"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:58 pm

PMD wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I'm glad they're playing more with the pupil master role with Vegeta/Cabba and Goku/Caulifla... Just a shame Fukishima is writing the Goku/Caulifla episode... /:
Ajay said in his Youtube channel he's pretty bad writing, and you can't tell why since they're hinting us Goku will gain stamina from fightin (?????). Since when zenkai works like that with saiyajins? Am I missing something?
That has nothing to do with his writing since stuff like that would be in the script approved by the director.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:04 pm

I hope 112, 113, 114 and 115 all connect to the larger story and aren't just episodic stories. We're supposed to be in the climax now, I want everything to connect.
Hopefully we see some more of Gohan, Piccolo, 17, 18 and Freeza as well as the U6 Namekians soon.

PMD
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PMD » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:12 pm

HeroR wrote:
PMD wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I'm glad they're playing more with the pupil master role with Vegeta/Cabba and Goku/Caulifla... Just a shame Fukishima is writing the Goku/Caulifla episode... /:
Ajay said in his Youtube channel he's pretty bad writing, and you can't tell why since they're hinting us Goku will gain stamina from fightin (?????). Since when zenkai works like that with saiyajins? Am I missing something?
That has nothing to do with his writing since stuff like that would be in the script approved by the director.
Nothing to do? Like literally nothing to do? It can't be that different from a regular series writing staff, and if that's the case, I understand. But if it's like any series writers staff, yes, it has a lot to do.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:16 pm

PMD wrote:
Nothing to do? Like literally nothing to do? It can't be that different from a regular series writing staff, and if that's the case, I understand. But if it's like any series writers staff, yes, it has a lot to do.
The director of the series decides what happens in each episode and how it happens. The writer puts everything together. So Goku regaining his strength through fighting would be in the script and not decided by an individual writer.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:25 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:I hope 112, 113, 114 and 115 all connect to the larger story and aren't just episodic stories. We're supposed to be in the climax now, I want everything to connect.
Hopefully we see some more of Gohan, Piccolo, 17, 18 and Freeza as well as the U6 Namekians soon.
Given that each ED is like 11-12 episodes long I think right? This saga very likely could go on until like 120-121.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:26 pm

Yeah it is kinda off that Goku's regaining his stamina while fighting... are Kale and Cauli that weak :lol: either that or the summaries are playin us again.

Glen300

Post by Glen300 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:38 pm

People are already crapping on the upcoming episodes :lol:. To be fair some thought the Roshi episode would be boring but it was entertaining to me at least.

PMD
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PMD » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:47 pm

Glen300 wrote:People are already crapping on the upcoming episodes :lol:.
Yeah, that's why we can't have nice things. This DB fandom man...

King Jacku
Beyond Newbie

Post by King Jacku » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:49 pm

What the heck are the other U7 characters doing? Also I find it odd why Jiren won't just instantly ring Goku out? I mean, even if Hit stops him, Jiren could knock Hit out with like no effort..

I can't wait to see the new ending, I think we're going to see who the last fighters are going to be in the visuals.

nitemare
Not-So-Newbie

Post by nitemare » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:57 pm

People shouldn't put too much stock on these previews. Most seem to be a bit misleading or even inaccurate which contributes to a fake hype and disappointment later when an episode actually airs :(

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:58 pm

Glen300 wrote:People are already crapping on the upcoming episodes :lol:. To be fair some thought the Roshi episode would be boring but it was entertaining to me at least.
I always knew Roshi would be good but we know about the Saiyans and we know it will be filled with nonsense.
King Jacku wrote:What the heck are the other U7 characters doing? Also I find it odd why Jiren won't just instantly ring Goku out? I mean, even if Hit stops him, Jiren could knock Hit out with like no effort..

I can't wait to see the new ending, I think we're going to see who the last fighters are going to be in the visuals.
The new ending might not reveal that as these spoilers already cover half the total run of the new ending. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see the Namekians or the Bugs again in the new ending.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:00 pm

King Jacku wrote:What the heck are the other U7 characters doing? Also I find it odd why Jiren won't just instantly ring Goku out? I mean, even if Hit stops him, Jiren could knock Hit out with like no effort..

how bout we see who outlast who in the show instead of another ending theory shitfest

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:31 pm

pacz360 wrote:

how bout we see who outlast who in the show instead of another ending theory shitfest
No that would be too easy and logical.

