(UNCONFIRMED) "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Hint?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Doctor.
Banned

Re: (UNCONFIRMED) "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Hint?

Post by Doctor. » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:25 am

Let's rejoice and then be disappointed at the amount of things they could have improved but probably won't because there will only be one year between releases.

If this improvement is anything like Tenkaichi 1 to 2, then XV2 will probably be the best DB game we've gotten yet.

Shinnin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shinnin » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:45 am

Doctor. wrote:If this improvement is anything like Tenkaichi 1 to 2, then XV2 will probably be the best DB game we've gotten yet.
Agreed. And maybe online won't be a total mess too.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:51 am

I hope its fake. I see Buu at the bottom of the 2 and I really dont want a sequel to retread Raditz to Buu. Been done, just start from BOG and work your way into new material. If we start at Buu I guess thats alright but I really dont want a rehash of events from the first game since we finally got a bunch of new material.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:02 am

I'd be excited for the fact that it would indeed exist, but it looks fake in my opinion. The Goku and Vegeta in the logo don't really look like the recent art that's been used on these sorts of products, and their placements aren't really handled well. There's also a comma in the release date and I don't think that's typical of such announcements?

Also, I'd be disappointed if it's not a PS3 title as well (even though that would hold the game back). My PC can't handle the original game and I can't afford a PS4 right now.
Last edited by TheDevilsCorpse on Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:06 am

Oh wait, that is Vegeta. No idea how I thought it was Buu.
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

godku23
Beyond Newbie

Post by godku23 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:35 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Oh wait, that is Vegeta. No idea how I thought it was Buu.
Its the seemingly back eyes.
<(-_-<) (>-_-)> Fu...

^(-_-^) (^-_-)^ sion...

(>-_-)> <(-_-<) HA

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=27729&start=15600#p886966

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:31 am

Well, I do enjoy TFS's "The Adventures of Dumplin", and this would likely mean more of those.

Whether or not I'll buy the game though? I bought the first one, I'm almost done playing it, but it was the first DB game I bought in years; I mostly stopped because of how samey they get, plot wise. If XV2 is something other than Raditz to Buu (well, plus BOG and F now), then I'll consider it.

Edit: We'll be deep in Uni 6 plot on Super by that time, maybe have XV2's plot follow Super?
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

orco05

Post by orco05 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:51 am

Fake

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:29 am

Not to mention the image of Goku in the 2 is literally this image -
The positioning of the head and right arm are identical.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:49 am

So it is fake? Ah well. I do hope whenever they do make another game, they do something fresh with it, plot wise.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

orco05

Post by orco05 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:55 am

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:26 pm

Hopefully this is fake, cuz Xenoverse has waaaay too much potiential to have a half baked sequel for next year. January 2017 sounds better.
KentalSSJ6 wrote: If we start at Buu I guess thats alright but I really dont want a rehash of events from the first game since we finally got a bunch of new material.
I agree, but I also think there should be a flashback mode, where you can recap what happened in the first game, similar to the later Naruto Storm series, that way newcomers won't scratch their heads at what's going on and how it got to that point. I don't want it to be like Destiny.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:22 am

So it's confirmed to be fake? Thank God. Give Xenoverse 2 time to be something great instead of rushing it out of the gate.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:29 pm

LOL, that's fake.
Tough one of the better ones :)
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:47 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I'd be excited for the fact that it would indeed exist, but it looks fake in my opinion. The Goku and Vegeta in the logo don't really look like the recent art that's been used on these sorts of products, and their placements aren't really handled well. There's also a comma in the release date and I don't think that's typical of such announcements?

Also, I'd be disappointed if it's not a PS3 title as well (even though that would hold the game back). My PC can't handle the original game and I can't afford a PS4 right now.
Well they are going to move on to next gen since everyone is moving on to next gen now. Besides there is no way Xenoverse 2 will be out so soon. I would not expect it to be out until early 2017.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:27 pm

Didn't Bandai/Namco already say they weren't going to have a new DBZ game in 2016? If so, then anyone showing anything hinted for that time is clearly fake. I'm certain we'll get XV2, but it'll be in 2017. And it'll only be for PS4, XBone and PC.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Shinnin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shinnin » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:45 pm

Zelvin wrote:Didn't Bandai/Namco already say they weren't going to have a new DBZ game in 2016? If so, then anyone showing anything hinted for that time is clearly fake. I'm certain we'll get XV2, but it'll be in 2017. And it'll only be for PS4, XBone and PC.
Where'd they say that?

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:44 pm

Shinnin wrote: Where'd they say that?
It was discussed back in May and has continued here in this thread - http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... 11&t=30468

As it stands there hasn't been any official announcements and no showings at E3. Can't exactly remember who said we weren't getting anything, but it would stand to reason we won't get anything "New". If the suggested ideas are correct, we'll just get an HD collection of some of the other DBZ games. There's just been no announcement from Bandai/Namco or Funimation about a New DBZ title. And since Xenoverse was in Development for at least 2yrs, I don't expect a sequel until sometime in 2017. Which is the most appropriate time.

I know people are excited for more DBZ stuff thanks to Super and RoF. Unfortunately, we may not even be seeing episodes of DBS translated until maybe 2016, though we'll probably have RoF on shelves by this Christmas. But for Xenoverse 2 to have an extended story pulled together from DBS, including Universe 6 and maybe elements of DBO and Heroes, means not only do they need more time to do the research and get information, but the new series needs to become available in a global market to bring in the hype and so people have an idea on what everything is.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:33 pm

Namco Bandai has no DB game listed for Tokyo Game Show 2016. I doubt they will announce the game in January 2016 for a November 2016 release date. I don't see Namco Bandai releasing DB games in the fall/winter again. Xenoverse did well because it had decent buzz, good marketing and it came out in February. January and February are a dead month for video games. Xenoverse had no competition to deal with.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/