"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:05 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
This already means that he will be punching bag the whole fight if he continues in that form. If he is to fight with determination, the least he expects is to be transformed, otherwise he will not even have a worthy fight.
Hes exhuasted. At the end of 127 he could barely stand. It makes much more sense to him helplessly fight in base form than to go full power again after being drained 5 seconds prior

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:19 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:Are the other u6 VAs there? If not it could just be a flashback
That's always possible, or that it's just a big party for everyone, but if they did a flashback wouldn't they just re-use audio/video? Cabba hasn't had any off-screen interactions with anyone there besides maybe Vados that we know of.

Although I think he also voices Liquiir too, so there's that. Either way it turns out, I really, really doubt there's not going to be a 'Goku saves everyone' ending when this all wraps up.
Last edited by BlueBasilisk on Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:26 am

Totamo wrote:
TekTheNinja wrote:
Totamo wrote: because most of the fans don't care, if they did, you don't think they wouldn't raise them to prominence.

This is going to hurt to hear, but honestly Yamcha is more profitable as a joke than he is as a fighter.
Basically, fans accept shitty writing because they're total sheeple. This isn't technically incorrect, but only makes the writing and the series look even worse.

Why can't Yamcha be both? Roshi got to be both. Pretty much everyone in original DB got to be both. Besides, what ever happened to the Toriyama who like to subvert expectations? Nowadays it's just like, "LOL there's Yamcha memes? Better make them canon." That. Does. Not. Work. It's garbage writing, plain and simple.
You damn well know it does when it comes to money otherwise they wouldn't be making toys and so many shonen parodying his todeath. Yamcha unlike every other character was never really that respected by Toriyama. He was a jobber in the tournaments, was dumped by Bulma several times, then gets killed by the weakest enemy in all of z and before you say it could have happened to any other human, it only happened to Yamcha that we saw and then the biggest disrespect he loses his girl to the man who indirectly killed him.

And IMO, all this shit is hilarious to me, when lined up like this even when in the moment they were serious. This is not a modern thing, Yamcha was always treated like dirt when it came to fighting.

This can't be said for any other human. He was always treated with respect by Roshi. He has never actually been truly defeated by an opponent. He surrendered with Honor. Krillin was always a quick on his feet fighter and got just amount of screentime as Gohan in the beginning of Z, was instrumental in Gokiu going super saiyan and he got married to queen waifu 18. Tenshinhan was a legitimate threat when he showed up, won a world tournament, and pushed semi perfect Cell back. Mr Satan befriended Buu and saved the world.

Why can't Yamcha be both, because he was never fucking both. Why can't Toriyama subvert expectations about Yamcha? Because they are none to subvert. No lie, I have Yamcha fans in real life and they liked him because he sucks since I have been a fan for 7 years. You are an anomaly in the fandom. Mistare fusion made a video about how Toriyama assassinated Yamcha's character in the Cell saga and I could only burst out in laughter. Because his character was already dead when a saibamen blew him up and krillin takes out 5 of them.

He was a joke. Don't blame Toei, for maximizing on it. Don't blame Toriyama for making a punching bag, someone had to be. Blame the fandom for not caring, it fact don't because Yamcha kinda sucks at life.

Don't feel bad, Chaiozu gets it worse, at least some people actually care about Yamcha.
Wow, are you really doing the "Yamcha was always a joke" argument again? Yeah, I ain't doing that. It's simply incorrect.

Also it appears that Olympian already dissected and completely demolished this entire argument.
Last edited by TekTheNinja on Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:33 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
This already means that he will be punching bag the whole fight if he continues in that form. If he is to fight with determination, the least he expects is to be transformed, otherwise he will not even have a worthy fight.
Hes exhuasted. At the end of 127 he could barely stand. It makes much more sense to him helplessly fight in base form than to go full power again after being drained 5 seconds prior
In DBS, '' energy level '' does not really matter when you struggle with '' determination '' and '' pride ''. TOEI has already made exhausted characters fight with all their power even without rest.

If they intended to give Vegeta a big last moment, then they could just do the same thing, Vegeta fight using his transformation, because fighting in the base form already indicates that Vegeta will not do anything against Jiren.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:51 am

If anyone's curious, Tanaka shared some pictures from the final recording party here. Saw the link on the Kanzenshuu twitter. I'm a bit embarrassed to say I can't name most of these people. Looks like fun though. :lol:

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:03 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
In DBS, '' energy level '' does not really matter when you struggle with '' determination '' and '' pride ''. TOEI has already made exhausted characters fight with all their power even without rest.

