"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:06 pm

shinmaru wrote:IGN ROF interview with Funimation. They talk about Super too, if anyone is interested. http://m.ign.com/videos/2015/07/09/drag ... c-con-2015
Already covered that. :wink:

GokuRules987
Banned

Post by GokuRules987 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:09 pm

Mewzard wrote:
GokuRules987 wrote:Then why are they so weak then? An ancient race would have to be powerful enough to not become extinct from random poachers and evil aliens trying to take over them.
They aren't really weak though. The average Namekians (farmers) were stronger than Freeza's normal soldiers, and their single warrior left (Nail) was pretty much stronger than all but the Ginyu Force (stronger than the Saiyan race's norms by far, and could be so much stronger via fusion).

Remember, outside of Gods, Magical Monsters, creatures from other planes of existence, Super powered cyborgs, mutants, and the occasional SSJ, Freeza's army was pretty much top tier. In terms of normal races in the universe, Namekians seem insanely strong. Namekian Farmers would break Raditz in half, a Saiyan warrior.

It's easy to forget that most of the powerful things in DBZ are far out of the norm.

That said, maybe there are extremely powerful foes hidden somewhere in the universe/multiverse. We'll have to see where Toriyama goes with it.
Maybe a few Namekians, but most of them were not that strong, their technology was pretty sub par to earth standards, they could have bought their spaceships from somebody else, not sure if they even had their own armies. And Namekians cannot create dragon balls, only a specific Namekian can create dragon balls and we don't know how exactly it works.
I Personally think its some kind of God who created the dragon balls since Shenron knew about Beerus and he might know about other gods in different universes aswell.
My Intelligence level is over 9000!!!

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:19 pm

GokuRules987 wrote:
Mewzard wrote:
GokuRules987 wrote:Then why are they so weak then? An ancient race would have to be powerful enough to not become extinct from random poachers and evil aliens trying to take over them.
They aren't really weak though. The average Namekians (farmers) were stronger than Freeza's normal soldiers, and their single warrior left (Nail) was pretty much stronger than all but the Ginyu Force (stronger than the Saiyan race's norms by far, and could be so much stronger via fusion).

Remember, outside of Gods, Magical Monsters, creatures from other planes of existence, Super powered cyborgs, mutants, and the occasional SSJ, Freeza's army was pretty much top tier. In terms of normal races in the universe, Namekians seem insanely strong. Namekian Farmers would break Raditz in half, a Saiyan warrior.

It's easy to forget that most of the powerful things in DBZ are far out of the norm.

That said, maybe there are extremely powerful foes hidden somewhere in the universe/multiverse. We'll have to see where Toriyama goes with it.
Maybe a few Namekians, but most of them were not that strong, their technology was pretty sub par to earth standards, they could have bought their spaceships from somebody else, not sure if they even had their own armies. And Namekians cannot create dragon balls, only a specific Namekian can create dragon balls and we don't know how exactly it works.
I Personally think its some kind of God who created the dragon balls since Shenron knew about Beerus and he might know about other gods in different universes aswell.
I think it was said any member of the Dragon Clan with sufficient power can create Dragon Balls, so we do know it works, the Namekians are the original creators.

Also they're weak, because they were all born from the Grand Elder, who was the only survivor of Namek after the weird climatic conditions took over the planet.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:33 pm

Doctor. wrote:The Namekians are the original creators.
Until it is perhaps revealed that they were never the original creators to begin with.
Do not take anything for granted, there's a great bunch of "actually, even if we told you it was that way, it happens that it was never that way" occurences in Dragon Ball.

Dragon Balls can grant any wish... until it's revealed that they actually can't.
Freezer destroyed Vegeta of his own free will... until it's revealed he actually didn't have a say on it.
Saiyans were all evil... until there were a few good Saiyans forming an artificial god. (might be rewritten soon, though)

So, it wouldn't be surprising if you could add to that list:
Dragon Balls were created by Nameks... until Dragon Balls are revealed to exist in non-Namek universes too.

Then, anything can happen:
- Nameks existing in various universes.
- Other non-related races having the same Dragon Balls powers.
- New kind of Dragon Balls being stolen from universe 7 and into universe 6.
- etc...

By the way, didn't Toriyama say that those Super Dragon Balls were huge? Given that the Namek ones are quite big, those Super Dragon Balls could be the size of a car or a truck, then!

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:44 pm

Freeza did destroy Vegeta out of his own will, if Minus is of any indication. It just so happens that both Beerus and him had the same thoughts in mind, which is why they got along in the first place. I think he'd still destroy Vegeta even if Beerus told him not to.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:46 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:The Super Dragon Balls were actually hidden in Kami's lookout all this time--they created when Kami had not yet split from Piccolo. One day, Pilaf and crew discover them, make a wish, and they scatter. However, the dragon balls are dispersed throughout another universe. What Pilaf didn't realize is that after using the Super Dragon Balls, they must be re-collected in one year; otherwise, universe 7 will cease to exist!

