"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by PurestEvil » Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:50 am

KentMan wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:10 am Hello out there are you fellas liking the joy of waiting for a chapter that comes out once a month?
At least we don’t have to deal will the DB fandom going apeshit weekly, now we deal with it monthly
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

KentMan
Banned

Post by KentMan » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:11 am

Xeogran wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:43 am I got used to that ever since the DBS anime ended. Would prefer bi-weekly myself because the fight-only chapters wouldn't drag too much, but oh well. Schedule is schedule.
I know what you mean reminds me of when I used to wait for the Naruto chapters even than I got bored of waiting

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:12 am

PurestEvil wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:50 am
KentMan wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:10 am Hello out there are you fellas liking the joy of waiting for a chapter that comes out once a month?
At least we don’t have to deal will the DB fandom going apeshit weekly, now we deal with it monthly
Someone give this man a prize.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:20 am

I didn't mind it when the pace was better, after all it's almost 50 pages roughly the output of the original manga monthly.

Ever since Toyotarõ decided to turn 10/15 pages fight's into 50 pages, I don't care much. I even forgot about the December chapter.

KentMan
Banned

Post by KentMan » Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:08 am

LightBing wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:20 am I didn't mind it when the pace was better, after all it's almost 50 pages roughly the output of the original manga monthly.

Ever since Toyotarõ decided to turn 10/15 pages fight's into 50 pages, I don't care much. I even forgot about the December chapter.
The irony is that the TOP manga arc was said by the haters to be rushed and now these same fellas are criticizing him for doing the opposite.

BWri

Post by BWri » Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:24 am

KentMan wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:08 am
LightBing wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:20 am I didn't mind it when the pace was better, after all it's almost 50 pages roughly the output of the original manga monthly.

The irony is that the TOP manga arc was said by the haters to be rushed and now these same fellas are criticizing him for doing the opposite.
I don't see the comparison. One has 4 fighters and the other has like 80. The one with 4 fighters has equal to greater page count. Of course one would feel padded out and one rushed ...
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Geraldo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Geraldo » Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:34 am

If only Toyotaro would have been doing a 50 pages per chapter since day one, this manga could have stacked more moments for the other characters who are NOT Goku or Vegeta, and perhaps to give us a better and thorough Tournament of Power Saga. He's a great artist but the last two arcs (moro and Granolah) really ruined my interest in this franchise and made me miss YuYu Hakusho where all the lesser characters got to play a role in the end (the last confrontation with moro and his goons aside) - even Rinku (the Chiaotzu of that series) reached S-Class in power.

I bet that the Granolah Arc will end in May or in June so it won't conflict with the new "Super Hero" movie.

PurestEvil

Post by PurestEvil » Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:44 am

KentMan wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:08 am

Yeah, both extremes produce unsatisfactory results.

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:01 am

Geraldo wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:34 am If only Toyotaro would have been doing a 50 pages per chapter since day one, this manga could have stacked more moments for the other characters who are NOT Goku or Vegeta, and perhaps to give us a better and thorough Tournament of Power Saga. He's a great artist but the last two arcs (moro and Granolah) really ruined my interest in this franchise and made me miss YuYu Hakusho where all the lesser characters got to play a role in the end (the last confrontation with moro and his goons aside) - even Rinku (the Chiaotzu of that series) reached S-Class in power.

I bet that the Granolah Arc will end in May or in June so it won't conflict with the new "Super Hero" movie.
To be fair..that's less a problem with Toyo and more an issue with DB as a whole. To its credit, the manga version tries its best compared to the anime.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:52 pm

OLKv3 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:43 am
Noah wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:59 pm Huh? Why this thread isn't active as it used before? No people discussing the leaks, no ranting for stuff without proper translation... Is the new movie thread already getting all the focus and attention? Well, I should expect that, in the end the animation will always spark more interest.
Why would people discuss leaks at the end of the month..?
Because it as always been like this? We have leaks like every 17th of the month or such and people reacting through pages until the actual chapter was up. Now, what the hell... 1 month after and just one page of no discussion at all?
kemuri07 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:08 pm Because the forums started making individual threads for each chapter rather than this general thread.
Since when this is permitted? This topic is tilted "Official Discussion Thread" for a reason.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:00 am

Noah wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:52 pm Since when this is permitted? This topic is tilted "Official Discussion Thread" for a reason.
Since November 2021.

For context, all those specific threads are official. And this one is for “overall/holistic discussion regarding the manga, its production, its promotion, its content relation to other parts of the franchise, etc.”

For more details.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:10 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:00 amSince November 2021.

For context, all those specific threads are official. And this one is for “overall/holistic discussion regarding the manga, its production, its promotion, its content relation to other parts of the franchise, etc.”

For more details
Thanks a lot for clarifying that to me, can't believe I missed VegettoEX post annoucing this would happen lol

But, still don't think is a good decision. Why create multiple threads to discuss individualy every chapter when they don't move that much discussion as the anime back then.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:55 pm

Noah wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:10 pm But, still don't think is a good decision. Why create multiple threads to discuss individualy every chapter when they don't move that much discussion as the anime back then.
He also covered that.

Speaking of my own experience, I tend to use the search option very often and sometimes I like to revisit old discussions to see what I can contribute further. This new format comes in handy.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:26 am

Recolorers, rejoice the new recolor!

We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:43 am

I was wondering the colour of the flames... I could've sworn it was going to be fire-like.

KentMan
Banned

Post by KentMan » Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:26 pm

Grimlock wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:26 am Recolorers, rejoice the new recolor!

His eyes are pink???

Issei189
Beyond Newbie

Post by Issei189 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:19 pm

I'm glad they went with Dark purple

PurestEvil

Post by PurestEvil » Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:05 pm

The Fresh Prince of Mauve Hair

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:51 pm

How will Beerus react to Vegeta's new form?

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:53 pm

Peach wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:51 pm How will Beerus react to Vegeta's new form?
React? Didn't Beerus teach him it?