Best and Worst Transformations from the Past 6 Years

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Best and Worst Transformations from the Past 6 Years

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Sun May 24, 2015 6:53 am

Ever since Vegeta and Broli first received Super Saiyan 3 in '09 as part of both Dragon Battlers and Raging Blast, it feels like the past few years have been filled with an endless slew of new forms and transformations being added to the franchise. A lot of these tend to be hit or miss, but are there any of them that you particularly like or dislike? Be it from Heroes, or the new films, I'd love to know why.

To be honest, I'm pretty apathetic toward the majority of them. My responses tend to be along the lines of, "Heh, that's kinda neat," or "Eh, whatever they need to do to make money." I think this is mostly down to the fact that most of them exist in either self-contained material or in content that doesn't really affect me in any way; Heroes is an obvious example of that. To me, they are mostly just...there. This attitude might change depending on what we see in Super, however. Hmm, yes. July will be most interesting. :twisted:

But this thread isn't about me. I'm interested to know what everyone else thinks. Do any of you have opinions that are a bit stronger than mine?
Last edited by DragonBoxZTheMovies on Sun May 24, 2015 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Re: Best and Worst Transformations from the Past 6 Years

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun May 24, 2015 7:34 am

The Best for me would be Golden Frieza. I love this form.

Evil Bardock - Oozaru Form

Super Saiyan God. While SSGSS has grown on me SSG is still the better of the two in my eyes.

Kid Buu with Babidi absorbed (I just really like the look)

And the Kings of Destruction, a nice why to make lesser villains relevant again.

The worst.....oh boy here we go!

This lime colored abomination

Super 17 w/ Android 16 absorbed. The laziest and lamest transformation I have ever seen.

Super 17 w/ Cell absorbed. The second laziest and lamest transformation I have ever seen.

Last edited by Lord Frieza on Sun May 24, 2015 8:00 am, edited 4 times in total.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun May 24, 2015 7:42 am

Vegeta's Ssj3 : His power was equal to Goku at the end of the Buu arc so if that level of power was enough to enable Goku to reach it then Vegeta is able to as well.

Broly's Ssj3&4 : I think he'd have the easiest time reaching 3 due to his huge power level but there's no way he's be able to control himself in the golden Ozaru form so giving him Ssj4 doesn't make any sense.

Future Trunks's Ssj3 : He can't go back into the time chamber so there's no way for him to reach it.

Future Gohan's Ssj3 : If he spends 2 years in the time chamber after reaching Ssj2 then he'd have to problem reaching Ssj3.

Gt Trunks's Ssj3 : he probably can't go Ssj1 anymore let alone 3.

Ssjg : It's a great way to keep the current forms relevant so for the time being there's no need to introduce new ones which is good.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun May 24, 2015 8:42 am

Hmm, I think SSJ3 looks the most badass. Worst? Blue Super Saiyan in F.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Sun May 24, 2015 10:54 am

The entire point of Super Saiyan 3 was how ridiculous it was, and in the context of the Buu arc, it made sense. Just passing it out to Vegeta, Broly, and Trunks in the games reeks of a misunderstanding of the form/lack of care. Super Saiyan 1 is the legendary transformation that brings fear in the heart of Freeza; that's the uber-serious transformation the power-level-obsessed are supposed to get hard for. Super Saiyan 3 is Goku and Gotenks fucking around because back in 1995 it was supposed to be the end of Dragon Ball, so why not go for broke?
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun May 24, 2015 12:22 pm

Ssjg Gokû will remain my favorite. He ursurped kaio-ken, and I loved the kaio-ken.

Worst easily lime green oozaru Brolli, though he is hilarious, he's also hilariously awful.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun May 24, 2015 12:55 pm

Best:

Came out of no where! Very nicely designed too. I love his face and arms. Would not mind to have seen this in GT.

Worst:

A disgrace to all transformation in fiction. Just straight taco Bell bullshit Imo. Just a hideous form to look at
Last edited by TheGmGoken on Sun May 24, 2015 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

shinmaru
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shinmaru » Sun May 24, 2015 12:56 pm

Best is ssjblue & G-Freeza, even if I dont like it like ssj1 at least it's better than all those Heroes fan transformations.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun May 24, 2015 12:58 pm

Besides the "what-if" Buu absorptions, all the transformations in the past 6 years have been godawful. Either completely unoriginal or color swaps...
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun May 24, 2015 2:01 pm

I actually somewhat like Golden Freeza, and SSJG.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun May 24, 2015 6:30 pm

Best:
- SSJGSSJ
- SSJG
- Golden Freeza
- Baby Janemba

Worst:
- SSJ4 Broly
- Golden Oozaru Broly
Last edited by Lord Beerus on Sun May 24, 2015 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sun May 24, 2015 6:48 pm

Best
-Baby Janemba
-SSJ3 Trunks
-SSJG

Worst
-Golden Freeza
-Golden Oozaru Broly
-S17 with 16/Cell absorbed
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun May 24, 2015 6:54 pm

I like both of the Super Saiyan God forms. I love the designs, especially the magenta one.

As for worst, anything they've done to Bardock lately. The whole point of his character was that he died. Let the man stay dead already.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sun May 24, 2015 6:59 pm

Best: SS God SS
Worst: SS God

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Sun May 24, 2015 7:16 pm

Best:
-Super Saiyan God
-Baby Janemba
-Babidi Boo

I really like Super Saiyan God ever since I watched the movie, the colors along with the porpotions makes the form look different in a "WHOA" kinda way, I like it. Then there's those 2 assholes, Baby Jamemba is kinda stupid if you think about it, I mean, how the hell would Baby absorb Janemba? But it looks cool I guess. Babidi Boo is something that I honestly expected to happen in the series at some point so there's that.

Worst:
-Everything else Heroes gave us
-Golden Freeza to some extend

Now besides the absortion Heroes gave us, everything else is SSJ3 slapped onto every character they can imagine, Golden Oozaru and SSJ4 and Broly (why!?) and Super 17 absorbing 16, which, doesn't change him in the slighest with the exception of making him bulkier? Whatever, looks dumb, I don't care.
Golden Freeza is a tricky one, I like that the design is different and not a single colorswap, sure that's neat; I also understand why it would be gold (Freeza thinks gold=power due to Super Saiyan, yadda yadda). The result however? It's just ugly and clashes with the other forms. The way I would do it? Keep the design but essentially give it the colors of the regular Final Form Freeza but inverse.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun May 24, 2015 7:27 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Best:
- SSJGSSJ
- SSJG
- Golden Freeza
- Baby Janemba

Worst:
- SSJ4 Broly
- Golden Oozaru Baby
But Baby is almost 20 years old.

I like the movie transformations to an extent. It is more the names that I dislike.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun May 24, 2015 7:40 pm

Cetra wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Best:
- SSJGSSJ
- SSJG
- Golden Freeza
- Baby Janemba

Worst:
- SSJ4 Broly
- Golden Oozaru Baby
But Baby is almost 20 years old.
Sorry, I meant to say Golden Oozaru Broly. Not Baby.

SSJ Human
Regular

Post by SSJ Human » Sun May 24, 2015 8:41 pm

I like both Super Saiyan God and Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan.

As for characters in particular, I liked Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta and hated Super Saiyan 3 Broly. I don't even dislike the character, but he did not deserve that transformation.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon May 25, 2015 2:16 am

B wrote:The entire point of Super Saiyan 3 was how ridiculous it was, and in the context of the Buu arc, it made sense. Just passing it out to Vegeta, Broly, and Trunks in the games reeks of a misunderstanding of the form/lack of care. Super Saiyan 1 is the legendary transformation that brings fear in the heart of Freeza; that's the uber-serious transformation the power-level-obsessed are supposed to get hard for. Super Saiyan 3 is Goku and Gotenks fucking around because back in 1995 it was supposed to be the end of Dragon Ball, so why not go for broke?
I didn't really think about the question being past 6 years... And I've always thought SSJ3 was super badass, and I still think so. It looks so cool

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Mon May 25, 2015 10:30 am

I think the worst transformation in the past six years was Super Saiyan Bardock.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.