Death Battles: Vegeta Vs Shadow

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BrolyLSSJ
Beyond Newbie

Death Battles: Vegeta Vs Shadow

Post by BrolyLSSJ » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:57 pm

Who would actually win??
Dragon Ball Multiverse (Not the comics)<Where to find me!
"GROWING STRONGER! YES...STRONGER!-Broly

Daisetsu
Beyond Newbie

Re: Death Battles: Vegeta Vs Shadow

Post by Daisetsu » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:29 pm

If Shadow didn't waste his time with his Super form, he would undoubtedly win. Otherwise, Vegeta all the way (even with Chaos Control and all that).

BrolyLSSJ
Beyond Newbie

Post by BrolyLSSJ » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:34 pm

They didnt even use the Archie Sonic version of Shadow....

Nightmare Wheel
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nightmare Wheel » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:34 pm

Shadow really isn't even in the same league. It's rather telling that Super Shadow could still get knocked around hy lasers and rubble in the final boss fights of SA2 and his game. Vegeta would have absolutely no problem pinning him down until the invincibility wore off.

BrolyLSSJ
Beyond Newbie

Post by BrolyLSSJ » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:40 pm

Nightmare Wheel wrote:Shadow really isn't even in the same league. It's rather telling that Super Shadow could still get knocked around hy lasers and rubble in the final boss fights of SA2 and his game. Vegeta would have absolutely no problem pinning him down until the invincibility wore off.
Archie Shadow > Vegeta

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:45 pm

Every fighting DB character > every Sonic character. I'm sorry but it's no contest, DB characters are faster, stronger and don't have the worst fanbase (that ruined hedgehogs for me). By the 2nd saga, they were moving to fast for the naked eye and they only get faster! Also DB characters can go Super Saiyan in a instant, unlike Sonic characters, who need 7 emeralds.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:50 pm

If the super forms from the chaos emeralds didn't have a time limit, Super Shadow might win. After all, he's pretty much invincible and can use his chaos control to gain any speed advantage he may still lack. Then again, it's been shown in some battles that strong enough adversaries can damage the super forms (or sap their energy/rings). Hell, in Sonic Unleashed, we see Eggman drain Super Sonic of his powers. And earlier, in Sonic 3, Knuckles flat out knocked the chaos emeralds out of Super Sonic. lol. No Sonic character stands a chance against a DBZ one.

Not sure about the Archie verse. I don't follow that.
Last edited by fadeddreams5 on Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:53 pm

I can answer this. It all depends on which Shadow you use. If you use Archie Shadow...well....he's rebooted so I have no idea where he is at now. If we go pre reboot, we could argue Archie Shadow as the victor.

However this was strictly game Shadow vs Vegeta. Vegeta stomps hard. Outside of Super Form, Shadow can't really do shit to Vegeta. People always like to try and bullshit that Shadow can last weeks or whatever as Super Shadow and cite Sonic Advance. Then they ignore Sonic Advance 2 where Sonic's Super Form runs out at a crucial moment while saving Vanilla. So no he can't hold it for weeks. Shadow is much slower and so much weaker than Vegeta it's not even funny. His guns are useless and he can't really damage him at all in base.

Super Form is all Shadow has, and all it does is delay the inevitable. There has never been a real source that says Super Form is light speed in Sonic stuff, but the closest to that is smash 4 saying Super Sonic is near the speed of light. You can still argue he is around there. Shadow at best has the speed and tank advantage for a short while. He's more likely faster than Vegeta, but much weaker and far less skilled. All Vegeta has to really do is outlast Shadow, which isn't a problem.

People like to say Shadow can teleport Vegeta into the sun or something like that, but when has he done anything close to teleporting something across a celestial body? If it were that simple he'd have teleported a bunch of people into the sun and be done with them. Super Shadow's destructive capacity was also not as good as simply using the Eclipse Canon. Hence Shadow used it, instead of just destroying the Black Comet as Super Shadow.

Lastly people bullshit the whole Solaris thing to try and say Shadow can be everywhere across time or some bullshit like that. I believe one of the Death Battle Fan Blog/research team guys debunked this hard so I'll source him.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:03 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:If the super forms from the chaos emeralds didn't have a time limit, Super Shadow might win. After all, he's pretty much invincible and can use his chaos control to gain any speed advantage he may still lack. Then again, it's been shown in some battles that strong enough adversaries can damage the super forms (or sap their energy/rings). Hell, in Sonic Unleashed, we see Eggman drain Super Sonic of his powers. And earlier, in Sonic 3, Knuckles flat out knocked the chaos emeralds out of Super Sonic. lol. No Sonic character stands a chance against a DBZ one.

