More surviving saiyans in Super?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: More surviving saiyans in Super?

Post by Basaku » Mon May 25, 2015 10:04 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote: -And because why not why not let her marry Yamacha?
There's nothing in the universe that could make poor Yamcha relevant again, even marrying the LSSJ herself :lol:

vegitot
Beyond Newbie

Post by vegitot » Tue May 26, 2015 11:23 am

Another saiyan,another super saiyan...So cheap

Sanyo96

Post by Sanyo96 » Wed May 27, 2015 5:14 am

Turles, Broly, and Paragus are non-canon. Tarble is the only canon surviving Saiyan due to him being mentioned in BoG. It's possible there are more Saiyans, but they would be far weaker than Goku or Vegeta.

Basaku

Post by Basaku » Wed May 27, 2015 9:44 am

Sanyo96 wrote:Tullece, Broly, and Paragus are non-canon. Tarble is the only canon surviving Saiyan due to him being mentioned in BoG. It's possible there are more Saiyans, but they would be far weaker than Goku or Vegeta.
Make a love circle and slap a SSG on them then. The more I think about it the more silly the technique to achieve this form seems. Gonna be fun watching how they excuse why the love circles can't be done for Gohan, Goten, Pan, Trunka or Bra even tho they did it for Goku/Vegeta.

Dbzk1999
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dbzk1999 » Wed May 27, 2015 9:47 am

Basaku wrote:
Sanyo96 wrote:Tullece, Broly, and Paragus are non-canon. Tarble is the only canon surviving Saiyan due to him being mentioned in BoG. It's possible there are more Saiyans, but they would be far weaker than Goku or Vegeta.
Make a love circle and slap a SSG on them then. The more I think about it the more silly the technique to achieve this form seems. Gonna be fun watching how they excuse why the love circles can't be done for Gohan, Goten, Pan, Trunka or Bra even tho they did it for Goku/Vegeta.
Most likely because they can't retain the form

Basaku

Post by Basaku » Wed May 27, 2015 9:49 am

Dbzk1999 wrote:Most likely because they can't retain the form
Because the writers are desperate to keep everything new and shiny for Goku & Vegeta exclusively

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed May 27, 2015 10:44 am

Basaku wrote:
Are Broly, Turles or Paragus pure hearted? No. So they can't do the ritual.

Basaku

Post by Basaku » Wed May 27, 2015 11:04 am

Lord Beerus wrote: Are Broly, Tullece or Paragus pure hearted? No. So they can't do the ritual.
Well this topic talks about new Saiyans so wasn't really thinking about old non-canon evil ones

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed May 27, 2015 11:47 am

Basaku wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: Are Broly, Tullece or Paragus pure hearted? No. So they can't do the ritual.
Well this topic talks about new Saiyans so wasn't really thinking about old non-canon evil ones
Sorry. When you said "Make a love circle and slap a SSG on them then", I thought you referring to those Saiyans.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Wed May 27, 2015 1:24 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Basaku wrote:
Sorry. When you said "Make a love circle and slap a SSG on them then", I thought you referring to those Saiyans.
Broly is pure-hearted. He's just misunderstood.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

voltlunok
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by voltlunok » Wed May 27, 2015 1:33 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: Sorry. When you said "Make a love circle and slap a SSG on them then", I thought you referring to those Saiyans.
Broly is pure-hearted. He's just misunderstood.
Broly truly is pure hearted and misunderstood! Can't you see?! ;^;
Anyways! like I said before about this, I'd really only like it if it was a mini arc or possibly something interesting like a pacifist saiyan.
Going on hiatus. Too much stuff in RL to deal with for me to keep up with posts here for now. Was fun, hope you all have a nice day and future! Volt signing off.

With the many years on the net I've spent...I've learned being polite takes you much further then being a dick. So...lesson here is! Don't be a dick!

"Fill up your stomach and your happiness! " - Cure Honey

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Wed May 27, 2015 3:47 pm

voltlunok wrote: Anyways! like I said before about this, I'd really only like it if it was a mini arc or possibly something interesting like a pacifist saiyan.
Tarble kinda gives me the vibe of a pacifist Saiyan. At least as much as Gohan was, not wanting to hurt people but forced to find ways to stop them... aka "go get Vegeta".

