"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:04 pm

Dragon Ball Super now has officially the worst writers of any show in television history! This is just sad.. What they have done is unforgivable and unacceptable. It is almost COMICAL. It is trolling, on the highest level. It was completely unneccesary, even for their standards!

This is undefendable. And quite frankly, i am going to stop talking now, because i can’t promise i’d remain civil much longer.

I am speechless.

I am terribly terribly dissapointed. They have now hit an all-time low. Lower than zero. Lower than negative infinity in fact!

Will
Beyond Newbie

Post by Will » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:05 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:What the hell is even the point of Ultra Instinct if it can't even win the the one fight it has?
It beat Kefla.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:05 pm

Birusu16 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Birusu16 wrote:
That's exactly what was meant. GogetaXV posted another translation and that's how he worded it.

https://twitter.com/GovetaXV/status/971 ... 7410627584
Here’s the thing, Herms is s better translator than GogetaXV.
Obviously, but I'm pretty sure that's what they mean in the summary. Herms just worded it in a weird way or the spoiler itself is just worded in a weird way.
Why would Herms word it weirdly?
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:07 pm

Cetra wrote:
Birusu16 wrote:I absolutely love this. So many Goku fans were on their high horses for the past several weeks and to see him still lose to a normal guy despite all these asspull power-ups is amazing.

Thank you Toei/Toriyama. :D
What are you talking about? Everyone knew Freeza was still in so most bet it was Freeza playing some "not so unexpected" winning role.
Goku losing was the most predictable thing to happened just by looking at his win record in Super.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:10 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:What the hell is even the point of Ultra Instinct if it can't even win the the one fight it has?
It's bad enough they replaced the more epic looking Omen for this but now it's not even going to win ? seriously, if they were going to have Goku lose why not just let him keep Omen if the end result was going to be the same ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:10 pm

Curious if Takahashi regrets working with a series that has abysmal writing, maybe he would rather work again with Fairy Tail or maybe he gets called for One Punch Man Season 2.

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:12 pm

HeroR wrote:
Sani007 wrote:It would be better to have at least one story in the modern DB when Goku wins. Because of the cancel, this isn't possible in Super, perhaps in the new movie...
Super isn’t cancelled. It’s ending.
Of course it is, and why is it ending? I still haven't found any reason for it.

Analytical Delusion
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytical Delusion » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:12 pm

Oh my god, I love this ending. It does make sense though from an out-of-universe perspective. If Freeza wasn't going to play a *massive* part in this, he wouldn't have been brought back.

I hope he's brought back to life as Goku promised, since the story is much richer when open-ended.

Jiren also is preserved as a threat here. I like that - it didn't make sense for him to be surpassed given where the U7 cast started, and it sets up a rematch between he and Goku if we continue the story post-EOZ.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:15 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:Dragon Ball Super now has officially the worst writers of any show in television history!.

This is undefendable.
If DB is to continue in the future then it needs new blood working on it as everyone involved apart from Toyotaro have completely messed this revival up from a quality point of view.

You'd think but watch the...I don't like using the word fanboys but it's hard to avoid when there are people who will defend everything Super does so watch them go on about how great of a twist it is and how anyone against it are haters.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Will
Beyond Newbie

Post by Will » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:16 pm

sintzu wrote:
It's bad enough they replaced the more epic looking Omen for this but now it's not even going to win ? seriously, if they were going to have Goku lose why not just let him keep Omen if the end result was going to be the same ?
Because the "more epic" is toei design, and the final design is the real design by Toriyama.
And Toei made Toriyama's design way better in the anime.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:16 pm

Sani007 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Sani007 wrote:It would be better to have at least one story in the modern DB when Goku wins. Because of the cancel, this isn't possible in Super, perhaps in the new movie...
It’s end because it is. Not because it was ‘canceled’. The show replacing Super is an anniversary show that almost always get Super’s timeslot. So this would have been planned for awhile.
Kanassa wrote:

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:17 pm

Analytical Delusion wrote:Oh my god, I love this ending. It does make sense though from an out-of-universe perspective. If Freeza wasn't going to play a *massive* part in this, he wouldn't have been brought back.

I hope he's brought back to life as Goku promised, since the story is much richer when open-ended.

Jiren also is preserved as a threat here. I like that - it didn't make sense for him to be surpassed given where the U7 cast started, and it sets up a rematch between he and Goku if we continue the story post-EOZ.
From the summery, Jiren was surpassed. Goku just didn’t win, kind of like Tien.
Kanassa wrote:

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:18 pm

Sani007 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
A bunch of reasons, but an especially possible one is that in order for everything to fit with how things played out in the last chapter of DB, a five year period of inaction needs to happen. The TOP takes place pretty much right before that period would start. Things fitting with the last chapter of DB was always Toriyama's intention.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:19 pm

You people with the NFL of UI. Jiren is simply too strong. He has been established as superior to a god of destruction since 93. Is totally fine with UI goku not beating jiren

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:19 pm

Michsi wrote:
Sani007 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
A bunch of reasons, but an especially possible one is that in order for everything to fit with how things played out in the last chapter of DB, a five year period of inaction needs to happen. The TOP takes place pretty much right before that period would start. Things fitting with the last chapter of DB was always Toriyama's intention.
We past the five year mark.
Kenneth La Torre wrote:You people with the NFL of UI. Jiren is simply too strong. He has been established as superior to a god of destruction since 93. Is totally fine with UI goku not beating jiren

We don’t even know how Jiren won to say ‘he because he was superior’. In fact, the summery more or less implied Goku had the advantage.
Last edited by HeroR on Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kanassa wrote:

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:20 pm

sintzu wrote:
If DB is to continue in the future then it needs new blood working on it as everyone involved apart from Toyotaro have completely messed this revival up from a quality point of view.

You'd think but watch the...I don't like using the word fanboys but it's hard to avoid when there are people who will defend everything Super does so watch them go on about how great of a twist it is and how anyone against it are haters.
Keep Toshio, Tomioka and fire the rest.

Hire some writers that worked in great series like Hero Academia, OPM, and more good mainstream series.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:20 pm

Meant NLF.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:21 pm

HeroR wrote:
Michsi wrote:
Sani007 wrote:
By much? I know Pan was 4 in EOZ, but I'd assume it didn't have to be 5 years exactly.

Shounen
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shounen » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:23 pm

Like Kaioken in Saiyan Saga.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:23 pm

HeroR wrote:
Michsi wrote:
Sani007 wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:You people with the NFL of UI. Jiren is simply too strong. He has been established as superior to a god of destruction since 93. Is totally fine with UI goku not beating jiren

We don’t even know how Jiren won to say ‘he because he was superior’. In fact, the summery more or less implied Goku had the advantage.
The summary was pretty clear on that. Goku FIRST has the upper hand, THEN jiren concentrates and gets serious, which cause that UI looking aura.

Order of events in the spoilers say as follows