"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Namz
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Namz » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:35 pm

Can we expect spoilers this weekend? Already hyped :D

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:58 pm

Volume 4 is less than 3 weeks away. We seen the cover yet?

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:57 pm

Noah wrote:So you think Goku would try to "Hakai" Jiren...?
No. I'm saying Goku didn't need a new form to master a tech in "Hakai." Something a god of destruction can use.
So I do not believe a new form is necessary for "Ultra instinct," triggered by the spirit bomb in the manga.
Since it is a skill separate from the new form.
Last edited by Miracles on Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:06 pm

TheMikado wrote:
HeroR wrote:
TheMikado wrote:
Yes, exactly that. I don't think its any coincidence that the "thinking without moving" technique should be able to counter the "time skip" technique no matter how short the length of time is.
I feel like Hit was also part of the training for Goku to achieve this technique and ironically still working on perfecting that technique would explain how Goku was able to revive himself after Hit assassinates him. All of this ties so well together that it all can't be coincidence.

As for taking out Beerus and Champa, I don't see why not. If Roshi were fast, skilled, and accurate enough I don't see why he couldn't take out Beerus or Champa that way too. It's about physiology, precision, and timing not power in this case. It's like asking if Goku is too powerful to drown.
It's called No-Limit Fallacy. That is like saying Beerus can Haki anyone.
Ok, why can't he? We know he can't in the manga, but the anime seems to imply he could.
Frieza overcame hakai energy, which means if you are strong enough you can overcome it.

micah007
Not-So-Newbie

Post by micah007 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:31 pm

Namz wrote:Can we expect spoilers this weekend? Already hyped :D
More like next Tuesday at the earliest (10/17/17).

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:32 pm

dragon boss z wrote:Frieza overcame hakai energy, which means if you are strong enough you can overcome it.
You're kidding right?
Freeza had a heart attack overcoming just a little energy from Sidra.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:15 am

Miracles wrote:Freeza had a heart attack overcoming just a little energy from Sidra.
Wasn't he faking?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:48 am

Noah wrote:
Miracles wrote:Freeza had a heart attack overcoming just a little energy from Sidra.
Wasn't he faking?
Faking the damage as if it was eradicating him.
Not that he had to struggle to contain it.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:02 am

TheMikado wrote:
HeroR wrote:
TheMikado wrote:
Yes, exactly that. I don't think its any coincidence that the "thinking without moving" technique should be able to counter the "time skip" technique no matter how short the length of time is.
I feel like Hit was also part of the training for Goku to achieve this technique and ironically still working on perfecting that technique would explain how Goku was able to revive himself after Hit assassinates him. All of this ties so well together that it all can't be coincidence.

As for taking out Beerus and Champa, I don't see why not. If Roshi were fast, skilled, and accurate enough I don't see why he couldn't take out Beerus or Champa that way too. It's about physiology, precision, and timing not power in this case. It's like asking if Goku is too powerful to drown.
Ok, why can't he? We know he can't in the manga, but the anime seems to imply he could.
It would make sense if he can only Haki someone that is weaker than him. If he can Haki anyone, he would be too powerful and would make his character pointless.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:15 am

Miracles wrote:
dragon boss z wrote:Frieza overcame hakai energy, which means if you are strong enough you can overcome it.
You're kidding right?
Freeza had a heart attack overcoming just a little energy from Sidra.
You how logic works right? If Frieza can overcome just a tiny portion of hakai energy, even if it took all of his power and it almost killed him, that still means it can be done, which is what I was saying. So saying Beerus could hakai lets say the Grand Priest, yes that is a no limit fallacy. Obviously Beerus could hakai Frieza.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:36 am

dragon boss z wrote:You how logic works right? If Frieza can overcome just a tiny portion of hakai energy, even if it took all of his power and it almost killed him, that still means it can be done, which is what I was saying. So saying Beerus could hakai lets say the Grand Priest, yes that is a no limit fallacy. Obviously Beerus could hakai Frieza.
You are correct.

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:08 am

Just read the manga again. Saw something very interesting: when Grand Priest said you have to give everything or you will get erased. Beerus then said "AND THERE IT IS....THE TRUE TERROR OF THE KING OF ALL.

Is the manga also foreshadowing that the grand priest is evil/ villain? I think its in panel 30 of this last chapter.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:13 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:
TheMikado wrote:
HeroR wrote:
It would make sense if he can only Haki someone that is weaker than him. If he can Haki anyone, he would be too powerful and would make his character pointless.
Why would it make his character pointless? Look I'm not saying he can or can't for sure. What I'm saying is we have no idea because we have no idea how the technique works and if it is dependent on battle power and if it is, how much? There are some limits in the manga and some in the anime but they are different specifically because Goku tried to Hakai a being stronger than him, we have no idea if Goku could perform the technique on say Beerus if he got the opportunity however we know certain things could counter or null it so it's likely Beerus may know how to prevent or counter the technique. In the anime it seems to be power based, based on Freeza but this isn't the anime we are talking about and the manga has its own rules.

