Can Whis and Beerus breathe in space?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheDevilsCorpse

Re: Can Whis and Beerus breathe in space?

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:55 pm

Yeah, but Resurrection F shows Whis can create a barrier for people who need to breath to survive in. So they could have just been using that every time the blew something up, but it appears they don't need it.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:38 am

DB super pretty much answered this, I guess.

singsing
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by singsing » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:06 pm

Friezacooler wrote:DB super pretty much answered this, I guess.
Wait I thought it wasn't out yet... what happened?

GokuRules987
Banned

Post by GokuRules987 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:57 pm

here is your answer

yes beerus and whis can breathe in space just like in that battle of gods movie and in the latest dragon ball super manga chapter after beerus blows up the planet because the caterpillars tried to poison him.

Now on the second image i am not promoting any piracy i am merely showing a feat in well intellectual conversation.
My Intelligence level is over 9000!!!

supercat
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by supercat » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:06 pm

Well I always assumed that Beerus and Whis' method of travel somehow encapsulated the duo, but if the new manga shows them in space then I guess that answers the question.

Either way, it seems like it would make way more sense for them to be able to breathe in space.

Alex9196
Beyond Newbie

Post by Alex9196 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:35 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:It's impossible to breath in space unless you're a freak of nature like Cell or a space alien like Freeza. Beerus, while a God, is still a mortal being that needs to eat, drink, sleep and breath like any other living organism to survive. Whis, though, I'm not entirely sure about. He is a God, yes, but with the abilities he's shown, how much a mortal he truly is still up for debate.
Furiiza is also a "mortal being" and has that ability. and if a space alien can do that, why couldnt a god do it? besides i am sure that Furiiza was also seen eating and drinking on several occasions over DBZ.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:08 pm

Alex9196 wrote:
Furiiza is also a "mortal being" and has that ability. and if a space alien can do that, why couldnt a god do it? besides i am sure that Furiiza was also seen eating and drinking on several occasions over DBZ.
Because Freeza survives in space due to not having a need to actually breathe, unlike most beings, which includes gods.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:12 pm

I think Whis just puts up a forcefield around them. Unless Toriyama retracts his comment in his interview about Beerus and SSJG Goku having just enough oxygen to breathe in BoG.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:17 pm

They standing in the middle of a super nova, so I doubt breathing in space would be much problem for them lol.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:01 pm

Of course they can during the trailer they were in and the manga so they can obviously survive in space :lol:

SuperSayanJim

Post by SuperSayanJim » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:22 am

Scientifically speaking, nobody can breathe in space as space is all vacuum. Replying to your question, no, Whis and Beers can't breathe in space, they probably don't need to breathe at all.

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:47 am

SuperSayanJim wrote:Scientifically speaking, nobody can breathe in space as space is all vacuum. Replying to your question, no, Whis and Beers can't breathe in space, they probably don't need to breathe at all.
You're arguing semantics. :lol: What most people mean when they ask if someone can breathe in space is if they can survive in space.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:28 am

shonenhikada wrote:
supercat wrote:
Doctor. wrote:You can't breathe in space since space is a vacuum, that's why I said they probably don't have the need to breathe if they can travel through space all the time.
So barring Whis' ability to create a barrier, if either him or Beerus were caught in the explosion of a planet, would you say that there is a chance that they wouldn't be able to survive in space?

No both would die.This is why they created a barrier in Revival of F. The problem with this is why didn't Vegeta do the same.
Didn't he make it so the others wouldn't suffocate?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:33 am

ekrolo2 wrote:Didn't he make it so the others wouldn't suffocate?
Yea. That's especially apparent now considering in Super they're just sitting in outer space without any barrier whatsoever.

DragonFanJSpd619

Post by DragonFanJSpd619 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:30 am

Yes, they indeed can, in the beginning of Dragon Ball Super they were out in space when they had noticed both Vados and Champa in their Universe, and Whis was not warping and it was not on world, they were in a vacuum.