"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Professor Freeza » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:59 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: An actual, charged, whole hearted final flash, in simple words, fucks shit up..
Obviously. But thats where i believe Goku's "Draw forth power beyond your limits" line fit in. Its the absolute best of Vegeta. But still doesnt get the job done because the Power gap is so big.
Yup, that makes the most sense in the grand scheme of things..
See? You get it. Its a Red Herring. Vegeta does his best and its not at all a job. But he still gets wrecked after that.

Some people got triggered when i said that before.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:07 am

Professor Freeza wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:
Obviously. But thats where i believe Goku's "Draw forth power beyond your limits" line fit in. Its the absolute best of Vegeta. But still doesnt get the job done because the Power gap is so big.
Yup, that makes the most sense in the grand scheme of things..
See? You get it. Its a Red Herring. Vegeta does his best and its not at all a job. But he still gets wrecked after that.

I mean, I get what you're saying lol. I do think they will give Vegeta a respectable performance in the fight for most of it. But yeah, after the Final Flash (which we know isn't going to take Jiren down), they'll probably have Jiren wreck from that point forward. That shot in the NEP where Vegeta is getting blasted by Jiren's ki blast could possibly take place after the Final Flash.

Artorias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Artorias » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:16 am

TheOne wrote:
Artorias wrote:
JazzMazz wrote: Just because Goku has better feats doesn't mean he was stronger using Blue at the time, espicially considering Goku is pretty much famous for exerting power and doing things far beyond his own physical limitations.

Judging by the NEP, I'm guessing that Vegeta is going to try and pull a Goku and put up a fight by improving during the fight and exerting power beyond his physical limitations.
Keyword "try". I don't really see anything coming of that, simply because Goku and Gohan have always been the ones that "go beyond their limitations" in the MIDDLE of fights. That's sorta their shtick. Vegeta's shtick has always been the guy who goes away to train off screen and then comes back crazy strong, he never really does it DURING the fight. So my gut tells me they'll continue that trait now.

Keep in mind this is what I THINK will happen, not what I WANT to happen.
This could be a prime time for them to break that silly cycle. They seem to be doing more thinking out the box now and not following their traditions.
Oh don't worry, I hope so. I would love nothing more than Vegeta to do something creative that gives him an edge, rather than just follow the same tired cycle of being the appetizer. But here's the thing. Every single time we get our hopes up, Toei falls back on that trope. So I've just stopped hyping myself up at this point. I'm going to just assume Vegeta will forever be the punching bag until proven otherwise.

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:16 am

TheOne wrote:
The_Destroyer wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Haven't you all been saying this each episode since the tournament started ? :crazy:

The sad thing is, you'll be telling everyone how "you told them so" when it finally does happen, never mind the fact you got it wrong the first 20 times. :lol: Or my favorite "We told you Vegeta won't do much this time around" never mind the fact that there'll just be 2-3 episodes left after he loses. :lol:
The_Destroyer wrote:Hope Vegeta goes out in 122 :thumbup:
Not a prediction, bub
Like anybody is going to take what you have to say seriously. Let me guess. You didn’t think Vegeta would make it this far? You probably thought he would’ve gone out during that First Brianne encounter like everyone else?

You also were one of the ones who complained about him not giving his energy during the Spirit Bomb. Based off of all the crap I’ve seen you say, I’ve learned to take what you have to say with a grain of salt when it comes to anything Vegeta related.
Awww you remember everything I've said on here. I'm flattered.

Do you even realize why people say stuff like "Vegeta will go out to rebrianne"? It's just bait to get responses like this.

I don't recall ever saying that Vegeta will go out to Rebrianne. I did believe in the possibilty of him losing to Frost, but only due to the ending theory. Other than that, there's no other time than would make sense for him to go out. I'm not an idiot, anything else about Vegeta losing to fodder is in jest. As for the spirit bomb thing, I was upset about that because it felt like character regression from Buu saga. But whatever.

Again, I said I want, not predict, him to go out in 122. Big difference.

Supersaiyanbulla
Temporarily Banned

Post by Supersaiyanbulla » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:19 am

My god everyone here is retard don't know why I keep coming back.

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:22 am

Jigurashi wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: Yup, that makes the most sense in the grand scheme of things..

I mean, I get what you're saying lol. I do think they will give Vegeta a respectable performance in the fight for most of it. But yeah, after the Final Flash (which we know isn't going to take Jiren down), they'll probably have Jiren wreck from that point forward. That shot in the NEP where Vegeta is getting blasted by Jiren's ki blast could possibly take place after the Final Flash.
Which is still more than he accomplished against Hit.

And given that Jiren is stronger than at least one GoD, Vegeta's showing will be even more impressive. As a Vegeta fanboy, i can be cool with that.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:36 am

Supersaiyanbulla wrote:My god everyone here is retard don't know why I keep coming back.
You know if someone does not agree with you,he is not a retard.What if people don't think vegeta is not surviving next episode or they are making fun of him like all the other characters?Have you noticed you are the only one here calling people retard?There is no need to be triggered if someone has different opinion than you on a cartoon.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:55 am

Supersaiyanbulla wrote: Actually he got more hits in you probably only saw one part and jiren was actually serious and was blocking and was throwing hits big difference especially looking at his reaction to final flash and it was already said in the preview that vegeta was going to break his limts.
Jiren also looked 'serious' blocking Hit and Goku is blocking Jiren while smiling if we go by the preview.

