"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:25 pm

Although all members in other universes had been revelead we still have those two in U4. Why so much mystery behind them? I hope they are a big deal then, maybe the main threat of the tournament as I don't think Jiren deserves that title.

mfwlegend3 wrote:
Noah wrote:I saw a theory about that a while ago and I think it could be valid and talking about Universe 6, it's a shame that they didn't introduce any new Namekian, I was expecting for that.
Hidden members of U6 revealed
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
God heard my prayers! That could turn out to be very intersting, can't wait to see Piccolo interacting with them!
precita wrote:The Nameks look too similar to Piccolo to get excited.
They could be similar design wise but we still don't know about their personality, so hold on.
precita wrote:LMAO, is that the red Shenron from GT's Black star Dragonballs?
No. Look more closely.
HeroR wrote:People can like whatever they liked. Super Saiyan 4 isn't a Toriyama's design,
So? It doesn't change the fact that is one of best transformation design of the series. Toriyama is not flawless.
precita wrote:
HeroR wrote:From Dragon Ball Forever in 2004. This is Japan only:
[spoiler]1.Son Goku: 6,235 points
2.Vegeta: 2,527 points
3.Son Gohan: 2,131 points
4.Trunks: 1,487 points
5.Piccolo: 1,176 points
6.Son Goten: 798 points
7.Kuririn: 736 points
8.Majin Buu: 421 points
9.Freeza: 324 points
10.Android No.18: 204 points
11.Mister Satan: 201 points
12.Karin-sama: 185
13.Kame-sennin: 172 points
14.Cell: 170 points
15.Yamcha: 163 points
16.Tenshinhan: 125
17.Bulma: 112 points
18.Android No.17: 98 points
19.Yajirobe: 93 points
20.Videl: 86 points[/spoiler]
That poll having Goten so high above Krillin, Freeza and Buu amuses me. Super refusing to do anything with Goten is mind blowing in the least.
Remember that this is from 2004, 13 years ago, so things obviously had changed from that time to now on, although I think they could do another popularity poll for nowadays.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:03 pm

I dont know what peoples beef is on this. The namekians are asexually reproducing race and the fact they have little diversity in terms of physical appearance is normal. While its true not all namekians look alike, many of them have similar facial features and body types.

Its a byproduct of their genetics.

The namekians of DB online come from an era were the namekian people have been tainted by the dark events of Frieza and Mira, this led the the evil namek clan and the birth of Naraka. It would also explain why so many namekians do not look like your conventional ones.

Also saying this namekian looks like Slug is wrong...

Slug's chin is way more epic!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:10 pm

Noah wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Although all members in other universes had been revelead we still have those two in U4. Why so much mystery behind them? I hope they are a big deal then, maybe the main threat of the tournament as I don't think Jiren deserves that title.
Given there is friction between U4 GoD and Beerus and that Toriyama specifically designed him and of course given how their remaining two are still ??? despite them revealing the remaining U6 members, I think the mortal stronger than a god is one of these two. Jiren is just too obvious imo.

aravinthan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by aravinthan » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:12 pm

Kishido wrote:
Dragonballgod19 wrote:Now I'm wondering
Ultimate state
Or
Super saiyan rage
Where do you see Super Saiyan Rage?

Atleast he can see Ss Rage, I couldn't see the image. It is written as Administive Redunant Image Snip, that too in red letter

aravinthan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by aravinthan » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:18 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

Given there is friction between U4 GoD and Beerus and that Toriyama specifically designed him and of course given how their remaining two are still ??? despite them revealing the remaining U6 members, I think the mortal stronger than a god is one of these two. Jiren is just too obvious imo.

But...........I think I can't digest the fact that Rat god defeated Beerus in ARM WRESTLING! Apart from that, it will be awesome to have the mortal stronger than God in Uni4

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:22 pm

I wonder if or when they're ever going to do another popularity poll, and why they haven't done one yet.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:23 pm

Quitela would not have so much beef with Beerus if he was the one who beat him at arm wrestling. More likely Quitela was beaten by Beerus.

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:26 pm

aravinthan wrote:
Kishido wrote:
Dragonballgod19 wrote:Now I'm wondering
Ultimate state
Or
Super saiyan rage
Where do you see Super Saiyan Rage?

