Super Episode 13 (04 October 2015)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Re: Super Episode 13 (04 October 2015)

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:19 pm

The staff of Super #13 has been unveiled. Kitano and Yamamuro are the animation supervisors for the episode as well as key animation by the latter. It's interesting that he's also the chief animation supervisor. Hmm.

Takeo Ide, the Dragon Ball veteran, also did the key animation.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:44 pm

Interesting, so even though Goku has absorbed the power of Super Saiyan God he can still be sensed after he drops out of Super Saiyan God? So I guess for Goku to access God Ki again he has to go Bluper. So I wonder, is his base form still weaker than God and he has to be Super Saiyan to match God?

EDIT: Oh yeah, I just remembered that the Saikyo Jump descriptions say that Goku has an unexpected change in Episode 14, I wonder if by that they just mean that he went back to regular Super Saiyan in the previous episode.
Last edited by ArchedThunder on Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:47 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:Interesting, so even though Goku has absorbed the power of Super Saiyan God he can still be sensed after he drops out of Super Saiyan God? So I guess for Goku to access God Ki again he has to go Bluper. So I wonder, is his base form still weaker than God and he has to be Super Saiyan to match God?
He doesn't turn base in the episode, goes directly from God to regular SSJ, so idk.
EDIT: Oh yeah, I just remembered that the Saikyo Jump descriptions say that Goku has an unexpected change in Episode 14, I wonder if by that they just mean that he went back to regular Super Saiyan in the previous episode.
My guess is that the "unexpected change" is him transforming back into SSG like in the movie.
Last edited by Sandubadear on Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:49 pm

Sandubadear wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:Interesting, so even though Goku has absorbed the power of Super Saiyan God he can still be sensed after he drops out of Super Saiyan God? So I guess for Goku to access God Ki again he has to go Bluper. So I wonder, is his base form still weaker than God and he has to be Super Saiyan to match God?
He doesn't turn base in the episode, goes directly from God to regular SSJ.
Yeah, that's what I'm saying, that's why I was saying that he might have to go Super Saiyan to match God because if his base form was as strong as God then he would actually be stronger as a Super Saiyan now than he was as a God since they added that bit about the guys down on Earth being able to sense him again meaning he has regular Ki now.

DragonHermit
Regular

Post by DragonHermit » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:58 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote: Takeo Ide, the Dragon Ball veteran, also did the key animation.
This is the first time DBS felt like a continuation of DB/DBZ in terms of animation.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:02 pm

So how did Gohan get the power to quickly dash to Videl? I thought all the Saiyans in the ritual were drained of their energy? Also to me it looked like as soon as Goku lost God mode that Goten and Trunks power was restored so the way I am currently seeing it as Goku is basically holding their power hostage while in God Mode?

Anyone care to shed some light on the issue?

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:04 pm

If Toei had allowed more time and drawings, #13 wouldn't haven't been the only one felt like the continuation of Z in term of animation. The animation supervisors are decent enough to make Super feel like Z if the company had been more flexible. It's sad, really.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:11 pm

nato25 wrote:So how did Gohan get the power to quickly dash to Videl? I thought all the Saiyans in the ritual were drained of their energy? Also to me it looked like as soon as Goku lost God mode that Goten and Trunks power was restored so the way I am currently seeing it as Goku is basically holding their power hostage while in God Mode?

Anyone care to shed some light on the issue?
I imagine they've just had enough time to regain some energy, Gohan dashed over to Videl before Goku lost his God form.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:20 pm

The animation in this episode was pretty damn spectacular, especially near the end. Must've busted out their best guys.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

irreality
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by irreality » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:55 pm

I loved this episode. Definitely among my favorites, if not my favorite.

1. Piccolo vs. Whis: Whis using his serious voice! And then Vegeta interfering! Loved it. Whis is still my favorite.
2. Mr. Satan's Buffet pass reminds me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0d-O2go9Po
3. Beerus calling Goku an idiot, :D and Goku asking him questions saying "aren't you a God?" Half wondering if half of Beerus' answers are bullshit so he doesn't seem stupid. :lol:
4. I loved the detail of Beerus tail wagging: so like a cat ready to pounce.
5. animation was excellent, although SSJ lookes *weird* now. I got so used to SSG!
6. I liked the new ending. Not as good as Hello Hello Hello, but pretty fun new stills.