I agree if there's any new Saiyan she/he *should* be just as strong as Nappa at most. The only excuse for a "stronger Saiyan", like Vegeta's level during the Saiyan arc, would be that she/he has been living on a planet with x100 gravity all this time, going pass the limits of a common Saiyan. It would put him or her nicely just in the range of getting a little stronger during the series and then get SSJ, because, let's be honest, they would give them the transformation sooner or later.
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

Eire
Advanced Regular

Post by Eire » Wed May 27, 2015 4:53 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote: Broly is pure-hearted. He's just misunderstood.
He is pure hearted. The only problem is that some find his heart full of pure hate a bit problematic.
Per aspera ad astra, man!

Women belong in the kitchen.
Men belong in the kitchen.
Everyone belongs in the kitchen, the kitchen has food

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:31 pm

Unless it's Raditz I don't want no more Saiyans.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:03 pm

Broly is a born Super Saiyajin. So I think he could be an exception for a Super Saiyajin God ritual and it could still work even if he would not have a classic Super Saiyajin heart.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:06 pm

Cetra wrote:Broly is a born Super Saiyajin. So I think he could be an exception for a Super Saiyajin God ritual and it could still work even if he would not have a classic Super Saiyajin heart.
I'm pretty sure his hair was dark brown when he was born. :eh:
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:09 pm

soulnova wrote:
Cetra wrote:Broly is a born Super Saiyajin. So I think he could be an exception for a Super Saiyajin God ritual and it could still work even if he would not have a classic Super Saiyajin heart.
I'm pretty sure his hair was dark brown when he was born. :eh:
Yeah, I don't mean that his base born form is a Super Saiyajin. But from what I have always heard Broly already was a Super Saiyajin at that time. With that I do not mean "he was in that state". If that's not true it'd be just another proof why it is good I normally never believe anyone. I thought it was directly out of an official source.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:18 pm

*shrugs*

He was born with an abnormally high power level and was feared he was the LSSJ... which I guess is more of a title at that point. A self fulfilling prophecy?

Sadly, I don't think we will ever see base Broly ever again. :( I liked Base Broly... :shifty:

voltlunok
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by voltlunok » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:01 pm

soulnova wrote:*shrugs*

He was born with an abnormally high power level and was feared he was the LSSJ... which I guess is more of a title at that point. A self fulfilling prophecy?

Sadly, I don't think we will ever see base Broly ever again. :( I liked Base Broly... :shifty:
I don't think Broly was really feared for possibly being the LSSJ. I think King Vegeta feared his pontential, as a baby he had a power level that was close to a mid range adult saiyan warrior. If Broly was formally trained and raised, his power level could possibly dwarf the royal family and cause the saiyans to possibly overthrow the royal family in favor of the much more powerful Broly. But that's really just my opinion.
Going on hiatus. Too much stuff in RL to deal with for me to keep up with posts here for now. Was fun, hope you all have a nice day and future! Volt signing off.

With the many years on the net I've spent...I've learned being polite takes you much further then being a dick. So...lesson here is! Don't be a dick!

"Fill up your stomach and your happiness! " - Cure Honey

Ushabtis
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ushabtis » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:41 pm

Only saiyan I want to come back is Raditz, that guy needs some love. I'd also like to see Bardock. I think it'd be cool if Goku meet his dad in the after life or something, could set up a touching scene.

I was thinking about how more saiyan could show up and its hard for me to come up with a decent answer. (apart from bunch of saiyan escape hell, time travelers, or something like that) Since Frieze blew up planet Vegeta, like what 35+ years ago, wouldn't any surviving saiyans have to be at least goku's age? (unless a female saiyan and a male saiyan survived, hooked up, and had kids) Aren't the saiyans getting too old? I can't come up with a reason where an saiyan can come out of no where and be even close to Goku/Vegeta's power level, heck even Gohan's power level.
Jaco the Super Elite with The Great Saiyaman fighting crime for a spin-off series. Make it happen Toriyama