The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by Mad Swami » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:56 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:32 pm
GhostEmperorX wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:00 am What if the Martial Arts tournament matches went as planned without any of the Majin Boo business?

11) 18 vs Goku.
I don't think Goku's base is enough for 18, and they said they wouldn't go SS, so he'd have to use some low multiplier of KK to take her out.
What level of a multiplier? Not that I disagree just curious. I would say for me maybe X10 or at least X5

----
13) Shin vs Gohan.
Shin should know he is no match for SS Gohan and forfit
I always thought Shin compared more to SSJ2 Gohan due to the brief fight with Buu where they both performed about the same, idk just me

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:58 pm

GhostEmperorX wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:48 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:32 pm 3) Spopovich beat Videl
8)Jewel and Yamu.
That also means none of them are controlled by Babidi BTW.
Well if we go by that then no Kibbito or Shin right (not like saying what you were saying was un fair)

GhostEmperorX
Regular

Post by GhostEmperorX » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:00 am

Mad Swami wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:58 pm Well if we go by that then no Kibito or Shin right (not like saying what you were saying was un fair)
This works too but then which 2 competitors would take their place?

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:19 am

GhostEmperorX wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:00 am
Mad Swami wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:58 pm Well if we go by that then no Kibito or Shin right (not like saying what you were saying was un fair)
This works too but then which 2 competitors would take their place?
hmm, realistically just two earthlings better than most. For a more fun answer maybe Tien, or Yamcha could enter. Hell Master Roshi's last hoorah even

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:16 am

Mad Swami wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:56 pm
GhostEmperorX wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:00 am What if the Martial Arts tournament matches went as planned without any of the Majin Boo business?

11) 18 vs Goku.
I don't think Goku's base is enough for 18, and they said they wouldn't go SS, so he'd have to use some low multiplier of KK to take her out.
What level of a multiplier? Not that I disagree just curious. I would say for me maybe X10 or at least X5

----
13) Shin vs Gohan.
I always thought Shin compared more to SSJ2 Gohan due to the brief fight with Buu where they both performed about the same, idk just me
- Assuming 18 didn't become stronger and that she is like 300M at best (twice as strong as Namek SS Goku which I think is fair after seeing her wipe her ass with SS Vegeta), I'd say Goku, with a base somewhere in between 50-100M, would need KKx5. To me he is closer to 100M than to 50M, so KKx4, x5 if we meet halfway (75M).

- Shin does have an incredible durability, he survived SS3 level Kid Buu back in the day and at one point he was fighting on his own. However, I have Shin somewhere around SS Goku and SS2 Gohan from the Cell Games, closer to Goku actually.

About replacing Shin and Kibito, Tenshinhan and Roshi, I agree. Yamcha was retired, I don't see him taking part with so many strong people, and he's been through a lot, dying and getting fisted and all.
Roshi making a comeback for the return to Earth of Goku, his greatest student that saved the world so many times would actually be something I would love to see.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:03 am

Koitsukai wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:16 am
Mad Swami wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:56 pm

11) 18 vs Goku.

----
13) Shin vs Gohan.
- Assuming 18 didn't become stronger and that she is like 300M at best (twice as strong as Namek SS Goku which I think is fair after seeing her wipe her ass with SS Vegeta), I'd say Goku, with a base somewhere in between 50-100M, would need KKx5. To me he is closer to 100M than to 50M, so KKx4, x5 if we meet halfway (75M).
Fair
- Shin does have an incredible durability, he survived SS3 level Kid Buu back in the day and at one point he was fighting on his own. However, I have Shin somewhere around SS Goku and SS2 Gohan from the Cell Games, closer to Goku actually.
Wait do you think SS Goku (Buu saga) is stronger than SSJ2 Gohan from the Cell games or just because it's stronger than ss Gohan?

About replacing Shin and Kibito, Tenshinhan and Roshi, I agree. Yamcha was retired, I don't see him taking part with so many strong people, and he's been through a lot, dying and getting fisted and all.
Roshi making a comeback for the return to Earth of Goku, his greatest student that saved the world so many times would actually be something I would love to see.
I agree

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:16 pm

Mad Swami wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:03 am

Wait do you think SS Goku (Buu saga) is stronger than SSJ2 Gohan from the Cell games or just because it's stronger than ss Gohan?
Nah, I don't think he is there yet. Also, I don't remember Gohan being SS2 vs Fat Buu, actually he didn't even fight him, he just ran away and Buu caught up to him.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:17 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:16 pm

Nah, I don't think he is there yet. Also, I don't remember Gohan being SS2 vs Fat Buu, actually he didn't even fight him, he just ran away and Buu caught up to him.
Right because he wasnt SSj2 vs Dabura so when Buu attacked him he would still be SSJ1. I could have sworn he was SSJ2 but fair enough

