Could Akkuman kill Powerful DB Villains without Regen ?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

shonenhikada
Banned

Could Akkuman kill Powerful DB Villains without Regen ?

Post by shonenhikada » Sun May 03, 2015 2:40 pm

Signature attack:
Devilmite Beam – His signature attack is also his most devastating. Master Roshi stated that the Devilmite Beam is a force of unimaginable evil, said "to have destroyed more lives than any war or pestilence combined". Taking the form of a spiraling pink laser fired from his fingers, the Devilmite Beam amplifies any dark thought (anger, malice, aggression, arrogance, etc.) and converts it into pure negative energy, which expands in the victim's body until their heart explodes.

If the attack were able to hit beings like let say:

Raditz

Nappa and Vegeta:

Zarbon and Dodori

Ginyu Force

Dr. Gero and Android 19

Pui Pui

Yakon

Dabura

Beerus

Golden Freeza

Would it be able to kill them ?

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Re: Could Akkuman kill Powerful DB Villains without Regen ?

Post by Marco Polo » Sun May 03, 2015 2:44 pm

I don't think it would. What you described is what the technique does when it works. But a technique doesn't always work; see the Mafuba for example.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun May 03, 2015 2:58 pm

I think he could as no limit was put on his technique beyond purity. Though hitting someone with it is another issue entirely. It's kinda like the Kienzan in some cases.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun May 03, 2015 3:01 pm

Beerus is not evil, so it won't work on him.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

One_Instance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by One_Instance » Sun May 03, 2015 3:05 pm

Probably, if you could actually manage to hit them. However, I'm not so sure about 19. It might work on Gero since he was once a human, but 19 is completely artificial, so the attack might not have any effect on him.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun May 03, 2015 3:25 pm

Most of the villains you listed would kill Akkuman even before he be could be given the chance to use the Devilmite Beam. Additionally, Beerus is not a villain and #19 is artificial, so it wouldn't work on them, period.

One_Instance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by One_Instance » Sun May 03, 2015 3:40 pm

A few people are saying it wouldn't work on Beerus because he's not a villain, but correct me if I'm wrong. Didn't Akkuman say that it works on anyone who has any evil in them, regardless of how minuscule that evil is. I don't know about you, but I don't exactly think of Beerus as a pure-hearted person. I mean, he started attacking people of pudding.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun May 03, 2015 3:54 pm

One_Instance wrote:A few people are saying it wouldn't work on Beerus because he's not a villain, but correct me if I'm wrong. Didn't Akkuman say that it works on anyone who has any evil in them, regardless of how minuscule that evil is. I don't know about you, but I don't exactly think of Beerus as a pure-hearted person. I mean, he started attacking people of pudding.
Beerus is neutral. Plus, Majin Boo was being really selfish, despite Beerus trying to be polite as possible.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun May 03, 2015 4:05 pm

One_Instance wrote:A few people are saying it wouldn't work on Beerus because he's not a villain, but correct me if I'm wrong. Didn't Akkuman say that it works on anyone who has any evil in them, regardless of how minuscule that evil is. I don't know about you, but I don't exactly think of Beerus as a pure-hearted person. I mean, he started attacking people of pudding.
Exactly. Even a little bit of evil. Beerus is not pure hearted at all. He's neutral. That means he could theoretically be killed by the technique if he allowed himself to be hit by it. It was expected that Goku would die as just a little bit of malice would be all it takes.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun May 03, 2015 5:45 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:Beerus is not evil, so it won't work on him.
It was never stated that the Devilmite beam only worked on evil people. It works on anyone with an impure heart, which is standard fare for anyone living or has ever lived, except the Son Family.

But it probably won't work on Beerus because he's a God, not some mortal denizen.