"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Brettjr25
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Brettjr25 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:37 pm

So, is the assumption based off Goku's showcase with Whis and his staff that he has mastered UI in base already? It happened offscreen in unamed amount of months?

Public Enemy No.1

Post by Public Enemy No.1 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:51 pm

Honestly, I preferred last month's chapter. The battle for "the strongest in the universe" between Goku and Vegeta is unbelievably stale at this point. However, I did enjoy the competitiveness coming from Beerus and Whis. As for the training, I thought that it was rushed and uninteresting. Despite the implication that Goku and Vegeta have significantly improved, the rushed nature of the training made the montage feel insignificant, almost like an afterthought. I also took issue with none of the cast having suspicions about Oil and Maki. I know the Z-Fighters aren't the smartest individuals, but this feels ridiculous. Overall, this chapter feels like it exists to pad out time. Did not care for it.

TKA
Advanced Regular

Post by TKA » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:54 pm

Trouser wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:35 pm Beerus is just jealous of Goku mastering Ultra Instinct before him.
Goku has a MUCH worse mastery of Ultra instinct than Beerus.

Beerus doesn't need to transform to use it.
The Creatives who inspire me: Akira Toriyama, George Lucas, Chris Nolan, J. R. R. Tolkien and Zack Snyder

http://i.imgur.com/XAnj7Yi.jpg

You saw Batman v Superman? Is it the Ultimate Edition? No? Then you haven't seen Batman v Superman. Also, the Snyder Cut is the greatest, non-deconstructionist ensemble comic book film ever made.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:00 pm

DiscountDabi wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:36 pm
Kinokima wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:25 pm
And as for the Heeters telling Granolah that Goku and Vegeta were part of the Freeza force I think they were just piling on reasons for Granolah to hate them.

It’s the same with Goku and Vegeta they must know those two like a challenge so they sell the strongest in the Universe along with Granolah being a villain

The Heeters come off as intelligent while everyone else comes off as idiots lol. Vegeta is a little suspicious but brushes it aside too quickly.
I already gave a pretty good reason as to why Granolah trusts the Heeters. As for Goku and Vegeta, the same thing just happened last arc with The Galactic Patrol. Even Goku alludes to it by saying “The earth isn’t in danger this time.”

Plus, Like Goku is gonna say no when Chi-Chi is getting paid for this. :D
I think your reason why Granolah is so trusting is plausible but I also think Granolah is not very rational when it comes to Freeza or Saiyans so saying Goku & Vegeta are Saiyans who have a connection to Freeza makes Granolah even less rational since he absolutely hates both

As for Goku & Vegeta I think if the Heeters gave them any of the reasons they did they would want to fight. Of course if they didn’t think Granolah was a threat they couldn’t just fight him (and the Heeters want Granolah eliminated) so they needed to add on that he is a villain. The money thing would be more for ChiChi to call Goku. I don’t think Goku would refuse a fight whether ChiChi asked for him to fight or not. But I like that they added the money aspect because it means ChiChi is now on board with Goku fighting when she may normally not be. And if they got Goku they got Vegeta. They really had everything figured out.

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:28 pm

TKA wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:54 pm
Trouser wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:35 pm Beerus is just jealous of Goku mastering Ultra Instinct before him.

Not true, in the ToP Beerus specifically complained that "that jerk Goku pulled off Ultra Instinct before me?!"

Goku has a better command of UI than Beerus, the difference is that Goku had to transform for it.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:52 pm

chichi seems very manipulable for money lately .. but ok :think:
granolah's relationship with his grandfather namekian is part of that character development that is sorely lacking

GalaxyBusterBuu
Not-So-Newbie

Post by GalaxyBusterBuu » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:19 pm

Chi Chi always cared about money tbh. I'm just surprised she didn't think something was up, money or not, you'd think she'd realize there's some ulterior motive when some aliens are propositioning you money so that your husband can fight. Guess the alarm bells weren't ringing in her head.

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:36 pm

GalaxyBusterBuu wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:19 pm Chi Chi always cared about money tbh. I'm just surprised she didn't think something was up, money or not, you'd think she'd realize there's some ulterior motive when some aliens are propositioning you money so that your husband can fight. Guess the alarm bells weren't ringing in her head.
Guess maybe they would’ve been ringing if this wasn’t coming right off the back of Goku and Vegeta working with the galactic police force. To chi chi it’s not surprising for her that her Goku is a hot commodity that aliens are asking for help in enforcing justice. Especially when they are literally offering her weight in gold

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:42 pm

I think it's Chichi finally finding a market for her husband's particular skills.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:48 pm

The only thing is the previous chapter it was stated that the Heeters want Goku & Vegeta to fight Granolah two on one because they want Granolah eliminated. But their research is obviously a bit lacking if they think those two will do this unless the situation gets really desperate. I wonder how all of this great intel could have them miss that bit of important information.

Anyways the set up is fun but I hope it doesn’t end with a typical one sided beat down for either side. I am hoping there will be more to their first fight than that but I also know I am setting myself up for disappointment.

