Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jack Bz
Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by Jack Bz » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:05 pm

I agree with the general notion of Blue Fusion > Beerus >= Broly/Gohan > Goku/Vegeta but it seems like everyone is closer together than they've ever been. Goku and Gohan certainly didn't seem that far off from each other. Even if Broly and Gohan are as strong as Beerus they probably still lose to him in a fight though.

I'm guessing Freeza is somewhere around Broly/Gohan.
SupremeKai25 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:31 pm At no point do Goku and Vegeta suggest fusing to beat Beerus, do they now?
I don't think they did against Gas either. Do you think Gas could beat Gogeta blue? They also haven't fought Beerus outside of training since battle of gods. It's not like he's ever posed a threat since then.

QuakingStar
Regular

Post by QuakingStar » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:08 pm

Well

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:12 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:53 pm
ZombieVito wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:48 pm So people think current Gogeta or Vegetto can't beat Beerus?

:shock:
No, they cannot.

This is the only counter to Beerus' power:

Immortality. Nothing else can counter Beerus. That is why no one ever puts Beerus against Zeno/Zamasu/Angels, as that match-up is moot and pointless.

Anyone who doesn't have immortality - this is their fate:

Gone, reduced to atoms.

Beerus can destroy anyone. The only exception are Immortals (Zeno/Zamasu/Angels). Anyone who is not immortal - they get reduced to atoms.

Mortals remain below Lord Beerus until they don't have a counter to Hakai.

Until then, this is how Beerus vs. Goku/Vegeta/Gohan/Broly/Piccolo/Punk-of-the-week goes:

Gogeta in the Broly movie was already pretty far up in the food chain and since then Goku and Vegeta have made massive gains in the later arcs that I just can't see a current fusion still being weaker than Beerus.

All of this just makes Belmod hilariously weaker than Beerus. Like Namek Freeza vs Nappa hilarious.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:42 pm

QuakingStar
Regular

Post by QuakingStar » Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:40 pm

Block88
Beyond Newbie

Post by Block88 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:51 pm

QuakingStar wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:40 pm

QuakingStar
Regular

Post by QuakingStar » Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:57 pm

Block88 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:51 pm

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:06 am

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:39 am

Thani wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:06 am

Mr Baggins
Regular

Post by Mr Baggins » Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:48 am

I and LoganForkHands73 covered this a forum page or two ago, but Ultra Ego was mostly just an invention of Vegeta's that he awakened in order to fully tap into Beerus's destruction ki, and even then, he ended up admitting he isn't really cut out for that mindset. I'm not surprised it might just be abandoned at this point. His new thing is focusing on mastering Jiren's technique, so it's totally possible he went back to using Blue Evolution as his best form.

Just about everything from the Granolah arc (including "True" Ultra Instinct) was basically just filler, tbh. Even the wish turned out to be complete bunk the moment Super Saiyan Broly was made to return, as I've been saying forever, since the story inevitably has to align with what Broly's movie established about his power.
Review scores for the DBS manga (and movies):

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:48 am

Well, this will certainly generate some discussions and I guess it remains to be seen where they will ultimately go regarding Vegeta's power, but in this modern Dragon Ball world where every major player has their own thing/power, I just find it hard to believe that they would drop Ultra Ego. I can understand this being a discussion since even during the Granolah arc people questioned whether Vegeta would maintain UE due to the mindset that was believed to be necessary to use the form, but I never got the impression that it was supposed to be something temporary. Even in the interviews given by Toyo, he always highlighted Ultra Ego as Vegeta's answer and path moving forward, which now diverge from Ultra Instinct and the path followed by Goku.

Part of Vegeta's learning during the Granolah arc also lay in understanding that the mindset that fuels Hakai's power isn't necessarily a bad thing. Beerus tried to explain during their training how destruction was simply inherent to the Saiyans' nature and their aptitude to this power, while Vegeta constantly related it to the race's past and the sins they committed. Even when he said he wouldn't be able to ''revert to the callous and unfeeling man he once was'' to use Hakai at its fullest, he was under this mindset, which was what Beerus DIDN'T want him to be in. He also admitted that he was a novice at using this power.

He got over it after the whole Bardock thing, and in the last fight even his attempt to evolve Ultra Ego was about progressively fueling his battle spirit /not focusing on anything that wasn't the battle itself, instead of a pale attempt to imitate a different personality like he did in his first use of Ultra Ego. In short, he learned how to fit the necessary mindset to use Hakai's power into his own principles (which makes sense since Beerus never said Vegeta would need to pull off something like his Majin Vegeta persona to use this power)
Last edited by TheSaiyanGod on Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:25 am

TheSaiyanGod said exactly what I was going to say.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

CortoMaltese

Post by CortoMaltese » Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:10 am

QuakingStar
Regular

Post by QuakingStar » Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:06 pm

To clarify one thing, as I have seen an agenda going on lately. Vegeta does not need to have an aura present to use Blue Evolved.

https://media.comicbook.com/2020/06/dra ... 1026,smart

CortoMaltese

Post by CortoMaltese » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:34 pm

QuakingStar wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:06 pm
To clarify one thing, as I have seen an agenda going on lately. Vegeta does not need to have an aura present to use Blue Evolved.

https://media.comicbook.com/2020/06/dra ... 1026,smart

QuakingStar
Regular

Post by QuakingStar » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:59 pm

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:59 pm

Beast Gohan hitting UI Goku isn't special. Jiren did it. Moro and Granolah did as well. But generally UI Goku can't be hit and that is the point.

Beast can be stronger but if he can't hit or rarely hits UI Goku then what is the point of all that power? (Plus UI Goku gets hit when his stamina lowers)

Also didn't Black Freeza beat up Goku while he was tired and weak?
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

picc
Beyond Newbie

Post by picc » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:03 pm

My assumption was that Vegeta used SSBE because Gohan was exhausted and weakened after fighting so many people beforehand. He used a lot of stamina pushing past the UI technique, and then Goku asked him if he had strength left to fight Broly when they finished sparring. The impression to me was he was depleted at the point Vegeta entered, and Vegeta knew that.

To me that makes more sense than them spending an arc developing and introducing UE, then deciding it doesn't exist anymore. But that's just me.

There are no definitive conclusions in any way, but my totally subjective impression after this is that Goku and Vegeta are still the top fighters, with Gohan slightly behind (raw power advantage in small bursts, but inexperience disadvantage that would cost him in a conclusive battle), and then Broly slightly behind him. With Piccolo who knows where.

Of course, with Gohan and Broly there are no static rankings since both can get stronger instantly, especially Broly, so this is just think tanking.
Planet Namek Bred

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:15 pm

True Ultra Instinct and Ultra Ego both being abandoned after that awful Granolah arc would be fine by me :lol:

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:19 pm

Edit: Also thanks for the shout-out Baggins :D