"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Totamo » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:17 pm

Noah wrote:
Helios518 wrote:Judging from the clothing & face, that looks more like Merged Zamasu.
Please don't tell me Toyotaro will going to skip things to get already in this part of the story :(
if that's the case then how much did toei add

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:20 pm

Noah wrote:
Helios518 wrote:Judging from the clothing & face, that looks more like Merged Zamasu.
Please don't tell me Toyotaro will going to skip things to get already in this part of the story :(
It's a poster, not a chapter preview or something. Unless you think Kaioshin is going to get a bike in the manga.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:52 pm

Neon Z wrote:It's a poster, not a chapter preview or something. Unless you think Kaioshin is going to get a bike in the manga.
No chance of this actually ending to be the chapter cover or somethin'?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:33 pm

Noah wrote:
Neon Z wrote:It's a poster, not a chapter preview or something. Unless you think Kaioshin is going to get a bike in the manga.
It's too large. Chapter covers only take one page, not spreads.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:14 pm

Man I'm real excited for the Goku Black manga arc. It almost feels like I get to re-live the arc we just finished in an entirely new way, especially since he's designing him differently. This is why it's great that the manga and anime are so different. I wonder how he'll handle Black's instant power boosts, or if we'll even see Super Trunks

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:00 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:A new poster will be in some magazine from Toyo tomorrow here's a sneak at his Rosé Black!

It looks awesome can't wait and I'm really curious on how Merged Zamasu will be getting defeated and how much of a difference his take of events will be to Toei's.

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:41 am

I already didn't like the way Toyotarou drew regular Zamasu, so I guess it's only appropriate that I'd also dislike his version of the fused one :lol: Obviously the image isn't super clear, so I can't judge it too harshly until we see a better version, but I loved that the anime gave us such a pretty-boy final villain (well...until he started melting :P), while the manga version looks to be straight up "Mwa ha ha, look at how evil and sinister I am!" So definitely not what I was hoping for...

It's weird, I don't have issues with Toyotarou's art style except his portrayal of Zamasu...
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:48 am

Helios518 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:A new poster will be in some magazine from Toyo tomorrow here's a sneak at his Rosé Black!

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Judging from the clothing & face, that looks more like Merged Zamasu.
when will this be released?

ssj_duelist
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj_duelist » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:20 am

At least v jump is being leaked so expect scans in a few days.

Looks like manga will be way better than anime, far less convoluted, no pointless extra time travel and mafuba nonsense. Hopefully less asspulls as well.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:33 am

I just want Toyotaro to go ahead of anime..
Let the anime take pointers from him.. it will be a lot better in many aspects..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:47 am

Noah wrote:
No it's definitely confirmed to be a special poster to go with the BoG re-release in Saikyo Jump.
Ki Breaker wrote:I just want Toyotaro to go ahead of anime..
Let the anime take pointers from him.. it will be a lot better in many aspects..
Anime will also get ahead though that's the problem.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:08 am

sailorspazz wrote:I already didn't like the way Toyotarou drew regular Zamasu, so I guess it's only appropriate that I'd also dislike his version of the fused one :lol: Obviously the image isn't super clear, so I can't judge it too harshly until we see a better version, but I loved that the anime gave us such a pretty-boy final villain (well...until he started melting :P), while the manga version looks to be straight up "Mwa ha ha, look at how evil and sinister I am!" So definitely not what I was hoping for...

It's weird, I don't have issues with Toyotarou's art style except his portrayal of Zamasu...
I agree. It works against Zamasu's character believing he's in the right. Maybe it's the Goku Black side being emphasized? Of course, we only have one chapter to judge Toyotaro's interpretation. We'll see more of his take soon. Strictly speaking on the designs, he knows he's twisted instead of that element being matter-of-fact/oblivious to himself. I imagine most of Zamasu's minor ticks were left ambiguous with this being the largest difference (relatively) between the same character in both adaptions. I'd argue the same for Gowasu, as well. The major components of their personalities are left in tact when compared. It could be the nature of having to sacrifice detail in a monthly publication, too. However, I don't think it would affect the lifeblood of the artwork. It's probably an intentional discrepancy to view him in the eyes of the protagonists.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:58 am

Nejishiki wrote:
sailorspazz wrote:I already didn't like the way Toyotarou drew regular Zamasu, so I guess it's only appropriate that I'd also dislike his version of the fused one :lol: Obviously the image isn't super clear, so I can't judge it too harshly until we see a better version, but I loved that the anime gave us such a pretty-boy final villain (well...until he started melting :P), while the manga version looks to be straight up "Mwa ha ha, look at how evil and sinister I am!" So definitely not what I was hoping for...

