a bit much for me. I think I would like this arc more if it were the same length as the other arcs are. It doesn't help that I think I can see the ending coming a mile away (somebody uses the wish to wish everyone back who was erased by the Omni Kings) and I kind of hope the ending isn't as obviously choreographed as that.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:02 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:Hmmm, going just by the scant information we have available here, it seems that Jiren is either eliminated or beaten into retreat some time between 111 and 112. I can't see Goku mucking around with Universe 3 and the girls for two episodes if Jiren's still kicking around. Hit or Goku might tag team him again or Hit makes a sacrifice play for a double KO.

114 sounds like either Kale or Caulifla is going to get a new transformation thanks to being pressured by Goku. If that's the case we might see either SS3 Caulifla like Goku predicted would happen last time, or maybe LSS3 Kale. I'd love that even though I know it'll open up a salt factory. :lol:

Toshio said he wrote 112 and 115. 112 appears to be Cabba-focused and Kale and Caulifla don't seem to come into focus until 113, so I'd wager that 115 is the Kale/Caulifla episode he's so pleased with.
115 might be more about Caulifla than Kale.

100 and 101 were mostly about Kale, 112 will be about Cabba and developing his bond with Vegeta.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:05 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
They are not going to fight through all these episodes. Once a fight like this starts they will focus on it.
If it's just Hit buying time they don't need to focus on it.
Buying time for what it can't be Goku if the Universe 6 Saiyans are going after him.
perucho1990 wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:Hmmm, going just by the scant information we have available here, it seems that Jiren is either eliminated or beaten into retreat some time between 111 and 112. I can't see Goku mucking around with Universe 3 and the girls for two episodes if Jiren's still kicking around. Hit or Goku might tag team him again or Hit makes a sacrifice play for a double KO.

114 sounds like either Kale or Caulifla is going to get a new transformation thanks to being pressured by Goku. If that's the case we might see either SS3 Caulifla like Goku predicted would happen last time, or maybe LSS3 Kale. I'd love that even though I know it'll open up a salt factory. :lol:

Toshio said he wrote 112 and 115. 112 appears to be Cabba-focused and Kale and Caulifla don't seem to come into focus until 113, so I'd wager that 115 is the Kale/Caulifla episode he's so pleased with.
115 might be more about Caulifla than Kale.

100 and 101 were mostly about Kale, 112 will be about Cabba and developing his bond with Vegeta.
Even though Vegeta should just eliminate Cabba while Goku should have eliminated the other 2. They are just dragging out these Saiyans for too long.
Last edited by namekiansaiyan on Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:07 am

Chuquita wrote:
Agreed. It's not a bad arc, I've just become so accustomed to getting 13 to 15 episode arcs from this series that having one that lasts what may be an entire year is a bit much for me. I think I would like this arc more if it were the same length as the other arcs are. It doesn't help that I think I can see the ending coming a mile away (somebody uses the wish to wish everyone back who was erased by the Omni Kings) and I kind of hope the ending isn't as obviously choreographed as that.
I think Super taught us that we shouldn't just assumed how things end. Like, did people honestly thought the Future Trunks Saga would end with the entire timeline being nuked and everyone except Trunks and Mai erased? Most people guessed the Super Dragon Balls would fixed everything or the timeline would be nuked, but all the survivors would moved to the present timeline.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:11 am

Chuquita wrote: Agreed. It's not a bad arc, I've just become so accustomed to getting 13 to 15 episode arcs from this series that having one that lasts what may be an entire year is a bit much for me. I think I would like this arc more if it were the same length as the other arcs are. It doesn't help that I think I can see the ending coming a mile away (somebody uses the wish to wish everyone back who was erased by the Omni Kings) and I kind of hope the ending isn't as obviously choreographed as that.

Tournament arcs for me are always about the individual fights more than the endings anyways. I've never been a particularly big fan of Tournaments despite them being such a staple of Shounen action. That being said I do find a lot to enjoy about this arc. My favorite aspect is seeing characters interaction/team work that we normally wouldn't get (although there seems less of that in these upcoming episodes which is a bit disappointing to me).