If they intended to give Vegeta a big last moment, then they could just do the same thing, Vegeta fight using his transformation, because fighting in the base form already indicates that Vegeta will not do anything against Jiren.
I know that. Vegeta had his last big moment against Toppo. As we saw in the preview he'll turn into his Bluer-than-Blue form. but ultimately I dont think he'll get another big moment besides defending Goku

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:18 pm

Sandubadear wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:What did alakazam mean by a new series in June at the earliest?
He didn't mean that. He meant that it's confirmed that there will be no new series by June (start of a new cour).
Thanks, that's what I meant, yes. NO anime series for the time being.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:19 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:

I know that. Vegeta had his last big moment against Toppo. As we saw in the preview he'll turn into his Bluer-than-Blue form. but ultimately I dont think he'll get another big moment besides defending Goku
I know, Vegeta had a great time against Toppo, but it was not eliminated.
Which means he will still get featured before he falls.

And if, even tired, he will use the '' new Blue '' in the next episode, so I just hope the same thing happens on EP 128, regardless of his physical condition, which in the end is not important.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:29 pm

alakazam^ wrote:
Sandubadear wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:What did alakazam mean by a new series in June at the earliest?
He didn't mean that. He meant that it's confirmed that there will be no new series by June (start of a new cour).
Thanks, that's what I meant, yes. NO anime series for the time being.
Oh! My mistake then. Sorry for the mixup.

TheOtherDude
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOtherDude » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:40 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:
sintzu wrote:
I wouldn't expect anything less for his final fight. Like him or hate him, it's thanks to him Goku will be able to take donw Jiren and win the tournament.
Unfortunately this is just Vegeta punching the air missing Jiren or just hitting Jiren to no use.

Probably the final shot of him before being eliminated
Is that serious? Vegeta fighting in base form?

It’s not even about being able to have a worthy fight. You expect him to sit there and say “well since I can’t transform to SSB I’m gonna not even try..”

No. The dude is giving it his all right now despite not having the energy to transform. That’s intense. Showcasing is pride. He’d rather go down fighting than to just lay there and die like some people think he should do.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:50 pm

TheOtherDude wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:
Unfortunately this is just Vegeta punching the air missing Jiren or just hitting Jiren to no use.

It’s not even about being able to have a worthy fight. You expect him to sit there and say “well since I can’t transform to SSB I’m gonna not even try..”

No. The dude is giving it his all right now despite not having the energy to transform. That’s intense. Showcasing is pride. He’d rather go down fighting than to just lay there and die like some people think he should do.
Think back to the Zamasu fight in the manga, when Goku and Vegeta were completely out of energy and couldn't even transform against the Zamasu horde. What did Vegeta do? Well, he did the same as he's doing against Jiren now: He decided to fight anyway. My point is that Vegeta doing something like this is within his current characterisation and shouldn't be surprising to anyone.
Of course, this is all assuming that that's what's going on in the thumbnail.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:51 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
Liquir wrote:DBS Episode 128 Preview Image
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Damn Vegeta, look at them little man muscles..
He is about to go attack in base, impressive and reckless at the same time, classic Vegeta
And looks like he got a black eye
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:52 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
Liquir wrote:DBS Episode 128 Preview Image
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Damn Vegeta, look at them little man muscles..
He is about to go attack in base, impressive and reckless at the same time, classic Vegeta
And looks like he got a black eye
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:55 pm

TheOtherDude wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:

Stand strong prince Vegeta, your fans have your back. :clap:

As of February 19, all Vegeta fans will be required to turn their full support over to Goku so that our prince's noble sacrifice won't go to waste. :thumbup:
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:03 pm

TheOtherDude wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:

I'm not saying Vegeta should give up fighting just because he's in base form.

I'm saying that if it gets in the form the whole fight basis, it's just going to be a new Vegeta Vs Kid Boo.
Vegeta will not be able to do anything to Jiren even with all the determination.

He should at least be able to transform and use all his power. After all, this is his last effort and his last moment in the tournament
Alruneia wrote:
TheOtherDude wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote: Is that serious? Vegeta fighting in base form?

Think back to the Zamasu fight in the manga, when Goku and Vegeta were completely out of energy and couldn't even transform against the Zamasu horde. What did Vegeta do? Well, he did the same as he's doing against Jiren now: He decided to fight anyway. My point is that Vegeta doing something like this is within his current characterisation and shouldn't be surprising to anyone.
Of course, this is all assuming that that's what's going on in the thumbnail.
Yes, but on EP 126, Vegeta used all his power and was worn. In EP 127 he will already be able to transform.

So in anime, being tired is not something important when you struggle with determination.
So I just wanted Vegeta to be able to transform into EP 128 as well and fight with all his power

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:05 pm

TekTheNinja wrote:
Totamo wrote:
TekTheNinja wrote: Basically, fans accept shitty writing because they're total sheeple. This isn't technically incorrect, but only makes the writing and the series look even worse.