Further the entire point of this discussion was in reference to UI, where I stated that if UI is being utilized as explain than someone the likes of Roshi could tangle with Beerus if mastered as it would be skill and not power based. This began the discussion of No-Limit Fallacy and using Beerus ability to on whether he could Hakai anyone. Based on the manga, it would be likely possible but not probably as there are means to counter it. In the same vein we also know the technique "move without thinking" is not infallible in and of itself and entirely depends on the users focus and skill as evident by Beerus in his exhibition match.

Basically my believe is that it will be used as a means for Goku/Vegeta higher walls rather than just getting more powerful as they have for the last couple decades.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:15 am

Pannaliciour wrote:Just read the manga again. Saw something very interesting: when Grand Priest said you have to give everything or you will get erased. Beerus then said "AND THERE IT IS....THE TRUE TERROR OF THE KING OF ALL.

Is the manga also foreshadowing that the grand priest is evil/ villain? I think its in panel 30 of this last chapter.
I think Beerus is referring to Zen'os proclamation and that he is so impulsive he would destroy anyone on a whim. Beerus is implying that the Grand Priest is merely stating Zen'os rules not making them for him.

micah007
Not-So-Newbie

Post by micah007 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:40 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:
TheMikado wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Or he can use the technique on stronger characters they just have ways to counter/higher resistance but can still be affected by the technique.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:04 am

micah007 wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:
TheMikado wrote:
Or he can use the technique on stronger characters they just have ways to counter/higher resistance but can still be affected by the technique.
Didn't Goku try and haki Merged Zamasu who was still technically stronger than him?

I don't remember what happened, but I feel like it would've worked unless something didn't happen. Any clarification?
How i predict the tournament will end:

micah007
Not-So-Newbie

Post by micah007 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:44 am

TheOne wrote:
micah007 wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:
Didn't Goku try and haki Merged Zamasu who was still technically stronger than him?

I don't remember what happened, but I feel like it would've worked unless something didn't happen. Any clarification?
He did and it was working for a bit until Mai was brought in as a shield by MZ and Goku stopped. From there MZ just regenerated.

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:03 pm

IN the manga beerus admitted that he had no way to destroy an immortal like M Zamasu so the hakai would not have worked regardless. Also if the hakai had no limits why would beerus be scared of zeno or the Grand Priest or why would GoDs be scared of a mortal achieving UI?

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:49 pm

BlueVegerot wrote:IN the manga beerus admitted that he had no way to destroy an immortal like M Zamasu so the hakai would not have worked regardless. Also if the hakai had no limits why would beerus be scared of zeno or the Grand Priest or why would GoDs be scared of a mortal achieving UI?
I don't think anyone is saying it doesn't have limits, but we also saw in the manga that the hakai actually was working and MZamasu had to take a hostage to stop it. As far as its limits no one said there isn't a way to counter it. The thing is we have no idea what the limits are and we certainly don't know if those limits have anything to do with strength. Zeno for example doesn't seem very powerful at all and as for why Gods would be afraid of the power you would still need to catch them off guard and hold them still. Theoretically the UI move without thinking principle could possibly let them anticipate and dodge the hakai attack.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:14 pm

TheMikado wrote:
BlueVegerot wrote:IN the manga beerus admitted that he had no way to destroy an immortal like M Zamasu so the hakai would not have worked regardless. Also if the hakai had no limits why would beerus be scared of zeno or the Grand Priest or why would GoDs be scared of a mortal achieving UI?
I don't think anyone is saying it doesn't have limits, but we also saw in the manga that the hakai actually was working and MZamasu had to take a hostage to stop it. As far as its limits no one said there isn't a way to counter it. The thing is we have no idea what the limits are and we certainly don't know if those limits have anything to do with strength. Zeno for example doesn't seem very powerful at all and as for why Gods would be afraid of the power you would still need to catch them off guard and hold them still. Theoretically the UI move without thinking principle could possibly let them anticipate and dodge the hakai attack.
That's what I was thinking. If you're fast enough to dodge it, you're good. Which I guess doesn't happen often.

It's also kinda weird to think that a hakai attack from Beerus wouldn't kill an immortal seeing as how every partical of them is destroyed.
How i predict the tournament will end: