Dragon Ball Super - Universe 6 Saga ,What are your wishes?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Khin
I Live Here

Dragon Ball Super - Universe 6 Saga ,What are your wishes?

Post by Khin » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:12 pm

With the manga adaption going to get released a week or so and the Anime already at the Revival of 'F' Saga,What are your wishes for this arc? Here are some of mine.

1: The Timeline placement will be after the EOZ.

2: Champa will not be the main villain.

3: New forms for Goku/Vegeta,Altough i dont want it to be just a mere recolor.

4: Maybe a Piccolo Power up? I heard he's Akira Toriyama's favorite character and the Universe 6 Arc seems to have connection to the Namekians due to the Super Dragon Balls thing.

5: Introduce some cool new characters.

6: No Female Goku,Fat Vegeta or some alternate things.

7: No Vegetto,I'd rather prefer them to fight separately.

8: No Goku having to request a 1 on 1 fight against the villain,I kinda miss the old fights that needs teamwork to win like Goku and Piccolo vs. Raditz or Piccolo,Gohan and Kuririn vs. Nappa

9: Have Beerus and Whis still stronger than Goku and Vegeta by the end of the Saga.

10: A Reality Warping main villain with a goofy personality but can still be serious sometimes.

11: Goku,Vegeta,Piccolo and Boo(Oob if the Tournament starts after the EOZ) and a new character as the Universe 7 participants for the tournament.

Edit : Hey,atleast some of it did happen :)
Last edited by Khin on Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:02 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: Dragon Ball Super - Universe 6 Saga ,What are your wishe

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:21 pm

SSJ3 Vegeta wrote: 10: A Reality Warping main villain with a goofy personality but can still be serious sometimes.
Didn't we already got that with Janemba?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:27 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:
SSJ3 Vegeta wrote: 10: A Reality Warping main villain with a goofy personality but can still be serious sometimes.
Didn't we already got that with Janemba?
Yeah but Janemba almost have no dialogue whatsoever,And he seems to be a dumb one,A villain with an Imperfect Cell or Dr.Gero type of intellegence would be perfect for me.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:28 pm

I second numbers 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, and 10.

I'm currently torn of if I want Uni 6 to have its (if it's parallel at all, it may not even be) Gokû or Vegeta be female. Originally I wanted to see a Princess Vegeta and an abysmal-at-being-evil-yet-determined-to-cause-havoc-Kakarrotto (think Dr. Mashirito from Dr. Slump), but Episode 14's thrown all of that into the air with that almost-two-minutes-long princess-carry.

Now what I really want to see is the comedic side of what happens when Whis sends Gokû and Vegeta on a field trip to Uni 6 together. Them trying/failing to successfully work together in a universe where they don't know anybody and are completely unfamiliar with the territory. There's so little of the two of them interacting in the reBOG arc (and the original BOG) and their interactions in F have me so excited to see them share a storyline.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:43 pm

I'd like to participate here, but I don't think we have enough context of what Universe 6 will be like for me to properly speculate what I want. Until we get a bit more information (possibly after the next manga chapter), I don't think I could mention anything other than the cast members I'd like to see go. Which, at minimum, would be Beerus, Whis, Goku, Vegeta and Piccolo. Though others like Jaco, Kuririn, Gohan, etc would be nice as well.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:46 pm

Don't suck like RoF, that is all.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:26 pm

What I want to happen, but probably won't happen:

- Jaco and Kuririn side-stories
- Gohan to stop being stupid and get Super Saiyan God, or at least to train up a bit
- They're searching for the DBs because Freeza blew up Earth in the F arc
- Goku, Vegeta and Whis not be the only ones relevant out of the current cast
- If it's a parallel universe, to be the only one

What I want to happen, and probably will:

- New characters for the cast that will still be relevant
- Champa not to be main villain
- More information on Whis
- A lot of diverse planets and locations where the fights can take place in

Jaetinh
Regular

Post by Jaetinh » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:00 pm

New human/normal looking fighters to be as strong as Goku and Vegeta and join their team. Not a new midget, not a new alien, not a robot, not a child (!) but aesthetic and cool looking human/saiyajin.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:32 pm

Any character not named Goku/Vegeta getting decent screentime.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:47 pm

-Piccolo to have a major role and power up. The ancient Namekian book tidbit gives me hope.
-To have a few adventure episodes in Universe 6 with an exploration team (Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Tenshinhan, Kuririn, Bulma, Mr.Boo, Mr.Satan and Jaco).
-To have various villains for everybody to fight.
-To uncover more about the Dragon Universe history and origins.

garfield15
Beyond Newbie

Post by garfield15 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:56 pm

SSJ3 Vegeta wrote: 9: Have Beerus and Whis still stronger than Goku and Vegeta by the end of the Saga.
I can understand Whis but depending on how the arc plays out, I'd like Goku to surpass Beerus at some point. Especially if there are guys stronger than him out there.

