"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by sintzu » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:24 am

SansrivaaL wrote:It being the climax doesnt mean its the end just that it's the biggest fight.
Which means it's the end. What will they have afterwards ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:25 am

sintzu wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:It being the climax doesnt mean its the end just that it's the biggest fight.
A mini fodder fight for giggles and laughs like Monaka V Hit.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:29 am

SansrivaaL wrote: A mini fodder fight for giggles and laughs like Monaka V Hit.
HOW DARE YOU?!

Having the same ending for both tournaments would suck though..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:38 am

I think, u6,u7,u11 and proly 1 more universe will remain. Since, u need people dropping their jaws at Goku vs Jiren fight lol. Or it coukld be a fast elimination in the upcoming episodes. But, i am glad they arent stretching it. They could of stretched it till next year if they wished. So i guess they got something new in store after this arc.

Oh ye and 1 hour special of Goku and Jiren beating the the crap out of each other. Yay, cant wait.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:44 am

Any ideas on what Dr Rota's ability could have been? Or what you want it to be..
Him trying to hug the reflector guy might be a clue of it being related to having contact..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:47 am

Ki Breaker wrote:Any ideas on what Dr Rota's ability could have been? Or what you want it to be..
He was beating up Gohan off screen so it must have been something that Gohan could not brute force his way through like he usually does.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:48 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote: A mini fodder fight for giggles and laughs like Monaka V Hit.
HOW DARE YOU?!

Having the same ending for both tournaments would suck though..
I feel you, but hey... at least they're all actually fighters in there unlike Mr.Satan who was.. well you know how he is, and Monaka who turned out to be just a delivery guy, and unlike prev tournaments this one has 2 prizes, one is to stay in so that their universe doesnt go boom and the other be the strongest fighter to get the wish from the DBS, I have a feeling U7 aint winning the tournament but among them will be the one who gets the wish from DBS, obligatory cliche shock factor :lol:

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:52 am

sintzu wrote:
It would be one heck of a curve ball if the the biggest fight of the tournament didn't end up also being the decisive one after all. Like Goku and Jiren getting their big moment, Goku getting his new form, getting the fight he's been looking for, but they also eliminate each other before the time is up. The arc could use a twist like that.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:56 am

Whatever wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:Any ideas on what Dr Rota's ability could have been? Or what you want it to be..
He was beating up Gohan off screen so it must have been something that Gohan could not brute force his way through like he usually does.
Yeah, off-screen he was beating Gohan...'s meat like the bitch he is..

Also, Contrary to what to seem to think, I don't actually give a rat's ass about who beats up Gohan.. Or who he beats up..
Whatever over the top fanboying I do is strictly for joking purpose only.. :mrgreen:
SansrivaaL wrote:I have a feeling U7 aint winning the tournament but among them will be the one who gets the wish from DBS, obligatory cliche shock factor :lol:
I don't understand?
So universe 7 loses but still gets the wish?

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:58 am

Ki Breaker wrote: So universe 7 loses but still gets the wish?
Isnt the wish given to the strongest fighter and not the winner? unless ofc the winner is also the strongest fighter, but I doubt that.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:00 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: So universe 7 loses but still gets the wish?
Isnt the wish given to the strongest fighter and not the winner?
I seem to recall it's given to the universe which wins..
I could be misremembering, don't have much of an interest left in super when Angel densetsu is ongoing in my list!

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:01 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
Whatever wrote:

Also, Contrary to what to seem to think, I don't actually give a rat's ass about who beats up Gohan.. Or who he beats up..
Whatever over the top fanboying I do is strictly for joking purpose only.. :mrgreen:
SansrivaaL wrote:I have a feeling U7 aint winning the tournament but among them will be the one who gets the wish from DBS, obligatory cliche shock factor :lol:
I don't understand?
You are doing it wrong.
You should tell me that Gohan is smart and that he was not getting beaten up by Rota.
Then i would point out how he he needed to be saved twice by Piccolo and so on.

How long have you been doing this and you have still have no idea how this works!!!

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:02 am

Whatever wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
Whatever wrote: He was beating up Gohan off screen so it must have been something that Gohan could not brute force his way through like he usually does.

I don't understand?
You are doing it wrong.
You should tell me that Gohan is smart and that he was not getting beaten up by Rota.

How long have you been doing this and you have still have no idea how this works!!!
......You do realize what "beating Gohan's meat" means right?
Well, we can do it some other time hopefully in pm as it's pretty off topic.. :P

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:07 am

Ki Breaker wrote: I seem to recall it's given to the universe which wins..
I could be misremembering, don't have much of an interest left in super when Angel densetsu is ongoing in my list!
I rewatched ep 78 to make sure, its given to the strongest fighter, while the winning universe gets nothing = no boom
Whatever wrote: You are doing it wrong.

