Turning off DivX logo.

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Blastero
Beyond Newbie

Turning off DivX logo.

Post by Blastero » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:36 pm

Hey. I was just wondering how I can turn off the DivX logo on a XviD file?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Turning off DivX logo.

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:40 pm

Blastero wrote:Hey. I was just wondering how I can turn off the DivX logo on a XviD file?
If it's an XviD, there shouldn't be a logo... unless you have a file that you got from somewhere else that was encoded as an XviD *from* a DivX file that was being played back by the DivX codec. In which case, it's not something you can turn off... it's embedded in the video, now.

If it's honestly an XviD being played by the XviD codec, there should be no logo. Otherwise, it's a DivX being played back by the DivX codec.

To turn it off, there's some option if you go through Programs >> DivX >> blah blah blah (settings, preferences, whatever... I haven't had a DivX codec installed in years).

And if you're editing anything with DivX files, please reconsider :).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Blastero
Beyond Newbie

Post by Blastero » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:55 pm

And if you're editing anything with DivX files, please reconsider .
I'm not using pre encoded downloaded footage if that's what you meant. I am just encoding it in XviD. Does it have anything to do with the fact that its in AVI format?

EDIT: 3/20/06 5:08

I fixed it. It seems the probelm was simply because I had DivX on my machine. I uninstalled it and it worked. Sorry for the confusion.
Last edited by Blastero on Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:08 pm

There's no such thing as "AVI format". AVI is just a container for whatever codec it's wrapped around. Thus, I still don't quite understand what you're getting at. ^^;;

You have this clip. What is it? What format is it in? How did you create it? What are you attempting to do with it?
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::