"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:48 am

omaro34 wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:114 spoilers imply someone is going to interfere in the Goku vs Saiyan Girls fight, the new warrior could be the fusion of Gamisaras and Damon :think:

115 is probably the Caulifla/Kale episode Toshio was talking about so no fusion featuring them..
The U6 Namekians will fuse together to fight someone really strong. We don't know how strong each are, but we know how exponentially stronger one can get from a Namekian fusion. I could see them taking on a fighter like Toppo, or someone just under Jiren's level of strength. They might not win, but this is my prediction.

I mean they've been saving these guys for too long now, it's just logical thinking to assume they have something cool planned for them.
If they did fuse wouldn't we see them fight individually first or at least not fuse until they are the last 2 standing from Universe 6?

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:54 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
omaro34 wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:114 spoilers imply someone is going to interfere in the Goku vs Saiyan Girls fight, the new warrior could be the fusion of Gamisaras and Damon :think:

115 is probably the Caulifla/Kale episode Toshio was talking about so no fusion featuring them..
The U6 Namekians will fuse together to fight someone really strong. We don't know how strong each are, but we know how exponentially stronger one can get from a Namekian fusion. I could see them taking on a fighter like Toppo, or someone just under Jiren's level of strength. They might not win, but this is my prediction.

I mean they've been saving these guys for too long now, it's just logical thinking to assume they have something cool planned for them.
If they did fuse wouldn't we see them fight individually first or at least not fuse until they are the last 2 standing from Universe 6?
Probably yes we would see them fight individually first then when they are in a dire situation they could decide to fuse to increase their chances of survival.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:24 pm

Simere wrote:
pacz360 wrote:Neither those two know what fusion is nor goku would try to teach em it
Do we know that they don't know what fusion is?
Nothing implies that do in the first place

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:27 pm

Michsi wrote:
pacz360 wrote:
Michsi wrote:
Because one of the most defining things about the fusion technique is that the two participants need to be as identical as possible, so I automatically think twins. But I don't definitely think it is. Just that it might be.

Edit: OR it might be a fusion between Caulifla and Kale, since the next few episodes seem so saiyan centric. Watch the fandom implode.
Neither those two know what fusion is nor goku would try to teach em it
Are you sure about that? Cause it seems like something he'd do. He already sorta/kinda helped Caulifla before.
He helped her get back into ssj2 but he didn't teach her anything new so why would he now

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:32 pm

pacz360 wrote:
Michsi wrote:
pacz360 wrote: Neither those two know what fusion is nor goku would try to teach em it
Are you sure about that? Cause it seems like something he'd do. He already sorta/kinda helped Caulifla before.
He helped her get back into ssj2 but he didn't teach her anything new so why would he now
Why, to have someone stronger to fight against, of course. That's basically the main thing he cares about.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:45 pm

pacz360 wrote:
Simere wrote: Do we know that they don't know what fusion is?
Nothing needs to imply that they do; nothing implies that they don't.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:47 pm

omaro34 wrote:

You mean like Dr. Rota?
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:58 pm

HeroR wrote:
omaro34 wrote:

You mean like Dr. Rota?

Oh, come on. You know chances of that happening are beyond slim.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:02 pm

Simere wrote:
pacz360 wrote:
Simere wrote: Do we know that they don't know what fusion is?
Nothing needs to imply that they do; nothing implies that they don't.
To be fair since U6 didnt k now Super Saiyan despite being stronger its okay to speculate Namekians may or may not fuse.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:05 pm

Michsi wrote:
HeroR wrote:
omaro34 wrote: The U6 Namekians will fuse together to fight someone really strong. We don't know how strong each are, but we know how exponentially stronger one can get from a Namekian fusion. I could see them taking on a fighter like Toppo, or someone just under Jiren's level of strength. They might not win, but this is my prediction.

You mean like Dr. Rota?

And you know this, how?
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:14 pm

HeroR wrote:
Michsi wrote:
HeroR wrote:
You mean like Dr. Rota?

And you know this, how?
Dr Rota is the new joke character.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:18 pm

HeroR wrote:
Michsi wrote:
HeroR wrote:
You mean like Dr. Rota?

And you know this, how?
Because they made no point to hide Dr. Rota at all when showing each team. Because Dr. Rota is not from the second most well-known race of the entire franchise or a look-alike of one of the series' main characters and the author's favorite character.

Not saying they're the next Jiren or even Kale, or that they're going to blow us away, but more then a one joke character? Yes. It's simple logic.
Again, we're talking about odds here.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:20 pm

Is fusion allowed in this tournament? Oh, I miss Gotenks...
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:26 pm

Noah wrote:Is fusion allowed in this tournament? Oh, I miss Gotenks...
If Zeno thinks it looks cool, it will be allowed.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:31 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:To be fair since U6 didnt k now Super Saiyan despite being stronger its okay to speculate Namekians may or may not fuse.
Not sure what you mean. I was talking about whether Caulifla and Kale know how to fuse. I'm not saying that they do, either; just that we can't say that they don't.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:31 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:

Did you know that before Episode 106?
Michsi wrote:
Because they made no point to hide Dr. Rota at all when showing each team. Because Dr. Rota is not from the second most well-known race of the entire franchise or a look-alike of one of the series' main characters and the author's favorite character.

Not saying they're the next Jiren or even Kale, or that they're going to blow us away, but more then a one joke character? Yes. It's simple logic.
Again, we're talking about odds here.
Being hidden doesn't mean you will be important or have much important. For example, the snipers from U2 were hidden too and although they got an episode, I wouldn't call them important. And being from the "second most well-known race of the entire franchise or a look-alike of one of the series' main characters and the author's favorite character", really doesn't mean much since Toriyama likes Tien too and we know how that ended.

Will they be a joke character, no but I never said that they would be. My point is that they may not be important at all.
Last edited by HeroR on Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kanassa wrote:

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:32 pm

HeroR wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

Did you know that before Episode 106?
No, but do you think Universe 6 has 3 then?

Yedis
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yedis » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:33 pm

Another prediction about the U6 Namekians: 17/Piccolo vs the 2 Namekians.

17 vs the Piccolo look alike (Call back to 17 vs Piccolo in the Android Saga)

Piccolo vs Lord Slug look alike
Last edited by Yedis on Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:35 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
No, but do you think Universe 6 has 3 then?
It would be Toriyama. He gave us U10 that ended up being a joke universe outside of two people despite the villain of the last arc coming from there.
Kanassa wrote:

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:55 pm

HeroR wrote:
Being hidden doesn't mean you will be important or have much important. For example, the snipers from U2 were hidden too and although they got an episode, I wouldn't call them important. And being from the "second most well-known race of the entire franchise or a look-alike of one of the series' main characters and the author's favorite character", really doesn't mean much since Toriyama likes Tien too and we know how that ended.

Will they be a joke character, no but I never said that they would be. My point is that they may not be important at all.
He does? I can't ever remember him mentioning Tien as a favorite while Piccolo has been mentioned several times. Regardless, I really doubt that matters much as well, but it might count a little.

My point is that there is a big difference between a character that didn't even get one episode and was just there for laughs and being important , and that range is big enough to place the namekians somewhere well away from the Dr. Rota end of the spectrum.
It would be Toriyama. He gave us U10 that ended up being a joke universe outside of two people despite the villain of the last arc coming from there.
Wait, when you say "joke" do you mean like "weak and easily/early defeated?" Because I mean literal joke when I refer to Dr. Rota.