Not sure about the Archie verse. I don't follow that.
Which is funny considering how much of a pussy he is when you fight in lava reef zone.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ

BrolyLSSJ
Beyond Newbie

Post by BrolyLSSJ » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:37 pm

soppa saia people wrote:Every fighting DB character > every Sonic character. I'm sorry but it's no contest, DB characters are faster, stronger and don't have the worst fanbase (that ruined hedgehogs for me). By the 2nd saga, they were moving to fast for the naked eye and they only get faster! Also DB characters can go Super Saiyan in a instant, unlike Sonic characters, who need 7 emeralds.
Yes the comics ARE canon....
Stronger??? No
Faster?? NOPE!
Universe-Multi-universe busters
DB has a fanbase i would say is 86% worst......
Last edited by BrolyLSSJ on Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daisetsu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Daisetsu » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:51 pm

Okay, one, put large pictures in spoilers and two, the comic was rebooted after the first Mega Man crossover, so everything before that point is non-canon (heck, I'm pretty sure Ian Flynn has even said something to that effect).

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:52 pm

The Archie comics follow a completely different continuity than the games.

And the Sonic fanbase is notoriously bad--hands down the worst I have ever encountered. Everyone is at war with one another because the series is so incredibly inconsistent, and the majority of fans who eat the crap up are the ones who complain about how much the games suck.

At least the DB fanbase actually like the series they support. lol.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

BrolyLSSJ
Beyond Newbie

Post by BrolyLSSJ » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:56 pm

Both are canon re-boot or not as feats are feats.

Daisetsu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Daisetsu » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:59 pm

The pre-reboot stuff is only canon in that, yes, it happened. Beyond that, it literally does not matter what kind of feats or whatever happened since the new universe is much closer to the games and thus has a completely different set of rules for each character, in terms of power/strength/etc.

BrolyLSSJ
Beyond Newbie

Post by BrolyLSSJ » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:02 pm

Daisetsu wrote:The pre-reboot stuff is only canon in that, yes, it happened. Beyond that, it literally does not matter what kind of feats or whatever happened since the new universe is much closer to the games and thus has a completely different set of rules for each character, in terms of power/strength/etc.
It does matter any feats within a debate is usuable if that certain character is being used.
Movie Broly=/=Game Broly
Manga Vegeta=/=Anime Vegeta

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:04 pm

BrolyLSSJ wrote:
soppa saia people wrote:Every fighting DB character > every Sonic character. I'm sorry but it's no contest, DB characters are faster, stronger and don't have the worst fanbase (that ruined hedgehogs for me). By the 2nd saga, they were moving to fast for the naked eye and they only get faster! Also DB characters can go Super Saiyan in a instant, unlike Sonic characters, who need 7 emeralds.
Yes the comics ARE canon....
Stronger??? No
Faster?? NOPE!
Universe-Multi-universe busters
DB has a fanbase i would say is 86% worst......
Meh. To me all I see are some writers wanking Sonic characters (not Mega Man cause he's a SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT)
Also funny joke about the fanbase, atleast the DB fanbase don't make me be ashamed to be apart of it. (I'm not
posting on this topic, again, ever. I don't want to lose my temper on this and risk getting a strike, On a franchise I hate and don't care about. So don't bother responding to me on this topic).
Last edited by Soppa Saia People on Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ

BrolyLSSJ
Beyond Newbie

Post by BrolyLSSJ » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:06 pm

Writings wanking......explain the existence of Super then? serious fan service and straight bad writing from akira.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:13 pm

Continuities can not be interchanged unless the topic is about say a composite character. The comics were used more as backstories in these vids, rather than being used for feats. So it's pick and choose which continuity to go with. Hence during Mega Man vs Astro Boy, none of the Archie Comics were really used beyond just for back story.

In this case if your picking Archie continuity you have to ask which one? The pre or post reboot. Things like the chaos force, Enerjak, Scourge, etc do not exist anymore. Said either by Ian Flynn, or the law suit with Penders that actively got rid of a ton of extra's. So just like how Pre Crisis Superman is ignored for all things Post Crisis/New 52, so is Archie unless that specific period is the one being included.

The comics are canon to themselves. They are "A" canon. Those previous events were once canon, but no longer are they canon. Depending on the topic they can be used or not. The comics are not canon to the games though. There is no Sally. There is no Freedom Fighters. There is no Enerjak. There is no Mobius. There is no ancient society that makes Tails a beef cake super god after he merges with his other multi-verse selves XD. The comics are their own canon and can not be mixed into the games canon unless we're asking for a composite character. Otherwise I can say Sonic Boom is also canon so Knuckles is actually retarded.

Going by the research team and how I believe they have said that the comics were only used as background information and not for feats. The Death Battle was pretty much strictly game Shadow vs Vegeta. Between those two Vegeta stomps badly. Pre Archie Shadow could probably beat Vegeta. Post Archie I have no idea since the rules are different now as no chaos force, and no tons of emeralds everywhere.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:18 pm

BrolyLSSJ wrote:Writings wanking......explain the existence of Super then? serious fan service and straight bad writing from akira.
(I know I said I wasn't posting here again but because it's about DB and not Sonic I think I'll be fine)
1. Don't call him "akira", that's pretty rude and disrespectful (in my opinion)
2. DB characters have been nerfed, remember when Vegtea had to angle his final flash so it didn't destroy earth ? I highly doubt something like that will happen in Super.

๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ

BrolyLSSJ
Beyond Newbie

Post by BrolyLSSJ » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:21 pm

Pre Genesis since of the more feats.