Why can't Yamcha be both? Roshi got to be both. Pretty much everyone in original DB got to be both. Besides, what ever happened to the Toriyama who like to subvert expectations? Nowadays it's just like, "LOL there's Yamcha memes? Better make them canon." That. Does. Not. Work. It's garbage writing, plain and simple.
You damn well know it does when it comes to money otherwise they wouldn't be making toys and so many shonen parodying his todeath. Yamcha unlike every other character was never really that respected by Toriyama. He was a jobber in the tournaments, was dumped by Bulma several times, then gets killed by the weakest enemy in all of z and before you say it could have happened to any other human, it only happened to Yamcha that we saw and then the biggest disrespect he loses his girl to the man who indirectly killed him.

And IMO, all this shit is hilarious to me, when lined up like this even when in the moment they were serious. This is not a modern thing, Yamcha was always treated like dirt when it came to fighting.

This can't be said for any other human. He was always treated with respect by Roshi. He has never actually been truly defeated by an opponent. He surrendered with Honor. Krillin was always a quick on his feet fighter and got just amount of screentime as Gohan in the beginning of Z, was instrumental in Gokiu going super saiyan and he got married to queen waifu 18. Tenshinhan was a legitimate threat when he showed up, won a world tournament, and pushed semi perfect Cell back. Mr Satan befriended Buu and saved the world.

Why can't Yamcha be both, because he was never fucking both. Why can't Toriyama subvert expectations about Yamcha? Because they are none to subvert. No lie, I have Yamcha fans in real life and they liked him because he sucks since I have been a fan for 7 years. You are an anomaly in the fandom. Mistare fusion made a video about how Toriyama assassinated Yamcha's character in the Cell saga and I could only burst out in laughter. Because his character was already dead when a saibamen blew him up and krillin takes out 5 of them.

He was a joke. Don't blame Toei, for maximizing on it. Don't blame Toriyama for making a punching bag, someone had to be. Blame the fandom for not caring, it fact don't because Yamcha kinda sucks at life.

Don't feel bad, Chaiozu gets it worse, at least some people actually care about Yamcha.
Wow, are you really doing the "Yamcha was always a joke" argument again? Yeah, I ain't doing that. It's simply incorrect.

Also it appears that Olympian already dissected and completely demolished this entire argument.
Its your opinion if you think he wasn't and I already responded to Olympian and he hasn't gotten back, which just tells me he has nothing more to say.

But honestly, its kind of irrelevant even if he was respected before, he isn't respected now, not by any form of dragon ball media and thats not bad writing, thats called comedy and I find it hilarious. You don't, thats fine but if you go around getting upset about it, I'm just going to laugh.

But if you will call it bad writing, I will say he was always like this with hindsight over what his fights were and what they lead to aka his road to disappointment.

In fact, I have a simple way prove Yamcha was always a joke, ask any casual dragon ball fan what do they remember Yamcha for and ask them what do they remember any of the other humans for, odds are you are going to get a disappointing answer for the poor dolt.

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:12 pm

Totamo wrote:
TekTheNinja wrote:
Totamo wrote: You damn well know it does when it comes to money otherwise they wouldn't be making toys and so many shonen parodying his todeath. Yamcha unlike every other character was never really that respected by Toriyama. He was a jobber in the tournaments, was dumped by Bulma several times, then gets killed by the weakest enemy in all of z and before you say it could have happened to any other human, it only happened to Yamcha that we saw and then the biggest disrespect he loses his girl to the man who indirectly killed him.

Its your opinion if you think he wasn't and I already responded to Olympian and he hasn't gotten back, which just tells me he has nothing more to say.

But honestly, its kind of irrelevant even if he was respected before, he isn't respected now, not by any form of modern dragon ball media and thats not bad writing, thats called comedy and I find it hilarious. You don't, thats fine but if you go around getting upset about it, I'm just going to laugh.

But if you will call it bad writing, I will say he was always like this with hindsight over what his fights were and what they lead to aka his road to disappointment.
Well you sure are happy about being wrong and content with bad writing, but good for you I suppose. :roll:

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:12 pm

Meanwhile, I’m over here still waiting on the name of Vegeta’s variant of Blue. :think:

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:16 pm

TheOtherDude wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:

something tells me Jiren will notice and praise that. He did congratulate him on defeating Toppo

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:24 pm

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:Meanwhile, I’m over here still waiting on the name of Vegeta’s variant of Blue. :think:
We'll probably have to wait until he gets a Heroes card or an action figure. Wasn't that how we originally got the name of SSGSSGSSGSSGSS? It certainly wasn't named in RoF.