Goku must now travel to Universe 6 with Trunks on a ship powered by Videl's fetus to find them.
:clap:
Cold Skin wrote:
Until it is perhaps revealed that they were never the original creators to begin with.
Do not take anything for granted, there's a great bunch of "actually, even if we told you it was that way, it happens that it was never that way" occurences in Dragon Ball.
Yeah, like Majin Buu being created by Bibidi, until we find out he actually wasn't.
By the way, didn't Toriyama say that those Super Dragon Balls were huge? Given that the Namek ones are quite big, those Super Dragon Balls could be the size of a car or a truck, then!
I honestly expect them to be house sized at the very least.
Also with Super Dragon Balls, might we also get Super Namekians?
Lord Slug to make his triumphant return? :P

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:00 pm

Maybe it was to do with the balance mentioned by Old Kai and the Super Dragon Balls are just it's consequence. They might not searching them to use, but to destroy? Too much like GT?

In another note, I hope there's a gatekeeper monitoring inter-universal travel.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:50 pm

Seriously, just watched Kanzenshuu Super episode 1 notes and I loved it. Props to the staff. :thumbup:
Much more interesting than seeing some wannabe youtube reviewer talk nonsense. Hope you can keep up with these.

But why they didn't keep Kibitoshin DBKai seiyuu in Super ?! From what I googled, he didn't passed away.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:33 pm

Re: inter uni police

I instantly picture Gokû and Vegeta on the run from Super's own version of Zenigata. XD

Re: ep 2

Social media is gonna be fun tomorrow in the wake of Vegeta's Family Vacation. :3
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:06 pm

Cold Skin wrote:
I think it's possible that the Namekians are not the original creator of the Dragon Balls. I always believe that a god created them and went across the galaxy for thousands of years ago to look a Planet that would handle the Dragon Balls. Humans where not smart enough to handle the power of the Dragon Balls and Saiyans where too evil to have the power of the Dragon Balls. The Namekians are good hearted people, so it made sense to use the Dragon Balls. King Kai mention that they are a peaceful race, so they won't use the DB's for greed and evil like humans and Saiyans.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

GeeRod
Beyond Newbie

Post by GeeRod » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:38 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:
Cold Skin wrote:
I think it's possible that the Namekians are not the original creator of the Dragon Balls. I always believe that a god created them and went across the galaxy for thousands of years ago to look a Planet that would handle the Dragon Balls. Humans where not smart enough to handle the power of the Dragon Balls and Saiyans where too evil to have the power of the Dragon Balls. The Namekians are good hearted people, so it made sense to use the Dragon Balls. King Kai mention that they are a peaceful race, so they won't use the DB's for greed and evil like humans and Saiyans.
Good theory, I like that. I wonder how many people will complain if they change the story. Personally, I don't mind. :D
English is not my main language. Sorry if I make a mistake.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:51 pm

What if U6 was the manga universe or the GT universe?

FutureGohanSSJ2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FutureGohanSSJ2 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:04 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:What if U6 was the manga universe or the GT universe?
This isn't DC or Marvel. All the miscellaneous adaptations or movies or non-canon sequels aren't alternate universes. They're just...not a thing that happened.

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:06 pm

A GT universe could be a possibility. Not very probable, but not impossible either. I don't think that it'd be U6 though, but another, minor one.

I find a manga universe really unlikely. How could you point out the differences between the manga universe and anime universe? It's not like both Gokus and Vegetas are going to sit down and start "- King Piccolo? + Yep. - Vegeta? + Yep. - Freeza? + Yep. - Garlic Jr.? + What?"

Besides, would two almost identical universes meeting really make an interesting story? It could in other genres, but this is Dragon Ball we're talking about.
I'm a webcomic artist! Check out http://tapastic.com/series/Hearts

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:10 pm

The manga universe would be in black & white.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:15 pm

I do want to see Kakarrotto and Princess Vegeta in Uni 6, or a taller handsome character who tries to steal Vegeta's position as Gokû's rival away from him, but as there are no promises I can't let myself get too attached to the ideas. >_>
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Abel Taylor
Beyond Newbie

Post by Abel Taylor » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:21 pm

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:The manga universe would be in black & white.
That reminds me of TMNT: Turtles Forever.
Anyways, I seriously doubt the other universes are alternate universes.
Hi! My name's Abel, and I'm pretty awesome.
VegettoEX wrote: Abel is pretty awesome.
SaiyaJedi wrote: Abel is the best contributor to this forum ever! He's the true Julian #1
Herms wrote: Abel is so awesome that I forgot how to speak Japanese.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:23 pm

Chuquita wrote:I do want to see Kakarrotto and Princess Vegeta in Uni 6, or a taller handsome character who tries to steal Vegeta's position as Gokû's rival away from him, but as there are no promises I can't let myself get too attached to the ideas. >_>
I hear Broly is free, seems to fit your description perfectly, :P On that note I wonder what a Toriyama written Broly would be like?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:53 pm

FutureGohanSSJ2 wrote:
This isn't DC or Marvel. All the miscellaneous adaptations or movies or non-canon sequels aren't alternate universes. They're just...not a thing that happened.
They're all alternate timelines in Universe 7, as the Chozenshu basically tells us all adventures (prior to the Universe 6 Arc) happen there. It doesn't specify only things in this continuity or that continuity happened there, it counts everything that was an adventure with Goku and co.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Captain Space
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Captain Space » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:59 pm

Chuquita wrote:Re: inter uni police

I instantly picture Gokû and Vegeta on the run from Super's own version of Zenigata. XD
Goku and Vegeta: Interdimensional master (cough) criminals.

This should be a thing.
"Actually I didn’t know what Bulma’s real hair color was" --Toriyama