GalaxyBusterBuu
Not-So-Newbie

Post by GalaxyBusterBuu » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:58 pm

I mean, Goku and Vegeta like challenges, but I bet they're gonna be doing a giant 'WTF' when Granolah comes in hot pursuit under the assumption they worked for Freeza(with Vegeta this was correct but not Goku, and for once, Vegeta had nothing to do with this).

Still, do you think Freeza is actually going to something? Like this arc is basically about the affects of his empire had on the galaxy, are they just going to use him as a catalyst for the conflict or is he gonna get involved in the fight at some point, presumably when Granolah sets coarse for him?

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:01 pm

GalaxyBusterBuu wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:19 pm Chi Chi always cared about money tbh. I'm just surprised she didn't think something was up, money or not, you'd think she'd realize there's some ulterior motive when some aliens are propositioning you money so that your husband can fight. Guess the alarm bells weren't ringing in her head.
actually .. I meant that
TKA wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:54 pm

I think that has to do with goku being a saiyan

GalaxyBusterBuu
Not-So-Newbie

Post by GalaxyBusterBuu » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:26 pm

Regardless, it's likely they'll have to do something about the Cereal Dragon Balls, because if they continue to exist....guess how problematic that will be. The old guy will have to go, hopefully he dies of old age instead of being murdered because the Heeters will just abuse their access to the Dragon Balls non-stop if they continue to exist.

ZodiacBeast
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZodiacBeast » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:27 pm

One of the Heeters is going to merge with Seven-Three. Or at least absorb his data. Using the Handy-Dandy Cereal Balls™.

I can feel it.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:06 pm

Really not a fan of the sexual harassment. Jesus Christ, Shueisha.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:09 pm

GalaxyBusterBuu wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:58 pm I mean, Goku and Vegeta like challenges, but I bet they're gonna be doing a giant 'WTF' when Granolah comes in hot pursuit under the assumption they worked for Freeza(with Vegeta this was correct but not Goku, and for once, Vegeta had nothing to do with this).

Still, do you think Freeza is actually going to something? Like this arc is basically about the affects of his empire had on the galaxy, are they just going to use him as a catalyst for the conflict or is he gonna get involved in the fight at some point, presumably when Granolah sets coarse for him?
Vegeta actually doesn’t like challenges..

https://m.imgur.com/a/DcXD1hg

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:11 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:06 pm Really not a fan of the sexual harassment. Jesus Christ, Shueisha.
I hope this a joke. :lol:

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:32 pm

GalaxyBusterBuu wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:58 pm I mean, Goku and Vegeta like challenges, but I bet they're gonna be doing a giant 'WTF' when Granolah comes in hot pursuit under the assumption they worked for Freeza(with Vegeta this was correct but not Goku, and for once, Vegeta had nothing to do with this).

Frieza is going to be involved in this arc for sure, maybe not as a legitimate physical threat we don’t know how strong his golden form is in relation to Goku/Vegeta/Granolah at the moment. But he’s Granolah’s main target and the Heeters want to usurp him and seize his army/empire.

Also heeter gang probably found out that Frieza is currently alive because of his deal with Goku so that can fuel Granolah’s conflict with him.

Also random musing, what if Granolah’s wish to be strongest in the universe isn’t a static thing. And any Goku/Vegeta gains therefore push him up further to still be the strongest in the universe / maybe at the expense of lifespan further. This would make it a real monkeys paw wish. That would be why there’s no cool down if the wishes have negative consequences.

TKA
Advanced Regular

Post by TKA » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:35 pm

Thani wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:28 pm
Not true, in the ToP Beerus specifically complained that "that jerk Goku pulled off Ultra Instinct before me?!"

Goku has a better command of UI than Beerus, the difference is that Goku had to transform for it.
Context is important here. Goku has a better ultra instinct than Beerus when he transforms. Whis tells Goku that what he's doing is Ultra Instinct, but it's a poor application of it because of the stamina drain. He's now training Goku to do what Beerus can do. Beerus has a better grasp on it than Goku.
GodVegetto91 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:09 pm Vegeta actually doesn’t like challenges..

https://m.imgur.com/a/DcXD1hg
Good post.

So many people fundamentally misunderstand Vegeta by lumping him with Goku. Vegeta doesn't like challenges, and doesn't fight and train to better himself. Vegeta just wants to be the best, and that's why Goku always outdoes him. As soon as Vegeta gets to the top, he stops getting better because he doesn't look for challenge.
The Creatives who inspire me: Akira Toriyama, George Lucas, Chris Nolan, J. R. R. Tolkien and Zack Snyder

http://i.imgur.com/XAnj7Yi.jpg

You saw Batman v Superman? Is it the Ultimate Edition? No? Then you haven't seen Batman v Superman. Also, the Snyder Cut is the greatest, non-deconstructionist ensemble comic book film ever made.

PurestEvil

Post by PurestEvil » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:36 pm

ZodiacBeast wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:27 pm One of the Heeters is going to merge with Seven-Three. Or at least absorb his data. Using the Handy-Dandy Cereal Balls™.

I can feel it.
My money is on Gas. His strength has been alluded to throughout the story so far.
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san