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:00 pm

Mad Swami wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:17 pm

Right because he wasnt SSj2 vs Dabura so when Buu attacked him he would still be SSJ1. I could have sworn he was SSJ2 but fair enough
I thought he was SS2 when he goes insane and tries to blow up Buu's egg spamming KHH but I checked it out and he wasn't. Vs Buu he didn't even get to power up, he just took off with Shin.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:29 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:00 pm

I thought he was SS2 when he goes insane and tries to blow up Buu's egg spamming KHH but I checked it out and he wasn't. Vs Buu he didn't even get to power up, he just took off with Shin.
huh, weird. Maybe that's more what Goku and Vegeta talk about when they call him weak. Less his base went down drastically but more it seems he struggles with tapping into ssj2

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:51 pm

Mad Swami wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:29 pm

huh, weird. Maybe that's more what Goku and Vegeta talk about when they call him weak. Less his base went down drastically but more it seems he struggles with tapping into ssj2
Before fighting Vegeta, Goku does tell Gohan to get angry like against Cell and nobody would be able to stop him, and he recalls that advice and IIRC he admits failing to get angry. That could imply Gohan just couldn't get angry enough to go SS2, only after seeing Videl beaten up he managed to get there.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:04 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:51 pm
Mad Swami wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:29 pm

Before fighting Vegeta, Goku does tell Gohan to get angry like against Cell and nobody would be able to stop him, and he recalls that advice and IIRC he admits failing to get angry. That could imply Gohan just couldn't get angry enough to go SS2, only after seeing Videl beaten up he managed to get there.
That could be it. However I feel Vegeta saying he isn't in great shape might suggest he is still weaker beyond that

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:09 pm

What if Super Perfect Cell killed Vegeta instead of Future Trunks?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:45 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:09 pm What if Super Perfect Cell killed Vegeta instead of Future Trunks?
I feel Trunks would replicate what Vegeta did. Trunks was slightly behind Vegeta at all times so I doubt he would awaken SSJ2. However seeing as he has seen so many including Gohan die maybe Vegeta's death would be the final straw and he would. If so then he would decimate Cell quickly finishing him with a burning attack and Goku would live. Goku being alive wouldn't get as strong nor have enough time to train and I doubt he would get SSJ3. Vegeta on the other hand would be resurrected and have a large amount of rage being that he was the only to die. He would secretly have pride his son killed Cell but doubt he'd show it so much due to him not having to deal with his death. Vegeta would train even harder ad I would say keep up with Goku if not maybe surpassing him. by the time of the Buu saga I doubt Babidi would control him due to the lack of need.I think Vegeta and the others would finish Dabura and the others and Vegeta would demand his fight with Goku where it would go either way.

As for Gohan, he would have even less reason to train and would probably get even weaker. By the time of Battle of Gods things are already extremely different. No SSJ3 and if so it is new by BoG, no Gotenks, no potential unleashed, and a less humbled Vegeta. However, also no Buu. So when King kai and Goku who presumably is allowed to go train their every now and then have their interaction with Beerus Vegeta will be informed. Beerus will get pudding and leave thinking himself to be falsely dreaming about some legend.

Frieza would be revived a year later. Frieza would again train and then murder anyone in his way and potentially destroy the Earth. Except I think Beerus might intervene, awaken by Frieza's power (assuming he was even capable of going back to bed) intrigued he would investigate. Beerus would either a fight Frieza and kill him realizing he is not a worthy challenger, or b just kill him out right as he said he would. However wether he would save the Earth and or Earth warriors is still a mystery to me. If Beerus saved them then Vegeta and Goku would request to train so they can protect the Earth from potential other threats

The U6 tournament could happen this time with a more RoF level Goku or Vegeta at best meaning U6 wins and gets the Earth unless Champa has a change of heart. Zeno might visit but seeing as Goku would have lost nothing would come of it.

By the time of Goku Black Trunks would be an SSj3 at least or maybe a super enhanced SSJ2 or even a potential unleashed Trunks due to a different series of events during the Buu saga. However the greatest twist is the Goku black arc doesnt happen. Either Zamasu is not angered and sent down is path of darkness. or is but doesn't know of Goku. I doubt Zamasu in his own body would be enough but I don't know. The heroes would be in U6, Goku and Vegeta would probably form friendships with Hit and the other Saiyans, Vegeta would train them all and Goku would help. Bulma would probably work on a way to return to their universe.