But I would be lying if I am not already thinking what type of arc is after this and hoping we leave tournaments behind for a bit.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:19 am

I'm glad they're playing more with the pupil master role with Vegeta/Cabba and Goku/Caulifla... Just a shame Fukishima is writing the Goku/Caulifla episode... /:

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:23 am

Lol so I'm just now processing the spoilers for 111. Hitto allows Jiren to take the offensive and likely be on the winning end of the fight, and Tokitobashi does jackshit to him? Lol. I wonder what Hitto plans to do.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:26 am

Looks like U6 may be on their way to being eliminated with all this focus on them in the coming episodes... :think: and what’s this “Birth of a New Super Warrior”? Hmm...

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:37 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I'm glad they're playing more with the pupil master role with Vegeta/Cabba and Goku/Caulifla... Just a shame Fukishima is writing the Goku/Caulifla episode... /:
What so bad about him?
Happy Toshio is writing episode 112

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:38 am

pacz360 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I'm glad they're playing more with the pupil master role with Vegeta/Cabba and Goku/Caulifla... Just a shame Fukishima is writing the Goku/Caulifla episode... /:
What so bad about him?
Some have issues with how he wrote Episode 101 and how handled Tien's elimination in Episode 106.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:39 am

Finally got the full version of the upcoming ED, it is so damn kickass, now to wait for the visuals this coming special!

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:42 am

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:Looks like U6 may be on their way to being eliminated with all this focus on them in the coming episodes... :think: and what’s this “Birth of a New Super Warrior”? Hmm...
Probably another BS Kale/Caulifla transformation
How i predict the tournament will end:

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:46 am

TheOne wrote:
TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:Looks like U6 may be on their way to being eliminated with all this focus on them in the coming episodes... :think: and what’s this “Birth of a New Super Warrior”? Hmm...
Or they fuse... Kalia/Caule/Kalifa etc, pick your poison.
Last edited by SansrivaaL on Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:46 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Even though Vegeta should just eliminate Cabba while Goku should have eliminated the other 2. They are just dragging out these Saiyans for too long.
In the case the Namekians survive the TV Special, pray they dont appear in episode 114 because they(and piccolo) will be treated as jokes given that he hates them(Look at how he treated Piccolo and Tien in episode 106)
TheOne wrote:
Yeah, see how he never explained how Kale controlled Berserker form, this man should be sent to write Teen Titans Go episodes.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:52 am

perucho1990 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
In the case the Namekians survive the TV Special, pray they dont appear in episode 114 because they(and piccolo) will be treated as jokes given that he hates them(Look at how he treated Piccolo and Tien in episode 106)
I seriously don't know how what I said is releated to what you just wrote.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:56 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
I seriously don't know how what I said is releated to what you just wrote.
Because if a character isn't treated well in an episode, it's because the writer hates them. Nothing about the actual director.
Kanassa wrote:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:58 am

pacz360 wrote:
What so bad about him?
He's not that good of a writer, easily DBS weakest that said he has been part of some decent episodes so not all hope is lost, average is probably the best he's been. For example he was responsible for Kale's debut while simultaneously Goku going to Hell to talk to Freeza , Freeza thing was handled fairly well but the Kale/U6 Saiyans part was absolutely dreadful.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:03 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
pacz360 wrote:
What so bad about him?
He's not that good of a writer, easily DBS weakest that said he has been part of some decent episodes so not all hope is lost, average is probably the best he's been. For example he was responsible for Kale's debut while simultaneously Goku going to Hell to talk to Freeza , Freeza thing was handled fairly well but the Kale/U6 Saiyans part was absolutely dreadful.
That is kind of overdoing it. It wasn't dreadful by any means. Couldn't it been written better? Maybe. But dreadful is going over. And just calling Goku going to Hell to talk to Freeza 'fairly well' is underplay since people thought it was brilliantly written.
Kanassa wrote: