"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bullza
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Bullza » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:35 pm

Volume 6 was the first volume not to get on the Oricon sales chart in its fourth week since Volume 2.

Did people not like this saga in Japan is that why the ratings dropped to their lowest point as well?

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:15 pm

Bullza wrote:Volume 6 was the first volume not to get on the Oricon sales chart in its fourth week since Volume 2.

Did people not like this saga in Japan is that why the ratings dropped to their lowest point as well?
The anime definitely helped the sales of the manga. It might also be because this volume was strictly recruitment, which some people might not be interested in.
My explanations for the events of my favorite current manga.

DBS Manga Explained: Goku Black's Transformations

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:08 am

Bullza wrote:Volume 6 was the first volume not to get on the Oricon sales chart in its fourth week since Volume 2.

This was the fifth week , go to the previous week and it was there .... true that had a drop over 10% , same happened with one piece .. sales are dropping i guess.
Volume 6 is great , contains the battle with the gods of destruction
Btw , I just both the volume 3 by viz , and they didn’t update the volume changes like they did in Japan , some minor changes with the original v-jump .. thanks to this web to let us know in their manga guide ...
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/manga/spin-of ... er/vol-03/
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:51 pm

The "Toyo tracing" scandal is to blame. :?

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:28 am

Quick question, who would you guys consider the ideal artist for Dragonball manga outside of Toriyama?

Personally, I think Dragon Garow Lee would probably be the best possible pick for the Dragonball manga. Unlike guys like Toyo and JiJi, I think his panelling and layouts are easily the most dynamic and unique with him not really relying much on extensive referencing like Toyo and JiJi do.

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:05 am

Miracles wrote:

The "Toyo tracing" scandal is to blame. :?
That's probably not true. People on the internet make it out to be worse than it is.
JazzMazz wrote:Quick question, who would you guys consider the ideal artist for Dragonball manga outside of Toriyama?

Personally, I think Dragon Garow Lee would probably be the best possible pick for the Dragonball manga. Unlike guys like Toyo and JiJi, I think his panelling and layouts are easily the most dynamic and unique with him not really relying much on extensive referencing like Toyo and JiJi do.
Dragon Garow Lee works slowly, and by that I mean even slower than Toyotaro.

TKA
Advanced Regular

Post by TKA » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:50 am

JazzMazz wrote:Quick question, who would you guys consider the ideal artist for Dragonball manga outside of Toriyama?
The only person other than Toriyama who has shown to be able to put out decent enough art while also crafting a Toriyama-esque story in the 25+ years this franchise has been around is Toyotaro.

I don't care about artists who spend a week to do 1 drawing with no story. Nor do I care about artists who draw something and then fill it with too much detail and unnecessary lines to make it look "cool".
The Creatives who inspire me: Akira Toriyama, George Lucas, Chris Nolan, J. R. R. Tolkien and Zack Snyder

http://i.imgur.com/XAnj7Yi.jpg

You saw Batman v Superman? Is it the Ultimate Edition? No? Then you haven't seen Batman v Superman. Also, the Snyder Cut is the greatest, non-deconstructionist ensemble comic book film ever made.

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:01 am

The one doing it right now.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:55 am

Marlowe89 wrote:
Same here. He's done a good job since the start and has been getting better.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:55 am

Do you think there's a chance Goku might win in the manga? He said in the recruitment chapter that he would and it stands out as a little suspicious in light of what happened in the anime and Toriyama saying events between the two would continue to be different. :think:

Dragon Garrow Lee or Naho Ooishi. I really liked her work on the Yo! Son Goku manga and her Bardock story had solid visuals.

Youngjiji is great at imitating Nakatsuru's character designs and style but his action is still kinda stiff and his layouts still need some work. SS4 Goku vs Goku Black shows quite a bit of improvement imo.

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:06 am

Anything can happen really. I wonder what everyone would say if Vegeta or Freeza would win the ToP.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:18 am

shadowfox87 wrote:Anything can happen really. I wonder what everyone would say if Vegeta or Freeza would win the ToP.
I think people will start questioning how detailed Toriyama's plot outlines are, and how important they are to Toei and Toyotaro, if the resolution of the ToP arc is different between the manga and the anime. I mean, even though the manga and anime went in two completely different directions with Fused Zamasu, they still converged at the "Zeno destroys the timeline" resolution, so if the manga doesn't have "17 wishes the other universes back" as the ToP arc resolution, there would definitely be questions.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:55 am

Alruneia wrote:
shadowfox87 wrote:Anything can happen really. I wonder what everyone would say if Vegeta or Freeza would win the ToP.
I think people will start questioning how detailed Toriyama's plot outlines are, and how important they are to Toei and Toyotaro, if the resolution of the ToP arc is different between the manga and the anime. I mean, even though the manga and anime went in two completely different directions with Fused Zamasu, they still converged at the "Zeno destroys the timeline" resolution, so if the manga doesn't have "17 wishes the other universes back" as the ToP arc resolution, there would definitely be questions.
I didn't notice that part of my post got cut out. What I was trying to say was that Goku wins and then he gives the Super Dragon Balls to 17 like he said he would in 17's recruitment chapter. The bold is what got cut out. :P

It would still bring us to the same ending, 17 wishing everyone back, just through a different path. It'd suck to see 17 not get his win though.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:31 pm

Alruneia wrote:
It won't be different. It'll still be 17 winning after Goku and Freeza put aside their differences and team up to beat Jiren

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:15 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:I didn't notice that part of my post got cut out. What I was trying to say was that Goku wins and then he gives the Super Dragon Balls to 17 like he said he would in 17's recruitment chapter. The bold is what got cut out. :P

It would still bring us to the same ending, 17 wishing everyone back, just through a different path. It'd suck to see 17 not get his win though.
Well, that changes things a bit!
To answer that, I think the chances of that are pretty low. 17 being the last man standing seems a little too Toriyama-y, if you catch my drift, so I think the anime and manga plots will converge there, and that bit of the story will be the same.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:06 pm

The beginning and ending of a Super arc are always from Toriyama, that much is guaranteed
Get Fucked, C_unt

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:19 pm

sintzu wrote:
Marlowe89 wrote:
Same here. He's done a good job since the start and has been getting better.
The art that is has been really good.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:10 pm

PFM18 wrote:The art that is has been really good.
The story so far has been a close second. Even with its flaws, it's more consistent than the anime's.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:06 pm

sintzu wrote:
PFM18 wrote:The art that is has been really good.
The story so far has been a close second. Even with its flaws, it's more consistent than the anime's.
I can't help but vehemently disagree. I don't think it is a close second nor is it more consistent.

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:29 pm

I can't help but be skeptical regarding whether or not the next chapter will be related to Kale. I was certain that Chapter 36 was going to be Goku vs Jiren part 2, but it immediately cut to other fighters. I wouldn't be surprised if Jiren one shot Kale at the beginning of the chapter, and then we got Gohan vs Obuni, or whatever. Toyotaro has consistently done the opposite of what everybody expected since the start of the tournament, so there is no reason to believe he will stop now.