I agree. It works against Zamasu's character believing he's in the right. Maybe it's the Goku Black side being emphasized? Of course, we only have one chapter to judge Toyotaro's interpretation. We'll see more of his take soon. Strictly speaking on the designs, he knows he's twisted instead of that element being matter-of-fact/oblivious to himself. I imagine most of Zamasu's minor ticks were left ambiguous with this being the largest difference (relatively) between the same character in both adaptions. I'd argue the same for Gowasu, as well. The major components of their personalities are left in tact when compared. It could be the nature of having to sacrifice detail in a monthly publication, too. However, I don't think it would affect the lifeblood of the artwork. It's probably an intentional discrepancy to view him in the eyes of the protagonists.
I disagree, I like the obvious notion that in his quest to ascend to a Supreme God he actually ends up looking more demonic. The irony of calling yourself a righteous God while both looking and acting like a straight Devil will likely be lost on a lot of people :(.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:21 am

I don't know, I really like this design. It's going down a more darker and demonic route and I like that. The original pretty boy design for the anime was always kinda... pathetic for me. It really wasn't anything special in my eyes and I honestly hated it. I know that everyone was mostly making jokes about him being a "God" and stuff, but I never really got it.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:38 am

I can't wait for Toyotaro to get ahead of the anime! At least that way it will be relevant again. Spoilers rule!

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:52 am

I can't wait until the end of this arc and the manga has skipped Gohan and Future trunks, vastly shortened the training with Vegeta, gotten rid of any development for kid trunks, omitted the "its okay" moment vegeta says to trunks in episode 50, slipped over bulma a death, has much less back story on black and trunks relationship, shortens and development Zamasu gets, gets rid of trunks ptsd like symptoms and more but people will say it's the better version.

On another note, I wish toyotorou was character designer
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:55 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:I can't wait for Toyotaro to get ahead of the anime! At least that way it will be relevant again. Spoilers rule!
Again, I'm not seeing how the manga being ahead or behind defines it's relevancy. The story moves on it's own accord.
kinisking wrote:I can't wait until the end of this arc and the manga has skipped Gohan and Future trunks, vastly shortened the training with Vegeta, gotten rid of any development for kid trunks, omitted the "its okay" moment vegeta says to trunks in episode 50, slipped over bulma a death, has much less back story on black and trunks relationship, shortens and development Zamasu gets, gets rid of trunks ptsd like symptoms and more but people will say it's the better version.
So, you want the arc to be shortened and have things taken out for no reason?

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:00 am

Bansho64 wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:I can't wait for Toyotaro to get ahead of the anime! At least that way it will be relevant again. Spoilers rule!
Again, I'm not seeing how the manga being ahead or behind defines it's relevancy. The story moves on it's own accord.
kinisking wrote:I can't wait until the end of this arc and the manga has skipped Gohan and Future trunks, vastly shortened the training with Vegeta, gotten rid of any development for kid trunks, omitted the "its okay" moment vegeta says to trunks in episode 50, slipped over bulma a death, has much less back story on black and trunks relationship, shortens and development Zamasu gets, gets rid of trunks ptsd like symptoms and more but people will say it's the better version.
So, you want the arc to be shortened and have things taken out for no reason?
Re-read it. I'm being sarcastic.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:02 am

kinisking wrote: Re-read it. I'm being sarcastic.
But, for what reason? If people say it's the better version, then that's their opinion.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:11 am

Bansho64 wrote:
kinisking wrote: Re-read it. I'm being sarcastic.
But, for what reason? If people say it's the better version, then that's their opinion.
Thanks for educating me on opinion's. I had no former knowledge of them before (Yes, I'm being sarcastic).

It's pretty obvious that there are some people that will shit on the anime and praise the manga even if the manga's story is much less fleshed out.