Website Referral - Foreign Message Board

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Website Referral - Foreign Message Board

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Mar 24, 2004 5:50 pm

http://www.animeportal.cl/com/index.php ... 11&st=1000

(warning... GREAT deal of text on this page... they seem to be listing some kind of guide, episode by episode, of what happens in GT...)

Can anyone tell me what they're saying about my site? It's towards the bottom of the page, and at least onto the next page. They seem to be linking to specific images, but I'm not even sure in what context (one links to a daizenshuu cover, the other to a "Zenkai Power" screen-cap).

Just curious, especially since there's happy faces and exclamation marks, which seems to indicate they like what they see ^^;;
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

tablet the eunuch
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by tablet the eunuch » Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:35 pm

DONT TAKE MY WORD FOR THIS, INFACT, PLEASE CONTINUE TRANSLATING STUFF IF YOU ARE
hola aqui hay un buen aporte
en el sgte link hay imagenes de DRAGON BALL pero hechas por otros dibujantes
los cuales han salido en los kanzenban(reediciones del manga de DRAGON BALL en japon) veanlas y opinen sobre ellas
He's talking about the "Other Artists" section I think.
No se encontró la página

SE ACERCA LA JUNTACION ... SOLO 3 DIAS.. !! :mula:
A Bad link

The rest is prety general stuff, but in Spanish.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:26 am

One of them had a habit of linking directly to pics. I think the board is designed so that way will let you view the links for a max of 3 days? I'm probably wrong. Haven't spoken spanish in 4 years, and even then it was beginner's. :P

Eventually they correct the guy and post the mainpage to your site, and tell him to visit the images section that way. Can I ask why this was a big deal though?
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:14 pm

It's not a big deal at all. I just find it interesting how such a wide variety of people across the world all manage to find my site, and furthermore, find things of interest on the site ^^;;. Just curious to see what they're saying about me! :D
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

tablet the eunuch
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by tablet the eunuch » Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:15 pm

People claim I'm gen Fukunaga and then you close my threads and I should of put them in spanish because you would of blah blah blah............... :(:(:(

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:17 pm

Dude, c'mon... let's think about being appropriate, here, please. I don't appreciate the undoubtably spawning of argumentation like that here on my message board, and you knew that when you posted it.

This thread has nothing to do with that thread, and I'd like it to stay that way. Thanks, and have fun.

tablet the eunuch
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by tablet the eunuch » Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:06 pm

...I was actually joking, should of made it more obvious. Very sorry

(it was meant to come off as if I was a whingy old man, but I geuss I'm just used to that sort of thing from other forums.)

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:13 pm

You mean you're going to take that from EX?! Just knee him in the groin! Then you can post whatever you want! :D
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:16 pm

I'm telling you EX! See! You should have banned him before! He's trouble! A bad influence! A rebel! :D

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:57 pm

I'm serious, if the internet didn't have flash sites like Homestar, you'd be the best site in the universe. I'm not surprised that there's foreign gibberish out there talking about your site.

And don't take "foreign gibberish" any wrong way. Or else.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Mar 28, 2004 3:42 pm

That and the fact that all DB sites focus only on layout since they have nothing to offer, be it new or old. It's like the sites are all blog-pages with a DB theme and/or have 90 affiliates.

March 1st 2003:
Got the new layout up. That ought to make the site as influencial as SSJ34Kakarotz's Dragonball Saiyan Pride of Rage now.

March 31st 2003:
Going to update next week.

May 9 2003:
I forgot to update. (insert irrevlevant boring school explanation here followed by how his girlfriend became a lesbian crack whore)

July 12 2003:
Like I promised, here's the update!

July 29 2003:
Oops, I forgot! Uploaded the update. Enjoy!

Some random day, 2003:
It's my birthday. All hail me because I R0X0RS!!~~~~~! Just kidding! I don't say "roxors"! I'm smart! I don't need to sppek 733t.

December 25 2003:
Happy whatever holiday you believe in but because it's the 25th of December it better x-mas because that's what i believe in and the other religions are herecy so i secretly hate you all unless you also like x-mas in which case i got a new PS2, Gamecube, Xbox and every game on each system because i sneezed on one of my games from one of those systemes and you know how computer viruses work they spread to every other thing cybernetic so i gave all my old stuff to some homeless guy cuz haha he doesn't have electricity so he can't play them but apparently he sold it all in order to buy an expensive suit for when he applid to a job which got because he made a great first impression and apparently made CEO and he's head of the PS3 development project now i can't wait to buy

January 2 2004:
Well the year's off to a bad start! SSJ34Kakarotz's Dragonball Saiyan Pride of Rage will only let me be their affiliate if I get a better layout so don't expet any updates until that's done.