My only complaint was the bgm this episode.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:07 am

So wait, they finally stepped up their game with the animation? Sounds cool.

Might catch a peek sometime.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:09 am

Finally!!! A good Episode :D

Things I liked:
- the animation was cool
- Beerus holding his head out of pain for the headbutt was cute :3
- I like how this episode is more in tone with BoG :D
- I like how Beerus doesn't want to be at his full power for just a saiyan.
- Mr. Satan trying to convince Whis to save earth with a food coupon was funny :mrgreen:
- Piccolo trying to stop Whis and Vegeta interfering
- The ending looks beautiful, and now everyone is in their F's clothes :P
- I liked how Goten is crying because Goku is going to lose because he's not a ssg anymore.

- Beerus didn't transform \^o^/

Neutral
- Now everyone is flying suddenly... :think:

What I didn't like:
- Beerus is weaker here... :(
- The scene with them trying to smash the white hole thing to the other was a bit too long...

on another note, I wonder what made Beerus happy 900 years ago :think: :D :D
Sleeping until the tournament is over.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:20 am

Beerus-sama wrote: - Beerus is weaker here... :(
What? :shock:

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:21 am

Zombie wrote:
It looks like it, he also said he used all his power and even with that Goku was still blocking some of his attacks....

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:23 am

wait what? so Beerus in now using his Full Power instead of only using 70% of it in the movie? Meaing Blueper God will be stronger than Beerus? thats kinda dissapointing if that happens,I dont want Beerus to be surpassed this early. :( .anyways kinda a nice episode,as i predicted in the NEP in episode 12,the animation is good.
Last edited by Khin on Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

garfield15
Beyond Newbie

Post by garfield15 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:23 am

Good episode. Really good. Suddenly going into the movie-tier animation for that last part was pretty hype. I really love whenever they have "slow fighting" as when we can see every individual move they're doing despite it being at a fast pace. We usually only ge that in the movies

I was at first bothered by how Satan was getting in the way but despite myself, I found myself laughing at his allyoucaneat voucher and Whis' reaction.

Something I don't think I've seen mention of was Gohan dashing over to protect Videl. I loved that moment. That was the first time I thought "Whoa Gohan that was pretty cool there" since Buu (or technically since RoF but that hasn't happened yet :P ). Also Satan.

ED is super comfy. Song isn't amazing but listenable. The visuals are spectacular though
Look at how heartwarming that is. (I really love Bulma's RoF outfit)

irreality
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by irreality » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:24 am

Beerus-sama wrote: - Beerus holding his head out of pain for the headbutt was cute :3
I forgot about the headbutt, but I really liked that part, too. In the preview I thought it looked dumb, but I liked how Goku ended up usingit, and Beerus's reaction to it.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:24 am

Beerus-sama wrote:
Zombie wrote:
It looks like it, he also said he used all his power and even with that Goku was still blocking some of his attacks....
I don't believe him. I fully expect the scenes with him and Whis at the end of BoG to be the same here.

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:32 am

irreality wrote: 4. I loved the detail of Beerus tail wagging: so like a cat ready to pounce.
This was also cute :3 I loved the tail wagging :3
I think it was like when he was wagging it in BoG when he was pushing his sun ki blast to Goku, but I like this one more :3
he's a happy cat :D
Zombie wrote:
Beerus-sama wrote:
Zombie wrote:
I don't believe him. I fully expect the scenes with him and Whis at the end of BoG to be the same here.
.... I don't know why wouldn't you believe him if he's saying it, and was so frustrated he had to use it to beat Goku...

Edit:
-Wheeee...! I'm a regular now! :D

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:41 am

Toei went along with Freeza > Base Saiyans. I don't see them contradicting AT's 6/10/15 numbers.

We shall see.