Also Goku said, 'Draw forward power beyond your limits', which isn't saying that Vegeta will break his limits and it vague enough to mean Vegeta pulling a Final Flash Perfect Cell or even what he did to Merged Zamasu in the manga than him getting a specific power-up. Or he could do what he did against Beerus in Battle of Gods.

Point is, you really shouldn't trust the previews. This is how Hit fans thought Hit killed Jiren in the preview for 111.
JazzMazz wrote: Simple Goku tried harder, and pushed past his limitations so much that he broke his arms to overwhelm Zamasu. I don't see how thats hard to understand, he pushed himself more during that beam struggle than Vegeta or Trunks did.
We saw Trunks 'tried hard' too and was actually being pushed back and would have died if Vegeta didn't step in. He had far more reason to overclock himself than Goku and Vegeta than came in to help him. If he was massively more powerful than Goku, then together they should have hurt Merged Zamasu even a little even if Vegeta himself wasn't trying nearly as hard.
Supersaiyanbulla wrote:My god everyone here is retard don't know why I keep coming back.
Honestly, if you keep this up you won't be allowed to come back.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:35 am

The_Destroyer wrote:
TheOne wrote:
Like anybody is going to take what you have to say seriously.
Do you even realize why people say stuff like "Vegeta will go out to rebrianne"? It's just bait to get responses like this.
Sure. :lol:

I guess it's a win-win situation, if something you say comes true you say "I told you so" and if it doesn't you say "it's just bait to see what you say".
Last edited by sintzu on Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:37 am

One thing I wanna point out is that Vegeta might kick out of the Power Impact. His expression isn't what it should be when being eliminated...

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:44 am

Honestly,if vegeta kept up with just because why not or rage boost it will be biggest ass pull after genkidama sword.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:48 am

Hawk9211 wrote:Honestly,if vegeta kept up with just because why not or rage boost it will be biggest ass pull after genkidama sword.
I don't see UI so it's either an ass pull or Jiren just wants to see how much he can do before kicking him out. He might also just start out with low energy thinking Vegeta isn't that strong only to be surprised like what Beerus did in BOG.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:52 am

sintzu wrote:
Hawk9211 wrote:Honestly,if vegeta kept up with just because why not or rage boost it will be biggest ass pull after genkidama sword.
I don't see UI so it's either an ass pull or Jiren just wants to see how much he can do before kicking him out. He might also just start out with low energy thinking Vegeta isn't that strong only to be surprised like what Beerus did in BOG.
Considering this is Vegeta's big fight this saga, and how late he's fighting Jiren, as well as the fact that we know UI Goku VS Jiren II is coming sometime afterwards:

Vegeta will look decent against Jiren, and very likely will show feats that puts him above Hit and SSBKKx20 Goku and possibly even initial UI Goku with maybe a power up he might get. I don't see him getting UI this saga, but I wouldn't have an issue with it.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:53 am

Professor Freeza wrote:One thing I wanna point out is that Vegeta might kick out of the Power Impact. His expression isn't what it should be when being eliminated...
Sorry, what do you mean?
Jigurashi wrote: Considering this is Vegeta's big fight this saga, and how late he's fighting Jiren, as well as the fact that we know UI Goku VS Jiren II is coming sometime afterwards:

Vegeta will look decent against Jiren, and very likely will show feats that puts him above Hit and SSBKKx20 Goku and possibly even initial UI Goku with maybe a power up he might get. I don't see him getting UI this saga, but I wouldn't have an issue with it.
I can only see that if he get something like a Battle of Gods Vegeta moment. Or he pulls a Perfect Cell, charged up a Final Flash so powerful that Jiren goes WTF. But if we go by the preview, Goku has a feat in Blue that put him above his 109 and 110 self. Which is why I don't trust this preview.
Last edited by HeroR on Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:54 am

sintzu wrote:
But,jiren has sweat on his face,so I am leaning more towards ass pull.If he is holding back,he should be surprised not nervous.

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:55 am

HeroR wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:One thing I wanna point out is that Vegeta might kick out of the Power Impact. His expression isn't what it should be when being eliminated...
Sorry, what do you mean?

NEP shows Blue Vegeta in Jiren's Power Impact [fan name move he uses with one hand;orange one]. Given his expression in the close up there, i say he manages to stay put from that move. Which only Goku has done before

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:56 am

Hawk9211 wrote:
sintzu wrote:
But,jiren has sweat on his face,so I am leaning more towards ass pull.If he is holding back,he should be surprised not nervous.
Sweat means nothing. Even the u3 Angel had a sweat on his head after U3 was eliminated.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:06 am

Jigurashi wrote:I don't see him getting UI this saga, but I wouldn't have an issue with it.
Probably not but what about the new movie ? they can have their new transformation to promote without having to come up with a completely new one.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:25 am

sintzu wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:I don't see him getting UI this saga, but I wouldn't have an issue with it.
Probably not but what about the new movie ? they can have their new transformation to promote without having to come up with a completely new one.
That's true.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:51 am

Vegeta will get UI one way or the other eventually, what concerns me is if or not other characters will get the same..
Eventually having an enemy capable of countering such a broken technique will happen, and god help if the likes of Krillin manages to land hits that time without any explanation..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker