Episode #0015 (26 February 2006)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0015 (26 February 2006)

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:27 pm

Episode #0015 (download MP3)
22:55; 64 kbps, mono; 10.5 MB

Episode #0015! VegettoEX, Julian, and Meri once again discuss the lack of news (March will be exciting, though!), and share some of their favorite utterly-absurd sound effects from the show. Mechanical-walking? Farts? What kind of show is this?! A couple fun e-mails round us out for the week. Referenced sites: Whee! Go ahead and grab it. Big thanks to godofchaos for hosting the insane *fifteen* episodes, now.

We had to be gone for the entire weekend, so we recorded an abbreviated (yet full) episode Friday evening... which was our regular recording time, anyway, but since I had to both record and edit right then, it couldn't be as long as usual. That doesn't mean we're missing anything, though! It's a full episode! All segments! Humor! Information! More comedy! Etc.!

Have fun!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

masenko
Beyond Newbie

Post by masenko » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:11 pm

Awesome Podcast! I actually enjoyed it when it was shorter because I didn't have to sit at my computer for an hour straight. Great Job.
"I GOTTA GAMBLE EVERYTHING I GOT ON THIS ONE FIST!!!!" - Son Goku, Tale 160

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:30 pm

Thanks for answering my question...and thanks Julian for for the little Kokoro no Chizu chime...and thanks for the Kid Buu impression XD

I'm also kinda partial to the 'stepping' noise. I think I remember Yi Xin Long using it as well. Look forward to next episode :>

MultilangDBZ
Beyond Newbie

Post by MultilangDBZ » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:44 pm

Nice podcast.

About the Complete BGM Collection, a lot of the Boo Saga music is on it on Disc 3, especially the most important pieces used. I think this should've deserved a mention considering many like myself have been searching for these pieces for a long time. Also I found the added tracks of Head-Cha-La variations, Bridge Collection and Gohan's theme on Disc 1 to be very listenable. So, I would say that I'm satisfied with the Collection.

The sound effect which I found weird, yet memorable, was whenever Cell flew - the airplane/propeller sound effect.

Oh and VegettoEX, you sounded chou high - did you overdose on coffee that day? :)
The analytical enigma. 分析性的不解之谜.

Casual Matt
Advanced Regular

Post by Casual Matt » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:09 pm

Kirbopher wrote:I'm also kinda partial to the 'stepping' noise. I think I remember Yi Xin Long using it as well. Look forward to next episode :>
Yeah, Yi Xing Long, Broli, Cell, and probably some others used that walking sound effect.

TheMajinRedComet
Patreon Supporter

Post by TheMajinRedComet » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:21 pm

Great Podcast, and Vegetto EX once the movie box comes out could you possibly do a comparison of the DVD quality between Funi's movie dvds and the Japanese movie box, just like you did for the dragon box. I’m just curious how much they cleaned them up.
Hiei: "So tell me - what's it like living in a constant haze of Stupidity?"
Hiei: "I know as much about games as I do puppies and huggs....Wake me up for the end of world"
Welcome to Super Vegeta's Big Bang Attack.... Welcome to Oblivion!!!
Remember "When things get weird, skip the last saga"-Chris Sabat

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:28 am

Rather then just email you guys, I'll post.

Sensei, great singing!! I demand We Are! from you next week!! *LOL*

As usual you guys are real fun to listen to, like I said in my first email, if I was dying from a tumor, I'd personally rip myself open with my bare (preferably sterilized) hands and tear that bugger off of me.

WE ARE!!! (DAIZEX GANG VERSION)

~YBM
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:30 am

I enjoyed that short little podcast.
Can't wait to hear more about the stuff that comes out in March, particularly the Movie Box and how the Movie 12 dub goes.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:38 am

Kirbopher wrote:Thanks for answering my question...and thanks Julian for for the little Kokoro no Chizu chime...and thanks for the Kid Buu impression XD

I'm also kinda partial to the 'stepping' noise. I think I remember Yi Xin Long using it as well. Look forward to next episode :>
I have to admit I never thought I'd hear anyone imitating Naruto on one of the podcasts, but it's welcome. And a nice short podcast that got to thing rather quickly.

Brad Redfield
Regular

Post by Brad Redfield » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:57 am

Great podcast!

And Julian, I know the sound you're thinking of: http://media.putfile.com/DBZ-shock

Holy shit I love that sound! :D It works great in One Piece too. There's another sound I love, you can hear it in Budokai 2 when a message pops up. It goes: Cha-kog-ooooh, like a martial arts movie sound.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:13 am

Thanks for reading my e-mail.
Heh, it sounded like you said "No Way" when you said Norway.
Oh, and one last thing, I forgot to write thanks for teaching me proper English grammar :)
(You may remember how horrible I was a couple of years ago :)

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:11 pm

Super Sonic wrote:
Kirbopher wrote:Thanks for answering my question...and thanks Julian for for the little Kokoro no Chizu chime...and thanks for the Kid Buu impression XD

I have to admit I never thought I'd hear anyone imitating Naruto on one of the podcasts, but it's welcome. And a nice short podcast that got to thing rather quickly.
Yeah, that "I gotta take a $#!+! Believe it!" line was joke from Maria Vu (who's a VA from FUNimation).

JAKEMAN
Beyond Newbie

Post by JAKEMAN » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:25 pm

One sound effect I always liked was the scouter sound effect.
Remember these things I tell you
*Dragonball GT: The GT Stands for Good Tunes
DS Friend Code

DBZ MAN
Regular

Post by DBZ MAN » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:24 pm

Kirbopher wrote:
Yeah, that "I gotta take a $#!+! Believe it!" line was joke from Maria Vu (who's a VA from FUNimation).
HAHAHAHA, That was Randomly Funny, came out of nowhere :lol:
http://dbz-man.deviantart.com/

unrealperson4564

Post by unrealperson4564 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:09 pm

Whoa, great podcast.

Short, sweet, and to the point. Mike teleporting, fart noises, and a song all in one podcast. Broli's steps sounded sorta squeaky to me though, like a broken down car with rubber hydroilics...@_@. Anyways, great podcast and keep up the good work. Also I can't wait for March's news!
Some may ask "What is a signature?". Is it a witty comment that is added to your post to make someone laugh? Is it an intelligent statement or quote to cause one to think? Or is it simply a fancy way of writing your name? I guess I'll take number three. UNREALPERSON

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:07 pm

unrealperson4564 wrote:Whoa, great podcast.

Short, sweet, and to the point. Mike teleporting, fart noises, and a song all in one podcast. Broli's steps sounded sorta squeaky to me though, like a broken down car with rubber hydroilics...@_@. Anyways, great podcast and keep up the good work. Also I can't wait for March's news!
Agreed, the stepping sound sounds more like a squished rubber duckie than a mechanical something to me. I remember the sound that the computers on Freeza's (and others') ship would make whenever they focus in on something.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Snail

Post by Snail » Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:33 pm

Great podcast! One sound effect I've heard that was pretty much unecessary, and queer sounding, occured in Dragonball Z Budokai. During the scene in the game where Kuririn gets absorbed by Cell, around there...Yamcha and Tien in the background start to get all tensed up. Next thing you know Yamcha jerks his fist back and it makes a sound that sounded extremely similar to a fart sound...haha. Anyhow, check it out.

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:34 pm

Oh, I just remembered another sound: the knuckle cracking. I know it's kinda essential to an action anime, but the sound just doesn't sound like and actual knuckle cracking. It sounds like someone's snarfing down their lunch while they were doing the sound effect.

Another thing for the podcast: I know that the furry Goku in the SSJ3 episode mentioned in the podcast looks like an inspiration for SSJ4 in DBGT, but wasn't that "form" shown in one of Vegeta's flashbacks in the Saiyan Saga? He was talking about the legendary Super Saiyan, when it shows something that looks like a golden SSJ4. That's probably where the idea was originally from, if not earlier.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:58 am

One question, why is the BGM Collection refered to as the "Complete BGM Collection?" o_o As far as I can see on CDJapan and Amazon.co.jp, it's simply refered to as the BGM Collection on the listing and the cover. Where'd the "complete" come from? o_O

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:58 am

DaemonCorps wrote:
Another thing for the podcast: I know that the furry Goku in the SSJ3 episode mentioned in the podcast looks like an inspiration for SSJ4 in DBGT, but wasn't that "form" shown in one of Vegeta's flashbacks in the Saiyan Saga? He was talking about the legendary Super Saiyan, when it shows something that looks like a golden SSJ4. That's probably where the idea was originally from, if not earlier.
Can you show a screenshot of this?