Oh and to throw in my wish, I'd really like it if the show could go full One Piece (or I guess Namek kind of?) and have the gang get split and have like two or three groups in different places across the universe who have to figure out a way to reunite, get in their own fights and find the Super Dragon Balls at the same time. Each group getting their vignettes of stuff before everybody comes together for one last super fight (Let's pretend Goku's IT doesn't work right in a different universe or something like that)

That being said, this assumes that more than Goku and Vegeta would go at all. I'd hope they wouldn't do that though.

I think we need more information

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:00 am

My only wish is for GT to be confirmed canon or not.

Without getting into a debate, the ending of DBS should confirm 100% where GT stands in the canon - is Super retconning it or not?

re: Kibitokai defusing, for example - they could easily re-fuse off-screen without an explanation for example.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:33 am

- A serious arc.
At least as serious as ROF. I think this is a given since Toriyama said is gonna be a war between Universe 7 vs Universe 6. The more the better.

- Piccolo back to the frontlines and on pair with Goku/Vegeta. Remember that Namekian Book of Legends mentioned by Shenlong?! Make this good writting and that a foreshadowing for Piccolo power up. He can even find another god connected to the Namekian race or something.

- Champa must not be the final villain. I want universe 6 to have their set of heroes, like universe 7 has the z fighters. Both will clash and eventulaly Goku will fight their Hero.

- Original characters for Universe 6. No alternate versions from Universe 7 (Fat Goku, Pricess Vegeta, etc...)

- No more colors for ssj transformation. Beerus/Whis/Champa/Whis Waifu must not have any tranformation. A little fresh air for this series. These guys are just that strong in their base form.
precita wrote:Any character not named Goku/Vegeta getting decent screentime.
We just had that in BOG arc and will get in ROF too.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:15 pm

With the leak just out how about this: Goku and Vegeta can't be part of the tournament as they are, for all intents and purposes, Gods. This will leave Gohan, Piccolo, Goten, Trunks and Krillin as U7's fighters. Would be a nice change of pace, after two arcs focused on Goku.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:31 pm

Draconic wrote:With the leak just out how about this: Goku and Vegeta can't be part of the tournament as they are, for all intents and purposes, Gods. This will leave Gohan, Piccolo, Goten, Trunks and Krillin as U7's fighters. Would be a nice change of pace, after two arcs focused on Goku.
Nah, I don't think so, since they made it clear that somehow Goku converted the God Ki into standard Ki in Super. The chapter itself makes it seem like Goku is going to participate since he's so excited.

Scarlet Spider
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scarlet Spider » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:17 pm

Draconic wrote:With the leak just out how about this: Goku and Vegeta can't be part of the tournament as they are, for all intents and purposes, Gods. This will leave Gohan, Piccolo, Goten, Trunks and Krillin as U7's fighters. Would be a nice change of pace, after two arcs focused on Goku.
Please let Gohan, Goten and Trunks train for this.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:45 pm

Kakarrotto! :3

I want him to be the one behind Uni 6 Earth's destruction.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:33 pm

Scarlet Spider wrote:
Please let Gohan, Goten and Trunks train for this.
Goku and Vegeta will participate. There's no way they won't.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:59 pm

In light of the new information we have, I really hope Beerus organizes a boot camp to determine who will attend the tournament.
May the arena for the tournament be a whole planet.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:31 pm

Just give Jaco some significant screentime and I'll be satisfied. He such a great character and could thrive in Super given it's setting. Don't waste him Toriyama. Also, let's have Piccolo, Gohan, Goten, Trunks and some of the Earthlings (Krillin, Tien, Roshi etc.) become prominent to the plot again.