Episode #0018 (19 March 2006)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0018 (19 March 2006)

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:09 pm

Episode #0018 (download MP3)
46:16; 64 kbps, mono; 21.1 MB

Episode #0018! VegettoEX and Meri invite on podcast host godofchaos and old site friend Napier to play a round of 20 Questions -- DragonBall style! Play along and see how many you can guess. We announce the winner of our first podcast contest, and start up another contest! News, best Bulma outfits, and e-mails round out the week. Referenced sites: Special guests: godofchaos & Napier/Kiriyama BRX/Remy

Whee! Go ahead and grab it. Big thanks to godofchaos for hosting the insane *eighteen* episodes, now.

With Julian out of the way (*conceals weapon*), we were able to have a little fun! I've been making the joke about not having time to play 20 Questions, so it made perfect sense to actually play 20 Questions. Play along at home! Well, as much as you can. Let's see how many of you can (lie and) say you figured out the answers after X amount of questions :P.

Beyond our game, we've got Meri's Top 5 Bulma outfits, and the winner of our first podcast contest! Just who won the "Great Saiyaman" DVD starter set...?!? Listen to find out! And while you're at it, enter to win this week's contest... a free CD from The Red Ribbon Army!

(Note that we recorded the episode before the delay on the "Dragon Box" was announced/discovered, so disregard that release date and go with what's on the main page of the site.)

We didn't get a chance to have our two guests list their favorite items in our rapid-fire questions, so they'll be responding (I'm sure inappropriately) in the forum thread. The faves are:
  • Hero
  • Villain
  • Planet
  • Movie
  • Saga
  • Song
  • Video Game
  • Super Saiya-jin Level
  • Bulma Haircut
w0rd.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

MarcFBR
Advanced Regular

Post by MarcFBR » Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:20 pm

Hero- gohan
Villain- cell
Planet- Kaio-sama's
Movie- 12
Saga- saiyaman
Song- cha-la head cha-la
Video Game- sparking (or booty-ki tenkaichi)
Super Saiya-jin Level- 2
Bulma Haircut- ...the one where she has the hairtie so some of her hair goes off to the side...dont know what thats called

ssjgoku565

Post by ssjgoku565 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:31 pm

(list removed by moderator; it is intended exclusively for podcast guests... feel free to discuss certain topics elsewhere on the forum)

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:03 pm

Well, I just finished the 20 questions segment. I missed all of them but one-- the Bansho fan! This was most likely because I "studied" DB the most out of the three series. How could you guys not get that one?!

NOTE: After I actually finished listening to the podcast, I suggest that for the Red Ribbon Army CD contest, it would be a good idea to include how to pronounce your name in the email to avoid any embarassing mispronounciations. Also, if you are part of the forums, it would be a good idea to include to include your forum name in the email as well, so you can brag to everyone one else in the forums if you find out that you're the lucky winner.

One more thing: what should the subject be for the contest email?
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:33 am

Subject lines are a chance to write something clever so he can delete your email! Woo!

We should play 20 Questions on the IRC channel... I didn't get a single question right, but damn did it sound fun.

Great Saiyaman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Great Saiyaman » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:30 am

Great Podcast as always guys. I loved the 20 Questions, you should do it again.

Also, my feelings on why Freeza is called the strongest & not Cooler is because 4'th Form Freeza>>>>4'th Form Cooler......at the time, the only one who knew of Cooler's 5'th Form was...Cooler himself.
[b]Vegito:[/b] What do you call a Goku & a Vegeta? Gogeta sounds nice.
[b]Toriyama:[/b] *wak*

[i]"I wanna go to Filler Hell when I die."-Me[/i]

Goten88gt

Post by Goten88gt » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:13 am

I loved the 20 questions segement!!!! You guys should do it again, it was a lot of fun, I got 2 out of 4 right. That phrase answer surprised me beyond belief. If you want to know who a true hardcore Dragon Ball fan is, then go see God of Chaos. I sent my contest entry in, hope I win. Keep up the good work guys :).
Happy 4th month Podcast anniversary!!!!!! :D
Japanese: イタズラ好きな 君が 夢を競う ライバルになるのさ

Romanized: Itazura-zuki na kimi ga Yume o kisou raibaru ni naru no sa

English: You, who love mischief, Will become a rival competing for your dream!

Tatsunoboshi Horoko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tatsunoboshi Horoko » Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:11 am

Great podcast, guys.

Bwahaha, that 20 Questions segment was awesome. You should definitely do it again. All of them were really creative. Although, as the questions progressed, I gradually began to piece the pieces of the puzzle together. (AKA: I sat there like a 'tard while random DBZ stuff ran past my eyes. :D)

Keep up the good work!

