Do you enjoy some predecessors games over successor ones?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Do you enjoy some predecessors games over successor ones?

Post by EXBadguy » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:21 pm

I do. I remember myself enjoying LoG2 over BF and enjoying BT2 more then BT3, because I always felt like BT3 was a bit shorter than BT2, despite it being just as fun and content packed. That's why I'm not getting BT3 again...yet, until I unlock everything in BT2. I'm now playing Budokais 2 & 3, and I can honestly say that I enjoy Budokai 2's story mode over Budokai 3's. I dunno, it's RPG boardgame is more fun and it has many alternate possibilities, while Budokai 3's story is a bit too straightfoward, despite it having alternate paths too, though not as much as Budokai 2. Babidi's Spaceship and Dragon Arena are some of the best modes ever for a DBZ game.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Shinnin
Beyond Newbie

Re: Do you enjoy some predecessors games over successor ones

Post by Shinnin » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:52 pm

In some ways, yeah. I prefer the overall look and feel of RB1 (the graphics, the lack of slow-mo, the story mode, the menu, etc.) over RB2.

I'm not sure if this one would count since the games had different developers, but I thought the team-based actions were significantly better in Battle of Z than in Xenoverse.
Last edited by Shinnin on Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:47 am

RB1 over RB2 and UT easily (Graphics, atmosphere, soundtrack, story) just like Shinnin.
Ultimate Butouden over Extreme since yeah...we all know why.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:57 am

Sometimes BT2 over BT3 depending on what mood I'm in. BT2 had way better music and story mode.

And probably RB1 over RB2 because it actually had a real story mode, didn't feel as button-mashy, and had more colourful menus. Although RB2 did have Yamamoto, I do like the RB1 score too.

And I prefer Budokai 3 to Burst Limit for having smoother gameplay, a better story mode, better music, more modes, better menus, more characters, and just being a more complete package in general. I enjoy Infinite World nearly as much as B3 despite it being made on a budget.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:56 pm

I like Legacy of Goku 2 over the third game too. It was harder and felt longer too. I always found LOG3 to be too easy to be honest.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:57 pm

Always preferred BT2 over BT3, Budokai 3 over Burst Limit and RB1 over RB2.

Neshawn
Beyond Newbie

Post by Neshawn » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:45 pm

I was just going to start a thread on if xenoverse was more enjoyable to most than the bt series or the Budokai/infinite World Series. I think after playing all the raging blasts and bt and what I feel is the best of the Budokai styles infinite world that I prefer them to xenoverse. Combat is more what I'm asking about, I know someone will say they are all different but I just feel the combat was better in bt2 and 3 and even rb2. What do you think?
"I'm THE BEAN DADDY!"

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:17 pm

I think most people like Super Butouden 2 over 3.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:12 pm

The S wrote:I think most people like Super Butouden 2 over 3.
I know I do...

Also Budokai 3 over Shin Budokai, Burst Limt, and Infinite World.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:07 am

I like the first Super Sonic Warriors over the second game. I like the what if stories and the second game didn't add anything new expect for the touch screen feature. The game still suffer from having too many versions of the same character. Why do we have two versions of Semi-Perfect Cell or two versions of Super Buu. We also have two versions of Final Form Freeza too. It's also impossible to erase a save data in the game which was also a issue that the first game had and they didn't bother to fix it.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:01 am

Budokai was definitley a better game than Budokai 2.

Silver Sinspawn
Advanced Regular

Post by Silver Sinspawn » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:41 am

Bullza wrote:Budokai was definitley a better game than Budokai 2.

Implying that Many Buu Absorbtions, Tiencha and Gokule aren't god tier characters.
Oh, you think the Grand Tour is your ally, you merely stepped into the Grand Tour. I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn’t see the Super until I was already a man; by then, it was nothing to me but blinding!

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:28 am

Silver Sinspawn wrote:
Bullza wrote:Budokai was definitley a better game than Budokai 2.

Implying that Many Buu Absorbtions, Tiencha and Gokule aren't god tier characters.
They aren't. In fact, Super Buu was terrible in the game (only Recoome and Nappa were worse).
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Shoryuken
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shoryuken » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:09 am

Though DBZBT3 is in many regards an upgrade to DBZBT2, I did like the fact that you could aim your special attacks in DBZBT2.
これはシグネチャではない
Personal blog - myriadleaves.eu