That's about all my thoughts on what would happen say Trunks unlocked SSJ2. If not then the same story just with Trunks and Vegeta's roles switched and Vegeta resurrected to learn Goku's death and again vow to never fight.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:30 pm

What if Guru was sent to Earth instead of Kami?

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:27 am

Peach wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:30 pm What if Guru was sent to Earth instead of Kami?
If Guru came down to Earth. He would have made up a better dragon. We would get Slug SR and Slug Jr. lol!

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:26 pm

Mad Swami wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:45 pm
Hellspawn28 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:09 pm What if Super Perfect Cell killed Vegeta instead of Future Trunks?
I feel Trunks would replicate what Vegeta did. Trunks was slightly behind Vegeta at all times so I doubt he would awaken SSJ2. However seeing as he has seen so many including Gohan die maybe Vegeta's death would be the final straw and he would. If so then he would decimate Cell quickly finishing him with a burning attack and Goku would live. Goku being alive wouldn't get as strong nor have enough time to train and I doubt he would get SSJ3. Vegeta on the other hand would be resurrected and have a large amount of rage being that he was the only to die. He would secretly have pride his son killed Cell but doubt he'd show it so much due to him not having to deal with his death. Vegeta would train even harder ad I would say keep up with Goku if not maybe surpassing him. by the time of the Buu saga I doubt Babidi would control him due to the lack of need.I think Vegeta and the others would finish Dabura and the others and Vegeta would demand his fight with Goku where it would go either way.

As for Gohan, he would have even less reason to train and would probably get even weaker. By the time of Battle of Gods things are already extremely different. No SSJ3 and if so it is new by BoG, no Gotenks, no potential unleashed, and a less humbled Vegeta. However, also no Buu. So when King kai and Goku who presumably is allowed to go train their every now and then have their interaction with Beerus Vegeta will be informed. Beerus will get pudding and leave thinking himself to be falsely dreaming about some legend.

Frieza would be revived a year later. Frieza would again train and then murder anyone in his way and potentially destroy the Earth. Except I think Beerus might intervene, awaken by Frieza's power (assuming he was even capable of going back to bed) intrigued he would investigate. Beerus would either a fight Frieza and kill him realizing he is not a worthy challenger, or b just kill him out right as he said he would. However wether he would save the Earth and or Earth warriors is still a mystery to me. If Beerus saved them then Vegeta and Goku would request to train so they can protect the Earth from potential other threats

The U6 tournament could happen this time with a more RoF level Goku or Vegeta at best meaning U6 wins and gets the Earth unless Champa has a change of heart. Zeno might visit but seeing as Goku would have lost nothing would come of it.

By the time of Goku Black Trunks would be an SSj3 at least or maybe a super enhanced SSJ2 or even a potential unleashed Trunks due to a different series of events during the Buu saga. However the greatest twist is the Goku black arc doesnt happen. Either Zamasu is not angered and sent down is path of darkness. or is but doesn't know of Goku. I doubt Zamasu in his own body would be enough but I don't know. The heroes would be in U6, Goku and Vegeta would probably form friendships with Hit and the other Saiyans, Vegeta would train them all and Goku would help. Bulma would probably work on a way to return to their universe.

That's about all my thoughts on what would happen say Trunks unlocked SSJ2. If not then the same story just with Trunks and Vegeta's roles switched and Vegeta resurrected to learn Goku's death and again vow to never fight.
I just realized I accidentally made the mistake of saying Goku would live because I forgot Vegeta's death is after Goku dies, my bad

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:11 pm

Mad Swami wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:45 pm

I stand by most of what I said about Vegeta except Goku would achieve SSJ3 like the orgiginal. I still think Majin Vegeta would be avoided because I imagine their powers would be relatively the same only with SSJ3 dwarfing Vegeta. I think Goku would use the form only in BoG when he had someone to use it on. Again however there might not be a Beerus vs SSG Goku fight as Beerus could just leave after the party. Goku could try and request the fight, but due to him originally thinking the SSG was another person I don't see why he would. So everything else I said I stand by on for the most part as of now

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:11 am

What if Slug existed in the main timeline? I am just talking about the character. We will pretend the movies never happened. Would he be a rival to Frieza’s forces? What if he arrived on namek during the Frieza saga?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:11 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:08 am What If Dr. Gero made Oolong and Yamcha into Androids? And What If he also found Lapis and Lazuli early? All of this happening in between the Hunt for the Dragon Balls Arc and the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai.
Don't know about Oolong, but I believe making the likes of Yamcha, Krillin androids would make damn really powerful, considering #17 and #18 were just normal teenagers in comparison to the super humans who fought alongside Goku.

About him finding Lapis and Lazuli early, well... I think they could be strong, but way weaker than Android #8.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?