Brad Redfield
Regular

Post by Brad Redfield » Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:12 am

"What the hell was that noise?"
Sounded like something from Silent Hill. :lol:

But the podcast was awesome and very fun. Nice job guys.
Last edited by Brad Redfield on Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

plusloud

Post by plusloud » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:50 am

I loathe my voice. That said, much thanks to VegEX for granting me the opportunity to express my nerdom. :) My answers to the Guest "Favorites" Survey:

Hero: Kiraano.
Villain: Murasaki.
Planet: Fake Namek.
Movie: DBZ No.1.
Saga: Red Ribbon Army.
Song: Chôsenjô.
Video Game: Dragonball: Final Bout. Only because it netted me $220 on eBay.
Super Saiya-jin Level: SSJ5. Just because.
Bulma Haircut: (En route to) Namek.

Glad to know that Goten88gt (and hopefully others) appreciated my phrase question. :-p
Umm... just call me Remy, already. :p

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:20 am

Wahaha: I'm leaving for school soon, so I was fast-forwarding all throughout. Here's what I came across at one point:

Mike: "Meri is my girlfriend-" (cut off by fastforward)
All: **Laughing uncontrollably**

Just thought you'd all like that. :P

Contest: If you can't pronounce the name, redraw one. You, uh, might confuse the postman, or something, if you pronounce it wrong....yeah...

Fuck it, just send it to me. :P
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Eat Snow
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Eat Snow » Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:39 am

This is the first Daizenshuu podcast I've downloaded (mainly because I saw the bit about the contest), and I have to say I really really enjoyed it. The complete randomness of some things ("what the hell was that noise?", the phone, etc.) made me laugh out loud. You guys seemed like a pretty enthusiastic group. My favorite part, like others who posted their thoughts on the podcast, was the 20 Questions segment. In any case, I'll definitely be downloading the other podcasts...as soon as I get around to it, of course.
Assassins showing no regard for life
Tied around their arm
A red ribbon.

Zach

Post by Zach » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:23 pm

First time I downloaded your podcast too, good listen. Keep up the good work.

Hero 004
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hero 004 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:35 pm

An interesting and well done podcast.

VegettoEX, I thought that your object was going to be Trunks' sword case.
"Sometimes life is too uncertain to have regrets"- Goku

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:46 pm

Definetely one of the funniest of them all. Good job guys XD To the two guests, I didn't find you guys any more of less geeky (sounding) than any sort of anime fan, so I wouldn't stress :b Oh and Meri, did you like the dub of Movie 12?

Supa Burori

Post by Supa Burori » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:18 pm

Another great podcast, and I liked the whole 20 questions portion. I only got one right, the Banjo fan. I guessed it because I believe you guys talked about it in the last podcast, so I figured I'd pick that, turns out I was right I guess. And VegettoEX, I thought yours was going to be Trunks' Sword.

Natabuu

Post by Natabuu » Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:09 am

There are small plastic toys in addition to the pencil boards and poster at the Japanese McDonald's. It looks like they had Goku and Piccolo last Friday and will have Gohan and Vegeta this Friday. I can't tell if they just have the figures on those days or for a week starting on those days. Just click on the 4th link on the 2nd row (which says Happy Set in katakana) on the other page or go directly to http://www.mcdonalds.co.jp/sales/happyset_h_f.html to see them.

Mystic Kami

Post by Mystic Kami » Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:43 am

Hero 004 wrote:An interesting and well done podcast.

VegettoEX, I thought that your object was going to be Trunks' sword case.
i also thought that it was Trunks' sword sheath, but with the whole "has it been used by another character" that threw it off, because in the Bojack movie, Vegeta carried the sword to Trunks. The use of a sheath is to carry a sword, which is exactly what Vegeta did, so that nulled that item out @_@ I might have thought a bit too much into my WRONG answer XD

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:51 pm

That twenty questions segment totally rocked. You should do that again sometime. I am always amazed at the synergy you all have with talking to eachother on the podcast, it really gives it life. Keep up the good work guys! ^_^
-Laserkid

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:05 am

I agree with laserkid, absolutly loved the 20 questions segment and I've done that before as well (once when I went swimming with my friends about a year ago in Hiltenhead, SC). I must say though, EX watching 4Kids' Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles came as quite a kicker. On topic, I've entered the latest contest for that certain CD, can't pass down a free contest. Keep up the good work, loving these podcasts even more as they come, can't wait for next week's episode.
14 years later