"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

kidhero1000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Super's manga by Toyotarō

Post by kidhero1000 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:38 pm

Doctor. wrote:
This is the one case where we don't need to know. Like Beerus and Whis, for instance.
This is the one case where I want to know, I need to know for my own sanity. Before I'm like fuck this whole thing.
Last edited by kidhero1000 on Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He devolved into saying only one word. Time to hit the ol' cosmic trail.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:38 pm

Honestly I'm more concerned with if each of them get at least a decent amount of time to stick around and show off who they are as characters, but that's just me.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:39 pm

kidhero1000 wrote:I'm still wonder how will any of these Uni 6 jobbers are going to be able to genuinely compete with God level Goku/Vegeta more so after a 3 year stint in the ROSAT?
The only likely jobbers are Piccolo and Boo. Even then they do have a chance to perhaps have gotten stronger, or maybe have weaker opponents. I'm betting they both go down early, but that's me. I doubt they'd make all the U6 guys pathetically weak.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:58 pm

All I want is piccolo to get a goddamn power up here it'll be a waste of time to bring him to the tournament only to job if you need a jobber that badly I'm sure gohan is ready for the call.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:53 pm

Chuquita wrote:I hope they at least somewhat cover the 3 year RoSaT training in the TV series. Even if it's only one episode; I've wanted to see Gokû and Vegeta train in the RoSaT together since I first saw that part of the Cell arc where they introduced the place. ( * u * )

Also I really wanna know whose idea in-universe it'll be. Vegeta's? Gokû's? Whis'?
I don't see why they wouldn't, it would be a good time filler to show alongside things like Beerus getting Monaka, Champa doing what ever he will do and whatever may happen with Piccolo, Buu and possibly other characters.

I hope they give us a good 5 or 6 episodes before they get to the planet the tournament is on.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:57 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I hope they at least somewhat cover the 3 year RoSaT training in the TV series. Even if it's only one episode; I've wanted to see Gokû and Vegeta train in the RoSaT together since I first saw that part of the Cell arc where they introduced the place. ( * u * )

Also I really wanna know whose idea in-universe it'll be. Vegeta's? Gokû's? Whis'?
I don't see why they wouldn't, it would be a good time filler to show alongside things like Beerus getting Monaka, Champa doing what ever he will do and whatever may happen with Piccolo, Buu and possibly other characters.

I hope they give us a good 5 or 6 episodes before they get to the planet the tournament is on.
It'd be nice if they do cover all that stuff; I really hope they do. I didn't realize how much I missed the "multiple ongoing storylines" stuff until the F arc really started and the entire episodes became all Freeza practically.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:09 am

I suppose it depends on the tone of the tournament, but I'd love to have introduction episodes for the new characters before the actual tournament. Making the character likable before the tournament can make us want to see them win over Gokuu and the others more.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:01 am

JulieYBM wrote:I suppose it depends on the tone of the tournament, but I'd love to have introduction episodes for the new characters before the actual tournament. Making the character likable before the tournament can make us want to see them win over Gokuu and the others more.
If they intend to keep some of them around even after this arc I would actually like that as well. I really hope at least one of them becomes a main character, especially if Universe 7 loses and the series from that point on has Earth being in Universe 6.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:31 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:I suppose it depends on the tone of the tournament, but I'd love to have introduction episodes for the new characters before the actual tournament. Making the character likable before the tournament can make us want to see them win over Gokuu and the others more.
If they intend to keep some of them around even after this arc I would actually like that as well. I really hope at least one of them becomes a main character, especially if Universe 7 loses and the series from that point on has Earth being in Universe 6.
Goku and team loosing literally never crossed my mind as a possibility, let alone Earth being in Universe 6 from now on. Holly cow! after reading that I'm almost certain that is what will happen. :shock:

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:48 am

Boo have been hated by fans lately,i can see him winning his fight.Many fans also want Piccolo to come back as a relevant character,but i think he's gonna lose his fight.Toriyama likes doing shits like that right ?

Also,i dont know if anyone already mentioned it,but the Universe 6 team resembles the villains of Dragon Ball Z.
Kabe = Vegeta
Frost = Freeza
Magetta = Android
Hit = Cell
Botamo = Majin Boo

And also,do you guys think some of the Universe 6 fighters will become main characters ? As in Gohan/Bulma type main character.Frost is the only one i can see now being a main and fighting alongside Goku and Vegeta in the future.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:52 am

Xeztin wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
Goku and team loosing literally never crossed my mind as a possibility, let alone Earth being in Universe 6 from now on. Holly cow! after reading that I'm almost certain that is what will happen. :shock:
It's actually been a pretty popular theory. It actually works with end of Z as well since outside of a chapter page(which wasn't part of the actual story) none of the characters who don't live on Earth made an appearance.