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:31 pm

Glen300 wrote:People are already crapping on the upcoming episodes :lol:. To be fair some thought the Roshi episode would be boring but it was entertaining to me at least.
I was interested in the Roshi episode from the initial spoilers /shrug. I'm hoping there's more to 112-114 than they're letting on cause right now they're whatever.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:31 pm

nitemare wrote:People shouldn't put too much stock on these previews. Most seem to be a bit misleading or even inaccurate which contributes to a fake hype and disappointment later when an episode actually airs :(
It's why I'm putting more stock into the NEP's than the spoilers, despite the NEP's not encompassing everything in an episode, I find them somewhat more reliable to talk about and my guesses about.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:05 pm

Jigurashi wrote:
nitemare wrote:People shouldn't put too much stock on these previews. Most seem to be a bit misleading or even inaccurate which contributes to a fake hype and disappointment later when an episode actually airs :(
It's why I'm putting more stock into the NEP's than the spoilers, despite the NEP's not encompassing everything in an episode, I find them somewhat more reliable to talk about and my guesses about.
I wonder about some of the mix-ups the episode summaries have stated, like that Goku vs. Jimeze fight that never happened. Is there just some kind of miscommunication that causes these things?

There's usually a second set of these previews and you can at least get a sense of what the episodes will be about based on the information that they share in common. Of course that can also lead to things like Krillin the Killer. :lol:

Jaden
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Jaden » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:05 pm

So how is it that the U6 Namekians have not been seen yet? The arena is not that big ..Are they hiding behind one of the rocks? :D
You'd think that those who remained have at least seen all the other fighters by now.
This doesn't make much sense. DB for ya.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:06 pm

I lack much interest in the U6 Saiyans barring Cabba. Maybe the animation teams over at Toei enjoy writing for them in the episodes, but there's still so many characters they could be laying the foundation to build upon instead of trudging them back up again. Hopefully the next time they're seen will be their last for the arc. Goku is already going to be front and centre, again.. It's gotten to a point where I feel like Toei shouldn't be faulting anyone except themselves and perhaps Toriyama for over-inflating the promotional imagery and placement of the other characters. Giving constant oversaturated Goku based content is not going to make everyone become endeared to him. It's just repetitive. Sure, he's the protagonist but he doesn't need to be in 80-90% of the fights; even Baba's tournament afforded more leeway for others than the ToP seems to.

I'm mostly interested in the aftermath of the Jiren fight and Hit's involvement. If his time for elimination is coming then Team Universe 6 will have lost their best man. With the U6 Saiyans in the crossfire next, it could spell doom for all of them. Funny enough, that would leave the Namekians to hold back the tide of defeat for U6 all by themselves.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:10 pm

Jaden wrote:So how is it that the U6 Namekians have not been seen yet? The arena is not that big ..Are they hiding behind one of the rocks? :D
You'd think that those who remained have at least seen all the other fighters by now.
This doesn't make much sense. DB for ya.
They are probably meditating on top of the time pole.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:14 pm

Lionel wrote:I lack much interest in the U6 Saiyans barring Cabba. Maybe the animation teams over at Toei enjoy writing for them in the episodes, but there's still so many characters they could be laying the foundation to build upon instead of trudging them back up again. Hopefully the next time they're seen will be their last for the arc. Goku is already going to be front and centre, again.. It's gotten to a point where I feel like Toei shouldn't be faulting anyone except themselves and perhaps Toriyama for over-inflating the promotional imagery and placement of the other characters. Giving constant oversaturated Goku based content is not going to make everyone become endeared to him. It's just repetitive. Sure, he's the protagonist but he doesn't need to be in 80-90% of the fights; even Baba's tournament afforded more leeway for others than the ToP seems to.

I'm mostly interested in the aftermath of the Jiren fight and Hit's involvement. If his time for elimination is coming then Team Universe 6 will have lost their best man. With the U6 Saiyans in the crossfire next, it could spell doom for all of them. Funny enough, that would leave the Namekians to hold back the tide of defeat for U6 all by themselves.
Eh I think you're exaggerating. Baba's tournament could have done that, but that gets thrown out the window when Kuririn and Yamcha are taken out early so that Goku is front and center clearing the rest of the opponents.

I agree though. Goku doesn't need to be present in every episode, so I'm going to be cherishing episodes 111 and 112 where his role is supposedly very limited. At the same time, I don't have a problem with seeing him when he is in the spotlight. I'm very much excited for Goku's fight with Jiren, but I don't really have much interest in seeing him fight the Female Saiyans again. Cabba himself I don't give a fuck about so Toshio's writing of the episode is what I'm hoping makes that episode entertaining.

I think it'd be great if U6's last hope was riding on the Namekians.