"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kishido
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kishido » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:49 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I wonder if they end up giving us another Android/Cyborg for the next arc? The RR Army had some tie in with the series after DB with Dr. Gero in DBZ and Dr. Gero teaming up with Dr. Myu in GT. What if Super does the same thing again?
Golden Cell!!!

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:51 pm

Filler time, I guess... :sick:

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:42 pm

A wish concering Kaiou? I'd guess that would mean Gowasu, right? Also, nice to see Goten again.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:46 pm

I doubt Golden Cell would happen, but they could bring back Dr. Gero if they do some twist like Dr. Gero in DBZ was a cyborg copy of himself. The real Dr. Gero is working on a new cyborg behind the scenes for years. Personally I don't want another cyborg because I feel like it has been over done with #13-19, Cell and Super 17. However I won't be surprise if we get a new one in Super going by how the last two Dragon Ball series went.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:48 pm

Kame-Sennin and C-18 part might just be gags. What wish could possibly affect them?

I think what will happen is that they ask Shenron to revive all those killed by Goku Black and Zamasu and Shenron won't be able to grant the wish, so they will have to go look for Super DBs. The hunt will probably take some episode, so Toei won't have to create fillers. This would also be beneficial to Toyotaro, who could just skip the DB hunt only mentioning it.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:49 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I doubt Golden Cell would happen, but they could bring back Dr. Gero if they do some twist like Dr. Gero in DBZ was a cyborg copy of himself. The real Dr. Gero is working on a new cyborg behind the scenes for years. Personally I don't want another cyborg because I feel like it has been over done with #13-19, Cell and Super 17. However I won't be surprise if we get a new one in Super going by how the last two Dragon Ball series went.

Say has toriyamas other work included robot or Androids too?
If so there is a high chance one will come in super.. Or maybe that's what magetta is supposed to be
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:51 pm

Magetta is not from Dr. Gero or from the RR Army.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:08 pm

So any news on upcoming arc?

Also, i cant wait to see what improvements Cabba has made since u6 vs u7 tourney. I wonder if he will have ssj blue.

For Hit, i am sure he will use his assassination techniques in the omniversal tourney.

I am guessing Frost will unlock a new form or something like that, Magetta will proly learn to deal with insults, since he was very powerful to begin with and Botamo, eh idk hehe.

SilverPlaqueVII
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SilverPlaqueVII » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:10 pm

In my view, I would love to see Z-Senshi (Dragon Team) explore nine of the twelve universes. From my guess, Universe 3 is the best guess since it connects to Universe 10.
Jelo Gutierrez Cantos (Dr. Fresh)
I'M GONNA BREAK YOU, LIKE A KIT-KAT BAR!! - TFS Goku. (have a Break, have a Kit Kat Freeza!)

-------------------------------------

Silver ShenronTransit Archive Projects
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Facebook | X (Twitter) | Tumblr | Youtube (1) (2) | Flickr | Instagram | Threads

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:20 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I wonder if they end up giving us another Android/Cyborg for the next arc? The RR Army had some tie in with the series after DB with Dr. Gero in DBZ and Dr. Gero teaming up with Dr. Myu in GT. What if Super does the same thing again?
I think if we had enough of Freeza Army remaining mooks, the same could be said about new androids
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:29 pm

Breaking News:

Next arc, a new fearcesome android appears that is even more powerful than ssj blue. Lol.

I wonder how much hate that arc would get. Id proly have to get pop corn while i read the hate posts haha.

Tho i wouldnt mind an android more powerful than ssj blue. The androids really got left in the dust, ala Freeza. Seeing Freeza powered up again made me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Could work i guess. Something like, DR Gero had a backup system, that if Cell had been defeated, it would gather information for many decades or 5-10 years, then it would gather some special materials from who knows where( deep space or w/e) and create an android more powerful than ssj blue.

Ofc i just say this because i like Super 17 hehe, so i wouldnt mind a new super powerful cyborg/android villain. Or heck, maybe even make him turn to the good side and have him or her join the omniversal tourney, would be a good replacement for Mr Buu.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:35 pm

buutenks wrote:Breaking News:

Next arc, a new fearcesome android appears that is even more powerful than ssj blue. Lol.

I wonder how much hate that arc would get. Id proly have to get pop corn while i read the hate posts haha.

Tho i wouldnt mind an android more powerful than ssj blue. The androids really got left in the dust, ala Freeza. Seeing Freeza powered up again made me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Could work i guess. Something like, DR Gero had a backup system, that if Cell had been defeated, it would gather information for many decades or 5-10 years, then it would gather some special materials from who knows where( deep space or w/e) and create an android more powerful than ssj blue.

Ofc i just say this because i like Super 17 hehe, so i wouldnt mind a new super powerful cyborg/android villain. Or heck, maybe even make him turn to the good side and have him or her join the omniversal tourney.
Make the Android or Cyborg basically like the Destroyer armour of the Marvel universe, and I'd buy it taking on SSJB no problem.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:55 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:

Ofc i just say this because i like Super 17 hehe, so i wouldnt mind a new super powerful cyborg/android villain. Or heck, maybe even make him turn to the good side and have him or her join the omniversal tourney.
Make the Android or Cyborg basically like the Destroyer armour of the Marvel universe, and I'd buy it taking on SSJB no problem.
May you elaborate on what the Destroyer armor is?
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:02 pm

Ofc i just say this because i like Super 17 hehe, so i wouldnt mind a new super powerful cyborg/android villain. Or heck, maybe even make him turn to the good side and have him or her join the omniversal tourney, would be a good replacement for Mr Buu.
Could you please stop confusing people? There are actually people reading this who buy into this and believe you're posting real spoilers.. We have enough of that on the internet already, sadly..

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:03 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:Magetta is not from Dr. Gero or from the RR Army.
Neither an Android or Cyborg, just a alien from a race made of metal.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:13 pm

Helios518 wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:

May you elaborate on what the Destroyer armor is?
You could look it up with a quick google search, but basically it was an armour forged by Odin a Skyfather, which could help take on Celestial beings. When inhabbited by someone's soul it's incredibly power. It's basically a godly weapon. But really Kamiccolo could explain it a hell of a lot better than I can.

If you saw the Justice League Episode with the Annihilator armour, it's basically something like that.

Chelentano
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Chelentano » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:41 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:If you saw the Justice League Episode with the Annihilator armour, it's basically something like that.
Or if you saw Thor's first movie, you actually saw Destroyer.
Steam profile: psn_chelentano
Xenoverse 2 characters: Rugal (female Saiyan), Salacadula (male Majin), Sleet (Freezer race)

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:56 pm

Chelentano wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:If you saw the Justice League Episode with the Annihilator armour, it's basically something like that.
Or if you saw Thor's first movie, you actually saw Destroyer.
Yeah but that's the lame watered down version. The real one is uber ridiculously powerful. It was also in an Avengers EMH episode I think.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:06 pm

First look at Toyo's Rosé Black!!

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:20 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:First look at Toyo's Rosé Black!!
What did he DO to his bangs? :shock: That looks very... interesting.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune