Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:51 am

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:We got pictures of jiren as a kid, and I’m calling it now...

Jiren as a kid > beerus :lol:
I hope that's a flashback to him beating Belmond.
Damn, if it is, just imagine how much more powerful his is as an adult now that he is almost as build as Broly.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:55 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:We got pictures of jiren as a kid, and I’m calling it now...

Jiren as a kid > beerus :lol:
I hope that's a flashback to him beating Belmond.
Damn, if it is, just imagine how much more powerful his is as an adult now that he is almost as build as Broly.
It would mean Belmond wasn't bluffing when he said that Jiren wouldn't lose to anybody, even angels wouldn't compare to him.

I know it most likely won't happen, but it would be amazing if it did. It would be a great way to end the series since currently there are no plans for continuation.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:14 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote: I hope that's a flashback to him beating Belmond.
It would mean Belmond wasn't bluffing when he said that Jiren wouldn't lose to anybody, even angels wouldn't compare to him.

I know it most likely won't happen, but it would be amazing if it did. It would be a great way to end the series since currently there are no plans for continuation.
It would only work if Jiren didn't actually, y'know... lose. But I'm pretty sure they're not gonna end the series with Goku losing the ToP.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:36 pm

Doctor. wrote: It would only work if Jiren didn't actually, y'know... lose. But I'm pretty sure they're not gonna end the series with Goku losing the ToP.
We don't know how powerful Goku's new form is supposed to be when mastered, though. It's clearly something unfamiliar to the Gods since UI isn't supposed to be a form, so there's nothing preventing it from being extremely high tier.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:20 pm

Doctor. wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:

It would only work if Jiren didn't actually, y'know... lose. But I'm pretty sure they're not gonna end the series with Goku losing the ToP.
When did he lose? Or are you talking about losing to goku in the future? Either way. Goku is going to master something G.o.Ds havent. Basically, goku is going to be an angel, albeit a little watered down. And who’s to say jiren will lose? We don’t know if goku by himself can take on jiren. Maybe freeza plays a part (probably cheap shotting jiren to distract him)

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:46 pm

Marlowe89 wrote:
ChiefWamsutta wrote:7 ) Goku with black hair vs. Skinny Buu. Make Goku an SSGod here.
8 ) Goku with black hair during the nighttime one-punch fight against Golden Frieza. Make each instance of black hair to be SSGod hair.
I'm not sure I'd consider those necessary changes, as Goku's match against Buu was clearly specified to be one where they were both holding back, plus Goku was using Super Saiyan Blue during his clash against Golden Frieza and we know he can switch between practically any form and Blue at will.

If there was any kind of retcon in regards to Goku's power, I'd think it would have been quite a while ago in the series -- likely long before the beginning of the Universe Survival saga.

To be fair, Goku used SSBlue during recruitment fights where the main aim was not to obliterate the opponent. Good Buu was already very strong, and, as we have seen with Frieza training, some characters who haven't trained before could get huge boosts. I can imagine Good Buu jumps to SSGod level. Yes, they can still be going easy. We also don't see enough of SSGod in DBSuper. SSBlue gets spammed, so it is nice to give a little attention to the form that started this new era of Dragon Ball.

Base Goku is able to keep up with Golden Frieza as easily as SSBlue Goku can. That led people to believe it was Saiyan Beyond God, which doesn't exist. SSGod Goku keeping up with Golden Frieza makes tons more sense, because, as you said, the retcon probably happened before the Universe Survival arc.

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:18 pm

The headcanons here now are pretty fun lol
Basically, goku is going to be an angel, albeit a little watered down.
No way in hell.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:42 pm

Legion wrote:The headcanons here now are pretty fun lol
Basically, goku is going to be an angel, albeit a little watered down.
No way in hell.
Yes way in hell.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:51 pm

Doctor. wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:

He's lost every other time in Super so it really can go both ways. Even mastered UI is no guarantee of victory. SSG, SSB, SSBKK, SSB Vegito and the Sword of Hope all failed the heroes in the end.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:04 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote: It would mean Belmond wasn't bluffing when he said that Jiren wouldn't lose to anybody, even angels wouldn't compare to him.

He's lost every other time in Super so it really can go both ways. Even mastered UI is no guarantee of victory. SSG, SSB, SSBKK, SSB Vegito and the Sword of Hope all failed the heroes in the end.
Goku has never scored a clean win against a major antagonist, so I think he'll win this time. Especially since the second last track on the OST is "Our Hero, Son Goku"

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:58 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
Doctor. wrote: It would only work if Jiren didn't actually, y'know... lose. But I'm pretty sure they're not gonna end the series with Goku losing the ToP.
Goku has never scored a clean win against a major antagonist, so I think he'll win this time. Especially since the second last track on the OST is "Our Hero, Son Goku"
Not quite true. He beat Piccolo Jr with his own power hands down....actually I'd love to see him pull off the meteor combination again, but back on topic.

Tracks can be a good hint but they are not a rule. Theres nothing stopping goku from getting an edge on Jiren only for something to go wrong. Besides he's got Frieza sculcking around just in case.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:04 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
We can’t go on based on OSTs. That is the weakest type of evidence you can have

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:31 pm

- Jiren powers up (producing a triple aura)
- Vegeta charges right at Jiren with his Beyond SSJB form and gets his ass kicked. It's the same deal with SSJB Kaioken Goku.
- #17 sneaks up on Jiren and blast him in the back, scratching up Jiren's back a little and ruining his great uniform a little.
- Beyond SSJB Goku, SSJB Kaioken Goku and #17 all attack Jiren with ki blasts at the same time, but Jiren puts up his own barrier and reflects the attacks, knocking Goku and Vegeta out of their forms.
- Freeza catches Jiren off-guard and dropkicks him through some rocks and goes Golden to fight Jiren.
- Jiren still easily defeats Golden Freeza.
- #17 creates a barrier that withstands Jiren's attack and protects Goku, Vegeta and Freeza. But #17 kills himself in the progress.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:46 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:- Jiren powers up (producing a triple aura)
- Vegeta charges right at Jiren with his Beyond SSJB form and gets his ass kicked. It's the same deal with SSJB Kaioken Goku.
- #17 sneaks up on Jiren and blast him in the back, scratching up Jiren's back a little and ruining his great uniform a little.
- Beyond SSJB Goku, SSJB Kaioken Goku and #17 all attack Jiren with ki blasts at the same time, but Jiren puts up his own barrier and reflects the attacks, knocking Goku and Vegeta out of their forms.
- Freeza catches Jiren off-guard and dropkicks him through some rocks and goes Golden to fight Jiren.
- #17 creates a barrier that withstands Jiren's attack and protects Goku, Vegeta and Freeza. But #17 kills himself in the progress.

This is the jiren we saw in 109-110. Effortlessly knocking everyone down. He even glares at golden freeza. This is the batma- I mean, this is the jiren we wanted (his back story was great to be honest)

Hakaishin Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hakaishin Liquir » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:26 pm

So much for the "Golden Freeza > Hit" crowd.

brett wheeler
Beyond Newbie

Post by brett wheeler » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:37 pm

to sum up this episode.

everyone:"come on lets work together and we ca-"
jiren:"hakia"
everyone: "wait you arnt a GoD"
jiren:"bitch I said hakia"

sounds about right, also loved his backstory, and the ballsy move of killing 17, RIP #17

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:47 pm

brett wheeler wrote:to sum up this episode.

everyone:"come on lets work together and we ca-"
jiren:"hakia"
everyone: "wait you arnt a GoD"
jiren:"bitch I said hakia"

sounds about right, also loved his backstory, and the ballsy move of killing 17, RIP #17
He didn’t kill 17. 17 self destructed so that everyone wouldn’t get knocked out.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:19 pm

Jiren is a boss, wrecks everything.

17 was also amazing with his barriers.

MUI Goku vs Jiren gonna be epic.

It's hilarious how much stronger Jiren is compared to Goku n Vegeta.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:28 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:- Jiren powers up (producing a triple aura)

This is the jiren we saw in 109-110. Effortlessly knocking everyone down. He even glares at golden freeza. This is the batma- I mean, this is the jiren we wanted (his back story was great to be honest)
His backstory was better than I expected and I'm sad about Android 17's death. Jiren is doing what he does: wreaking Beyond Blue Vegeta, Golden Freeza, and Kaioken Blue Goku.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:34 pm

Not much to say here except Android 17 is definitely stronger than I earlier gave him credit for. He's still not current Super Saiyan Blue level but he's probably on the low or even mid end of that power.
Hakaishin Liquir wrote:So much for the "Golden Freeza > Hit" crowd.
He's definitely above Hit. Hit fought a suppressed Jiren, even more suppressed than his lesser suppressed level from the past few episodes. This is a full power Jiren, big difference.