February 29: It's a leap-year! The insanity! "Vegeta's Insanity!" Get it? No of course not because you're not old school 733t like me well long ago their was a website called Castor-Troy's Insane. It was Vegeta related. Planetnamek.com who was a bigger DB site, so big in fact that it hosted DaizenshuuEX (this is back when it was called Vegetto's Website about music that VegEX likes), hosted them for a while. Now all those sites except for DaizEX are gone. Only I know that though because nobody was around in the community back then.

March 21 2004: New layout looks cool. That's because I R0X0RS!!~~~~!

March 24 2004: Yay, I'm SSJ34Kakarotz's Dragonball Saiyan Pride of Rage new affiliate! Now go visit his kick ass site because that's what we do for our affiliates!

March 28 2004: You still come here?! You suck! Inu Yasha rules all and Dragonball's a bunch of Horse Raddish shit! Haven't you EVER watched it? The dub sucks, it's full of plot holes! Watch some real anime! This site is turning into a multi-anime site! But I'm leaving all this DB stuff up because it will always have a special place in my heart.

Ah the Dragonball website life cycle comes to an end. :lol:

Seriously though, the only good DB related sites were in the 98-01 era IMO. Since then everybody hated everybody else in their qust to be number one and original, or just had nothing to say. Then comes 03 and the DB community is all but MIA.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sun Mar 28, 2004 4:04 pm

Ha ha ha! That was a fun read Dayspring! :D And very true! Especially about all of the sudden hating DB and moving on to the "latest" anime they've just "discovered".

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Mar 28, 2004 4:14 pm

Yes. I am funny. And not just looking! :lol:

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sun Mar 28, 2004 4:16 pm

Hee hee! More funnies!!!! :mrgreen:

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Mar 28, 2004 4:40 pm

Dayspring wrote:It's like the sites are all blog-pages with a DB theme and/or have 90 affiliates.
My god, it's so true... It's an incredibly accurate description.

They all have their little "avatars" to represent each other when they update... they talk about their day at school... OMG IT'S MY BIRTHDAY TODAY SEND ME E-MAIL... updates about not updating...

It's the fucking truth. And everything that I've consciously tried to stay away from on my own site. Hopefully it's for the best.

Anyway, cay anyone else pick out anything interesting they say about the site from the thread I linked? I'm nosy :P

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:58 pm

Lol! VegEX's next update: "Hello! I got Julian to upload pics and translate stuff! Are you still out there? Do you still love me? LOVE MEEEEE!!" :lol:

Out of the blue ToT has an update stating they will no longer be affiliates with EX as the two had an argument on their last date. :lol:

EDIT: Hmmm, in retrospect maybe I should make a DB themed blogsite. Thanks to work and school and junk I've put off starting up my site for what? A year? All I updated (and twice only) was the "daily journal" section, which in itself was a blog. :P
I could give it a cute name like "Dragonblog Z" or some dumb shit, and randomly update actual content whenever I feel like it since I honestly called my site a blogsite first. Then I could score "originality" points and become the second biggest DB site on the net! MUWAHAHAHAHA!!! :twisted:

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Tue Mar 30, 2004 5:41 am

See? EVIL! He is pure EVIL! :shock:

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:53 am

You know sadly after actually writing that edit I now am actually considering doing something like that, in order to make a satire on the DB community as well as get the community to communicate with each other by getting them to e-mail me their blogs and I post them on the site (in a section aptly named "The Dragonblog Radar" where I choose 7 random blogs and post 'em a la "AskVegettoEX" style). I shouldn't talk about this. It really IS an evil, evil, concept, but would probably be funny if it were actually up.

That and the fact that I don't want enemy bloggers stealing my ideas! :twisted:

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:43 am

You go boy! 8)

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:10 pm

Blogs are cool, but DBZ sites that act like blogs? Just scary.

However, Dragonblog Z? That's almost as awesome as the combination of raisins and peanuts. Maybe even just as awesome...