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:53 am

kidhero1000 wrote:Because know absolutely nothing about any of these guys, their background, nor exactly what type of training they did to get to that level. Doubt they'll be able to get through all that exposition in a monthly 18 page manga. After Seeing Rof I have a very bad feeling a lot of that detail is gonna get glossed over.
This is a trap that a lot of manga fall in to: introduce a bunch of new characters at once and explain a ton about them. When you shift the story to characters that we have no attachment to in a half-ass, flashback/expository sort of way, you end up with something that quickly loses the audience's interest.

There are a lot of characters in Dragon Ball that could have potentially very interesting backstories...but we'll never get anything on that unless Toriyama makes up some tidbit for a guidebook. This is something in his storytelling that is frustrating to some, but for me, he provides just enough detail that allows you to imagine a bunch of possibilities. Don't expect TOO much, but we'll definitely find out some cool stuff about these guys during their fights just like every other Dragon Ball Tournament.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:56 am

SSJ3 Vegeta wrote:Boo have been hated by fans lately,i can see him winning his fight.Many fans also want Piccolo to come back as a relevant character,but i think he's gonna lose his fight.Toriyama likes doing shits like that right ?

Also,i dont know if anyone already mentioned it,but the Universe 6 team resembles the villains of Dragon Ball Z.
Kabe = Vegeta
Frost = Freeza
Magetta = Android
Hit = Cell
Botamo = Majin Boo

And also,do you guys think some of the Universe 6 fighters will become main characters ? As in Gohan/Bulma type main character.Frost is the only one i can see now being a main and fighting alongside Goku and Vegeta in the future.
Those last three are some pretty big stretches. The robot looks nothing like any of the characters from the Jinzōningen arc, the purple guy doesn't really resemble Cell much at all and in fact looks a lot more like Piccolo and then only in the face as he has a totally unique outfit, and lastly the only thing the bear has in common with Buu is that he's a simple design and is fat.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:55 am

My far-fetched theory on Hit is his design is a parody of DBE's Piccolo. I'm probably wrong though. ^^;
*Mostly patiently awaits the next VJump to appear.*
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:03 am

Chuquita wrote:My far-fetched theory on Hit is his design is a parody of DBE's Piccolo. I'm probably wrong though. ^^;
I dont think Hit looks anything like Dragon Ball Evolution Piccolo except for being both bald.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:08 am

SSJ3 Vegeta wrote:
Chuquita wrote:My far-fetched theory on Hit is his design is a parody of DBE's Piccolo. I'm probably wrong though. ^^;
I dont think Hit looks anything like Dragon Ball Evolution Piccolo except for being both bald.
He has a somewhat similar outfit.
Also those names are not confirmed.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:10 am

I know the names aren't confirmed (why I keep calling Mystery Saiyan "Mystery Saiyan"). There's no proper descriptor I can think of for "Hit" though, so for the sake of the topic I'm just using that name for this post.
SSJ3 Vegeta wrote:
I think it's mostly the outfit I'm looking at:
That's why I said far-fetched. ^^;

I'm so anxious for VJump Super manga spoilers; probably more anxious than I am for this upcoming Super episode.
Last edited by Chuquita on Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:11 am

ArchedThunder wrote:Also those names are not confirmed.
Doesnt mean we cant use it.Calling his name even though its not confirmed is better than calling him Purple Cell/Piccolo or whatever.

Chuquita wrote:I think it's mostly the outfit I'm looking at:
That's why I said far-fetched. ^^;
I cant find a full body shot of him (I never watched that damn movie :twisted: ) but yeah,it seems that the upper part of his outfit is very similar to Hit :lol: .

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:26 am

SSJ3 Vegeta wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:Also those names are not confirmed.
Doesnt mean we cant use it.Calling his name even though its not confirmed is better than calling him Purple Cell/Piccolo or whatever.
I'd have to disagree, if the names are fake then people using them will just cause confusion when the real names are revealed.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:33 am

ArchedThunder wrote:I'd have to disagree, if the names are fake then people using them will just cause confusion when the real names are revealed.
When dont even know if the names are fake,it just wasnt confirmed yet.And not only me but most fans often do this.Rember the damn name ''Bills'' ?