Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:44 pm

Last edited by Kenneth La Torre on Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

QuakingStar
Regular

Post by QuakingStar » Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:14 pm

GTx10 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:59 pm Beast Gohan hitting UI Goku isn't special. Jiren did it. Moro and Granolah did as well. But generally UI Goku can't be hit and that is the point.

Beast can be stronger but if he can't hit or rarely hits UI Goku then what is the point of all that power? (Plus UI Goku gets hit when his stamina lowers)

Also didn't Black Freeza beat up Goku while he was tired and weak?

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:30 pm

QuakingStar wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:14 pm
GTx10 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:59 pm Beast Gohan hitting UI Goku isn't special. Jiren did it. Moro and Granolah did as well. But generally UI Goku can't be hit and that is the point.

Beast can be stronger but if he can't hit or rarely hits UI Goku then what is the point of all that power? (Plus UI Goku gets hit when his stamina lowers)

Also didn't Black Freeza beat up Goku while he was tired and weak?
Oh my bad, was i supposed to hide my reply? If i spoiled anyone, deeply sorry.

But yes, the multiplier has to be insane. And thank you for bringing kales form as an example. I forgot about her existence and the fact her ssj form is also an astronomically huge mutliplier. More evidence to the hypothesis.

QuakingStar
Regular

Post by QuakingStar » Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:09 pm

QuakingStar wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:14 pm
GTx10 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:59 pm

Sanity's_Theif
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Sanity's_Theif » Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:39 am

CortoMaltese wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:10 am

Block88
Beyond Newbie

Post by Block88 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:30 pm

Sanity's_Theif wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:39 am
TRUE UI isn't strong than the silver form

Sanity's_Theif
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Sanity's_Theif » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:27 am

Block88 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:30 pm

QuakingStar
Regular

Post by QuakingStar » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:33 am

Issei189
Beyond Newbie

Post by Issei189 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:36 am

Sanity's_Theif wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:27 am
Block88 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:30 pm

Sanity's_Theif
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Sanity's_Theif » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:20 am

QuakingStar wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:33 am
Issei189 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:36 am

QuakingStar
Regular

Post by QuakingStar » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:48 am

Issei189
Beyond Newbie

Post by Issei189 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:58 am

So the chapter is out and it looks like Gohan Beast is on UI Goku's level. Its hard to say if he's stronger or not when Goku was briefly stated to have advantage over him because of his experience and Goku also ended their match quickly. Gohan Beast was only able to land hits on UI Goku when he tapped into his full power which allowed him to counter UI's evasiveness with his speed, but it seems like Gohan also can't maintain his full power in Beast. He can only use it in short brusts. It looks like the plan for Gohan's character is to master his Beast form.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:47 pm

Issei189 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:58 am So the chapter is out and it looks like Gohan Beast is on UI Goku's level. Its hard to say if he's stronger or not when Goku was briefly stated to have advantage over him because of his experience and Goku also ended their match quickly. Gohan Beast was only able to land hits on UI Goku when he tapped into his full power which allowed him to counter UI's evasiveness with his speed, but it seems like Gohan also can't maintain his full power in Beast. He can only use it in short brusts. It looks like the plan for Gohan's character is to master his Beast form.
Only when he's calmed.

If he gets angry like he does in the chapter then he's way stronger. This also allows for Piccolo to rival Goku like Toriyama confirmed.

QuakingStar
Regular

Post by QuakingStar » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:11 pm

I wonder if Toyo will finish doing what Toriyama was thinking about doing and give Gohan another new form or advancement to Beast? Toriyama seemed to be thinking of doing that but didn't know how to make it look.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:41 pm

It looks like all 4 Saiyans are maybe comparable after all, perhaps with Gohan as the number one in brute strength alone, but nevertheless Goku and Vegeta make up the gap in experience and skill. From this chapter's showing Broly seems to be lagging behind all the other 3, as his raw strength was comparable, if not higher, than Gohan's, but Gohan's skill and control let him manhandle Broly later on in the fight (so no doubt, Goku and Vegeta would put up a comparable performance). We have yet to witness if this is really Broly's full power, as the full power green haired SS form seems to be absent from the manga, but considering how Cell Max was compared to Broly, his performance against Gohan makes more sense now.

The rest of the characters seem easy to place afterwards. Piccolo should be comparable to Goku and Vegeta but I doubt he could match Gohan in the same way as Goku did based on his performance against Cell, so I would wager he's more comparable to the Sign/Evolution forms as originally suspected. As for Freeza, very clearly he's top dog still.

1. Beerus
2. Freeza
3. Gohan
4. Goku
5. Vegeta
6. Broly
7. Granolah
8. Jiren
9. Piccolo
10. Hit/Boo

Seems to be the top 10 of the currently alive characters, barring fusions, non-Beerus GoDs and angels. I'm actually a bit unsure of how Broly/Granolah/Jiren all compare to each other (I actually wouldn't mind placing Granolah above Broly considering the wording of the wish and Broly's lackluster performance this chapter), but my top 5 is pretty solid. Vegetto/Gogeta Blue should be in a tier of their own, right next to or above Beerus himself.

CortoMaltese

Post by CortoMaltese » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:48 pm

The way Goku controled the end of the fight (while being distracted) contradict the fact Gohan is stronger.
Later, it's confirmed by Goku himself that he doesn't want to beat Gohan (implying he could ?).
Even after seeing the full power of his son.
After all, it's Dragon Ball, Goku has no problem to recognise when a guy is stronger than him like it was shown and said many time in DBZ and DBS.
Add the fact that Vegeta choose to use BLUE evolution to confront beast.
A form that he no longer used after unlocking UE against Granola and Gas.
It's just my impression, but i think Toyotaro hidden the actual full power of Goku and Vegeta (maybe to show this in the future arc).
I don't want to put gohan down, he's just incredible right now.

But i'd say Goku and Vegeta are overall stronger but hardly stronger (skills and experience helps).
Well, it's my humble opinion, not a universal truth.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:08 pm

Yuji wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:41 pm It looks like all 4 Saiyans are maybe comparable after all, perhaps with Gohan as the number one in brute strength alone, but nevertheless Goku and Vegeta make up the gap in experience and skill. From this chapter's showing Broly seems to be lagging behind all the other 3, as his raw strength was comparable, if not higher, than Gohan's, but Gohan's skill and control let him manhandle Broly later on in the fight (so no doubt, Goku and Vegeta would put up a comparable performance). We have yet to witness if this is really Broly's full power, as the full power green haired SS form seems to be absent from the manga, but considering how Cell Max was compared to Broly, his performance against Gohan makes more sense now.

The rest of the characters seem easy to place afterwards. Piccolo should be comparable to Goku and Vegeta but I doubt he could match Gohan in the same way as Goku did based on his performance against Cell, so I would wager he's more comparable to the Sign/Evolution forms as originally suspected. As for Freeza, very clearly he's top dog still.

1. Beerus
2. Freeza
3. Gohan
4. Goku
5. Vegeta
6. Broly
7. Granolah
8. Jiren
9. Piccolo
10. Hit/Boo

Seems to be the top 10 of the currently alive characters, barring fusions, non-Beerus GoDs and angels. I'm actually a bit unsure of how Broly/Granolah/Jiren all compare to each other (I actually wouldn't mind placing Granolah above Broly considering the wording of the wish and Broly's lackluster performance this chapter), but my top 5 is pretty solid. Vegetto/Gogeta Blue should be in a tier of their own, right next to or above Beerus himself.
If Piccolo is as strong as UI Sign or Evolution then he doesn't rival Goku like Toriyama said.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:14 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:08 pm If Piccolo is as strong as UI Sign or Evolution then he doesn't rival Goku like Toriyama said.
That would depend on which version of Goku that Toriyama was talking about. Probably not the Goku that we saw on chapters #102 and #103. Maybe the UI Sign version from his fight against Gas?

QuakingStar
Regular

Post by QuakingStar » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:25 pm

People keep forgetting that if you are not a great amount faster than somebody using UI they will dodge or block you and react to you fairly well. Also that literally A and B could have the same power level and same speed but if A has UI he will win thanks to UI's Auto ability. So in terms of power and speed Orange Piccolo could very well tie UI Goku but that's where it ends. Gohan still faces the risk of going Berserk when trying to access his highest levels of power so he stops right before Going berserk, Broly seems to no longer have that issue and has used his special SS without going berserk yet Gohan still managed to swing him and toss him right into the tree. We later see base goten and base Trunks fighting SS Broly so trying to say that Gohan Beast is SSBE level is just disingenuous at this point.

1. Black Frieza
2. Gohan Beast (Once he actually fully masters Beast and is able to use its true full power without going berserk I would put him higher.)
3. 1. UI Goku ~ 2. UE Vegeta ~ 3. SS Broly ~ Cell Max ~ 4. Orange Piccolo

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:39 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:14 pm That would depend on which version of Goku that Toriyama was talking about. Probably not the Goku that we saw on chapters #102 and #103. Maybe the UI Sign version from his fight against Gas?
That doesn't work. If Piccolo is as strong as UI Sign then he really doesn't rival Goku.