Dude wtf :lol:
Not a lot of people here overhype their favorite characters or feel the need to defend them, tho there are some that does that like its in their agenda to do so :lol:

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:10 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
I rewatched ep 78 to make sure, its given to the strongest fighter, while the winning universe gets nothing = no boom
Well damn...
With Goku's new transformation incoming I have a pretty good idea who is going to get that wish..

This is actually a nice way for it to go, Goku despite being stronger is defeated by Jiren, universe 11 wins but Goku isn't killed off because of the wish he has to make, he revives every universe afterwards nn

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:14 am

sintzu wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:The debate whether opening is correct or ending continues..
Hopefully none of them are. Spoiling the whole plot like that would be the worst thing they could do. I guess that'll be another thing the manga can fix by changing the order.
omaro34 wrote:Toei is cracking down hard on people posting the episode on YouTube. Don't know why it's a problem to them now when episodes were constantly being posted in the past since Super started.
If people can't get it on Youtube they will from somewhere else so I don't know why they bother.
I don't think it can be the opening since Piccolo is holding number 2. It could be the ending up until Vegeta since the ending will be changing soon
Michsi wrote:
sintzu wrote:
It would be one heck of a curve ball if the the biggest fight of the tournament didn't end up also being the decisive one after all. Like Goku and Jiren getting their big moment, Goku getting his new form, getting the fight he's been looking for, but they also eliminate each other before the time is up. The arc could use a twist like that.
I definitely do not think Goku vs Jiren is the last major fight. One of them could win their fight but be too damaged to continue and someone like Frieza or Frost knocks them out.

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:26 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
Whatever wrote: You are doing it wrong.

Dude wtf :lol:
Not a lot of people here overhype their favorite characters or feel the need to defend them, tho there are some that does that like its in their agenda to do so :lol:
Lol,the thing is between me and Kii breaker is that he tells me he is joking despite me knowing already he is joking.
Then i take a jab(usually at Gohan since this is the character he overeacts the most)to joke as well but he seems to not know i am joking as well.
To the the others this must be seen like a mess imao.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:29 am

Ki Breaker wrote: This is actually a nice way for it to go, Goku despite being stronger is defeated by Jiren, universe 11 wins but Goku isn't killed off because of the wish he has to make, he revives every universe afterwards nn
Yeah that would be a fun way to end it, as U7 about to get erased and they accept their erasure (cue drama OST https://youtu.be/gL2ifOosyrQ) and Goku realizes he doesnt get erased, GP tells him he becomes the strongest fighter (cue flippy song https://youtu.be/gG-WysRRaj8?list=PLqAx ... 9W1C2vxY2L) and then Goku wishes everyone back from erasure, or Gohan stays in the ring but U11 still has Toppo and Jiren and still had them lost, anyways I'm still hoping that this ToP is just a charade and that theres something bigger going on behind the scenes.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:40 am

Jigurashi wrote:Eh. Whether Vegeta goes out or next is up in the air. Sure the ending still could be right, but I also think it's possible that Roshi is going next. Good to see Frost again too.

As for Tenshinhan? Lol, just lol.
He was humiliated again as i predicted.
SansrivaaL wrote:Oh no‥ that ED‥ Vegeta may just be screwed :lol:
That will be fucking priceless specially, if it is Hitto doing the job. :lol:
MainJPW wrote:Uh oh....

Vegeta is next. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hakaishin Liquir wrote:Lol Tien got trolled AGAIN.

Also Dr. Rota is an idiot.
Tenshinhan is the new Yamcha, but, at least, Yamcha got a gaiden.
Dr. Rota is just a gag character nothing else.
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Vegeta feels really inconsistent this arc. What I'm getting from it is there's several different visions higher ups have for Vegeta and none of them can agree so instead we get all of them and it results in a messy, almost split-personality thing going on depending on who gets the final say that particular week. I agree he isn't doing so well in the manga as of late either.

I think I'm just going to have to ultimately ride this arc out and hope the next one has a clearer vision or at least makes a decision on what to do with Vegeta.
And that is the problem with Vegeta, his character is already been exhausted and it is time to move on. It makes sense why Goku is ditching Vegeta has a rival hopefully after this arc he completely does.
I hope so, it is time for Hitto to take Vegeta's place as Goku rival. Frieza is another good option as well. Vegeta is finished.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:43 am

It wasn't "strongest" warrior, it was "best" warrior; the criteria of "best" having yet to be laid out.