Atleast he can see Ss Rage, I couldn't see the image. It is written as Administive Redunant Image Snip, that too in red letter
Pretty much

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:26 pm

Chuquita wrote:I wonder if or when they're ever going to do another popularity poll, and why they haven't done one yet.
Yeah me too

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:37 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:Quitela would not have so much beef with Beerus if he was the one who beat him at arm wrestling. More likely Quitela was beaten by Beerus.
That's true. Quitela seems to go out of his way messing with Beerus, whereas Beerus just usually responds to it. Beerus doesn't go out of his way to mess with Quitela. I don't think this mortal stronger than a GoD is Jiren, but I certainly don't see it coming from Quitela's universe either. I don't think this mortal is even in the tournament.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:43 pm

aravinthan wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

But...........I think I can't digest the fact that Rat god defeated Beerus in ARM WRESTLING! Apart from that, it will be awesome to have the mortal stronger than God in Uni4
That works even more with the subverting game Toriyama likes to play. The pieces do line up. Nothing is guaranteed obviously but that's my guess.
Jigurashi wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:Quitela would not have so much beef with Beerus if he was the one who beat him at arm wrestling. More likely Quitela was beaten by Beerus.
That's true. Quitela seems to go out of his way messing with Beerus, whereas Beerus just usually responds to it. Beerus doesn't go out of his way to mess with Quitela. I don't think this mortal stronger than a GoD is Jiren, but I certainly don't see it coming from Quitela's universe either. I don't think this mortal is even in the tournament.
They're definitely at the ToP as Whis responded to the question Goku asked whether they stand a chance in the ToP so why would Whis' tell them that if that person wasn't gonna compete?

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:50 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:I dont know what peoples beef is on this. The namekians are asexually reproducing race and the fact they have little diversity in terms of physical appearance is normal. While its true not all namekians look alike, many of them have similar facial features and body types.

Its a byproduct of their genetics.

The namekians of DB online come from an era were the namekian people have been tainted by the dark events of Frieza and Mira, this led the the evil namek clan and the birth of Naraka. It would also explain why so many namekians do not look like your conventional ones.

Also saying this namekian looks like Slug is wrong...

Slug's chin is way more epic!

Namekians can have mustaches? Darn now I wish one of the uni 6 ones did.
Last edited by The_Destroyer on Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:58 pm

Where were the the namekians during all this anyway if not with their team..
Too confident to be with camping with a bunch of a saiyans..?
Can't blame em though, it's not fun standing next to a nuisance..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:45 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:Where were the the namekians during all this anyway if not with their team..
Can't blame em though, it's not fun standing next to a nuisance..
Outside of botaMageta and Kale/Kaulifla how many U6 members are teaming up?
Hit does nice saves but has not teamed up with anyone yet(well soon with Goku and this one kick with Basil) and even then Kale/Kaulifla have not teamed up outside of a beam struggle,heck its more of Kaulifla babysitting her than a team up.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:47 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:Where were the the namekians during all this anyway if not with their team..
Probably meditating.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:01 pm

This is interesting! The namekians! I hope they teach Piccolo something new!

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:13 pm

Xeztin wrote:This is interesting! The namekians! I hope they teach Piccolo something new!
There is a high chance they are gonna be evil..
If a new technique is introduced, it probably isn't going to be a simple them teaching piccolo..
Piccolo replicating it himself would be much more meaningful..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

emi_b7
Beyond Newbie

Post by emi_b7 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:13 pm

Noah wrote: Although all members in other universes had been revelead we still have those two in U4. Why so much mystery behind them? I hope they are a big deal then, maybe the main threat of the tournament as I don't think Jiren deserves that title.
They are the ones playing the smartest game. U4 has 2 hidden fighters and they let everybody else fight. If at the end of the tournament there's only 1 person standing, they don't show their faces and they win just by staying hidden. Great tactic, Quitela best strategist confirmed lol
They only have to show up if everybody else (or at least most of them) from their universe is eliminated and some other universe outnumbers them with little time left in the tournament so, while not being the main threat, I expect them to show up near the end.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:24 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
Xeztin wrote:This is interesting! The namekians! I hope they teach Piccolo something new!
There is a high chance they are gonna be evil..
If a new technique is introduced, it probably isn't going to be a simple them teaching piccolo..
Piccolo replicating it himself would be much more meaningful..
It'd be cool if they had more namekian knowledge than Universe 7. I think I'd like them evil, perhaps they have a super power like the Saiyans universe 7. It seems good hearted races don't have powerful forms/transformations.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:41 pm

Harmira reminds me of final form Bojack with a dinosaur mouth